About Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Founded in 1834, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (known as KNU in Ukraine) is one of the best options for students from all over the world who admire pursuing MBBS abroad. It is the third oldest university in Ukraine and has a rich cultural and educational history. More than 26,000 students are already studying there, including Indian students.
Taras Shevchenko National University in Kyiv operates under the motto “Glory is Glory” and is known for its progressive thinking and learning. There is no language problem for foreign students as the classes are conducted in English. 601,650 in QS Global World Rankings 2022-23. , Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv is NMC and WHO accredited.Students can relieve their study stress at the university's spa and sports club on the banks of the Dnieper.
Affiliation and Recognition of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Taras Shevchenko National University Of Kyiv is accredited by many medical bodies such as:
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
Why study MBBS at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv?
- Ukraine has excellent quality of education and Taras Shevchenko National University in Kyiv is the best university in Ukraine.
- Affordable fee structure.
- KNU is one of the top ranked universities in the world and #2 in Ukraine.
- The university offers student exchange programs with American universities to help students learn about different cultures and meet different challenges during their internships.
- The language of instruction is English, which makes it easier for foreign students to understand.
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv recognized by WHO and NMC.
Quick highlights about Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Advantages of MBBS at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- It is the third oldest university in the country and although it was founded as St. Vladimir Imperial University of Kiev, it was renamed in 1939 after Taras Shevchenko, a Ukrainian poet and politician who is considered one of the founders of modern Ukrainian literature.
- KNU University buildings are mainly located in the center of Kiev. The Red University building is the main building of the university and also a recognized national symbol of the Ukrainian higher education system.
- The building houses a large enclosed courtyard and behind the building is the university's AVFomin Botanical Garden, which houses one of the tallest greenhouses in the world.
- Other notable buildings include the Yellow Building, which houses the KNU Humanities Department, and the Maksymovych Library, the country's largest research library.
- The Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv also has an astronomical observatory founded in 1845.
- The university consists of 13 faculties, eight institutes, one research center and two faculties.
- It has bilateral association agreements with around 230 educational and scientific institutions worldwide.
- In the world and cooperation agreements with more than 400 different universities.
- KNU students benefit from a large campus with modern accommodation, sports facilities, cafeterias, IT facilities and a spa.
Duration Of MBBS In Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Taras Shevchenko National University in Kyiv offers students a 5.8-year MBBS course:
- The first 3 years of the course are devoted to the preclinical course.
- The remaining term includes the other study and internship periods as well as 1 year of mandatory internship.
- The study plan consists of a practical and a theoretical study of general medicine.
Faculty at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Faculty of general medicine
- The pediatric Faculty
- Surgery Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacy
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Fees Structure 2023-24
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv ranking 2023-24
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- The good thing about studying MBBS in Ukraine is that students do not have to sit or qualify for entrance exams like TOEFL or IELTS.
- The student must be 17 years of age or older on or before October 31 of the applicable admission year.
- Students who want to study MBBS in Ukraine have to cover at least 50% of the points in exam 12 with the PCB group.
- The NEET exam is mandatory for admission to medical schools in Ukraine from 2019.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Admission Process
- Step 1. Fill out the Application Form
- Step 2. Send your scanned documents to the university via the online portal.
- Step 3. The university will then send you the confirmation letter via its online portal.
- Step 4. This is where the immigration process begins and you will receive an invitation letter.
- Step 5. You need to visit Embassy of Ukraine in Delhi along with all your documents and invitation letters.
- Step 6. There you can apply for the student visa.
Document Required For Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Admission
The following documents are required –
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th
- Birth certificate translated in English and notarised
- Invitation letter from a particular university
- Valid Passport
- NMC eligibility certificate
- HIV medical report.An affidavit from the guardian/ parent
- First-year fee receipt
MBBS Syllabus at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv are as follows-
Hostel And Accomodation Taras Shevchenko National University Of Kyiv
- Taras Shevchenko National University Of Kyiv has an excellent hostel accommodation system. It has three dormitory buildings with a capacity for more than 2,000 students.
- The rooms are fully furnished and consist of an apartment-like system with one double and one triple room with attached bathroom.
- On each floor there is a common room and a common kitchen for cooking.
- A fitness center with a recreation center that includes a ping-pong table.
