About Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) is one of Iran's most famous medical universities, connected with the Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education. It is a governmental medical university in Tabriz, Iran's East Azerbaijan Province. This university, founded in 1946, is the country's second-oldest medical school. TUOMS has always been actively involved in research, health, and treatment, in addition to academic activities. This university provides a wide range of chances and good facilities for study and research in medical subjects, and it is a nationally known high-profile institution that provides the community with quality education, research, and treatment services.
Tabriz Institution of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) is a state university in Tabriz, East Azarbaijan Province, Iran. With about 5000 students, it is rated as one of Iran's finest medical schools. Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Paramedical Sciences, Health, Nutrition, and Food Sciences, Rehabilitation, Nursing & Midwifery, Health administration and medical informatics, Advanced Medical Sciences, and Traditional Medicine are among the eleven faculties of the University.
The school grants professional degrees in Medicine (M.D.), Dentistry (D.D.S.), Pharmacy (Pharm.D.), as well as Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in a variety of medically related areas. The institution also provides technical courses for students pursuing associate degrees and certification in medical disciplines. TUMS also manages over ten teaching hospitals and is a prominent medical care provider in East Azarbaijan Province and its adjacent areas.
Affiliation and Recognition of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) is one of Iran's most famous medical universities, connected with the Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education. Tabriz University of Medical Sciences is linked with the following hospitals:
- Imam Reza Hospital
- Shahid Madani (Imam Khomeini) Hospital
- Children's Hospital (Koudakan Hospital)
- Sina Hospital
- Razi Hospital
- Alzahra Hospital
- Shohada Hospital
- Bababaghi Hospital
- Taleghani Hospital
- Nikoukari Hospital
- Alavi Hospital
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences and Medical Services owns and maintains ten hospitals. Prior to 2007, Imam Khomein Hospital served as the university's primary educational hospital. Following that, Imam Reza hospital took over the university's main clinical departments, and major portions of Imam Khomeini hospital were relocated to the newly structured "Imam Reza" hospital. Imam Reza Hospital is presently the university's major educational hospital, as well as the city and East Azerbaijan Province's referral hospital. Imam Reza Hospital has taken over the university's principal clinical departments, including Internal Medicine (other than Cardiology and Hematology/Oncology), Neurology, Infectious Diseases, Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology, Radiology and Emergency Medicine.
Shahid Madani Hospital is TUMS's heart center (Madani Heart Center), with cardiology and cardiac surgery wards, a heart emergency care division, and a Coronary Care Unit (CCU). Before 1994, Madanai Heart Center was a part of Imam Khomeini Hospital before becoming an independent heart surgery center. Madani Heart Center is the primary facility for Angiography, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG), and a variety of other heart surgeries and inpatient and outpatient managements.
Bababaghi Leprosarium, which is also linked with TUMS, is one of Iran's primary leprosy treatment institutes. Since its inception before the Islamic Revolution, this facility has served leprosy patients.
Why study MBBS at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)?
- If you are thinking of pursuing higher education in medicine or other branches of medical sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences is one of the best places to start.
- Tabriz State Medical University offers medical education at a low cost to all students.
- The institution features an experienced faculty and a well-organized campus. In addition, the institution delivers practical knowledge via the use of innovative technologies and well-equipped laboratories.
- As English is also the medium of instruction, there is no need to learn the local language.
- There are no contribution fees required for admission to Tabriz State Medical University.
- Teachers provide students with personalized attention while they learn or practice.
Quick highlights about Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
Advantages of MBBS at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
This university, a nationally recognized high-profile institution that delivers quality education, research, and therapeutic services to the community, provides a wide range of possibilities and great facilities for study and research in medical subjects. TUOMS is the statewide home campus for programs in pharmacology, dentistry, health, nutrition, management and informatics, nursing and midwifery, paramedicine and rehabilitation, and advanced sciences.