- The hostel rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses, pillows, blankets, two side tables, a wardrobe per room and a table and a chair per room.
- Residents receive a weekly change of bed linen and pillowcases.
- Hot water is available at certain times.
- All rooms have central heating.
- A plumber, carpenter and electrician are available on call.
- Admission to the hostel is competitive.
- It is based on the order of arrival and is subject to availability.
- Students staying in the hostel sign an annual contract and are expected to follow the hostel's rules.
- This includes closing the hostel door at 11pm, registering all hostel visitors, keeping calm and being considerate of other hostel residents.
Why MBBS in Ukraine?
- Ukraine is a country with a democratic form of government headed by a nationally elected president.
- The Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) is the supreme legislative body. It consists of 450 members elected for 4 terms by proportional majority system. On August 24, 1991, Ukraine declared itself an independent state.
- In order to rebuild the country, Ukraine opened its doors to foreign investors, businessmen and, most importantly, tourists.
- Ukraine has always been hospitable and friendly and is always happy to receive foreign businessmen, foreign guests, tourists and students.
- The rich talent of the Ukrainian people has created wonderful architecture, many secular and religious monuments from the 11th to the 18th centuries, which can be seen in all cities of Ukraine.
- If you have the opportunity, visit some of the many historic sites and towns where numerous treasures tell you about the great past and traditions. The past is reflected in the architecture and atmosphere of the cities.
- Ukraine has a well-developed economy with significant parts of the agricultural and industrial sectors.
- Rocket and space technology, aircraft and shipbuilding, production of high-tech equipment are among the main branches of Ukrainian industry.
- The missile and space complex of Ukraine has great potential. Ukraine is characterized by a high scientific potential.
- After regaining independence of Ukraine, the ideas of national cultural revival stimulated the process of democratization in the cultural sphere, pluralism in a creative process, stimulated cultural life in the regions.
- The extension of international contacts has become a positive trend.
- Comfortable with less expensive groceries and less expensive utilities.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Ukraine
- There are also many WHO and other publications available on human resource development for health.
- No donation or capitation fee is required for admission in university.
- Low tuition fees and affordable living cost at low expenses.
- Studying MBBS in Ukraine is a dream of any medical student because Ukraine has top medical universities and sees graduates from all over the world including India who want to study MBBS.
- Above all, the degree is recognized and accepted by the MCI which makes it a popular choice amongst Indian students who want to study MBBS in Ukraine.
- MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
- It is considered to be the most prestigious course that a medical student can pursue.
- No other entrance test for admission in university.
- Medium of teaching is English.
- Always on time, Safe and time-consuming, Better Environment, Reduce Traffic, Reduce pollution, It can teach time management, Money saver.
- Education is provided by trained and qualified staff.
- This college has available all facilities. Just like a big playground, students hostels, gymnasium, etc.
- The university has highly qualified and dedicated teaching staff imparting high quality knowledge.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- RMC facilitates the scholars in filling up the applying forms with none mistake.
- RMC helps the students in choosing the colleges consistent with the student’s criteria.
- The RMC provide elaborated info to the students and their folks regarding the college.
- RMC helps throughout admission method like in visa, passport, travelling, scholarships, accommodations, etc
- We have a tendency to conjointly help the students in obtaining education loans and insurances easily.
- We have a tendency to utilize best resources to produce best choices for the student’s that matches the parameters of the student’s adore budget, ability, aptitude, and field of interest, and so on.
- We have a tendency to not solely provide the knowledge regarding the school however we do give correct information about the environment, culture, admission process, documents required, etc.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
What facilities are there in the hostels?
All necessary facilities for a comfortable stay are included. The hostel rooms usually have two to three beds (including blankets, pillows and sheets), several desks, some closets, chairs, up to 10 sockets, several lamps (blanket and desk) and central heating. Stable high-speed WiFi is provided free of charge for everyone staying at the hostel or studying at the university. Kitchens and bathrooms are shared The youth hostels have their own laundry and reading rooms
Do I have to learn Ukrainian language?
It is not compulsory to learn the Ukrainian language. Yet it is suggested to learn the language to simplify the stay at university, city and to communicate with patients.
Are there any disadvsantages of studying abroad?
The major issue is climate change. Not every Indian student tends to handle the cold climate with ease. It will take some time to get used to new surroundings.