As one of Iran's leading medical research institutions, TUOMS strives to promote and support researchers to achieve its research and academic objectives. Through its eight vice-chancellors, the university attempts to achieve its three major missions: research, education, and health care.
It is a forerunner in the production and use of knowledge, and it is dedicated to contributing its contribution to ensuring and promoting societal public health.
In accordance with the Islamic-Iranian paradigm, TUOMS strives to maintain its valued and prominent position among national medical universities. The institution also tries to be involved among medical universities on a global scale.
Finally, knowledge-based development has been identified as the primary policy that should be included in all actions. These programs are used to attain this goal:
- Training devoted and qualified staff members in various medical groups based on Islamic-Iranian culture.
- Continuously improving employees' and graduates' scientific capacities and skills in relation to the health system.
- Contribution to the advancement and promotion of mental and social health through "knowledge transfer" and scientific dissemination.
- Developing new knowledge and technology, as well as using research findings and engaging in entrepreneurship in health-related disciplines.
- Improving the quality of living in conformity with the Islamic-Iranian way of life.
- Policy supervision and involvement, as well as delivering optimal health care services at all levels, with a focus on disadvantaged sectors of society.
- Expansion and enrichment of religious culture, as well as physical and mental health services for medical students and staff
- Students are able to study from highly trained and professional professors.
- Establishing relationships with healthcare policy-making centers and partnering with national and international higher education institutes.
Duration of MBBS program in Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
As an undergraduate program, the MBBS program consists of Pre-clinical and Clinical phases. Upon the successful completion of the program the title “Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)” is granted to the professionals who succeed in the program, being referred to by the courtesy title of “Doctor” and the prefix “Dr.”
Faculty at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences is made up of ten faculties that educate students for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees. The Faculty of Medicine, being the university's largest faculty, runs a university-affiliated hospital and outpatient clinics, as well as departments of Basic Sciences. The Tabriz Faculty of Medicine's Basic Sciences departments include Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry & Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology & Parasitology, Medical Physics, and Community Medicine. Internal Medicine (other than Cardiology), Cardiology, Neurology, Infectious Diseases, Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Urologic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Dermatology, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Anesthesiology, and Emergency Medicine are clinical departments located in university-affiliated hospitals.
Tabriz Faculty of Pharmacy (also known as Tabriz Pharmacy School) is recognized as the country's second-best pharmacy school. It offers Ph.D. degrees in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry in addition to teaching ordinary pharmacy physicians (Pharmacists). Tabriz University of Medical Sciences is comprised of 11 faculties:
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Nutrition
- Faculty of Nursery & Midwifery
- Faculty of Health management and medical informatics
- Faculty of Para medicine
- Faculty of Rehabilitation
- Faculty Of Advanced Medical Sciences
- Traditional Medicine
- Maragheh Faculty of Nursery & Midwifery
- Sarab Faculty of Medical Sciences
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) Fees Structure 2022-23
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) ranking
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission in MBBS:
- The candidate must have completed 12th from CBSE/ICSE or an equivalent board of examination.
- To be qualified for MBBS admission to Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) the candidate must have secured at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th examination.
- The age for applying MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- The base age to apply for affirmation for MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- In order to get enrolled to MBBS in Iran, the candidate must have qualified the NEET test.
- To apply for MBBS in Iran, individuals must have passed the NEET (UG) Entrance exam (according to the most recent MCI release).
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) Admission Process
Candidates must take examinations as part of the admissions process. The academic year is traditionally divided into semesters, as it is at many other Iranian universities. The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery) and MD (Master of Medicine) are the two most popular medical degrees awarded in Iranian universities (Doctor of Medicine). The prerequisites for an MBBS application vary based on the university to which you wish to apply. The needs listed here are estimates. So, in order to have a comprehensive image, you need conduct research on the University of your Choice. Some general criteria for an MBBS include:
- Step 1. Completely fill out the application form with accurate personal and educational information.
- Step 2. Send scanned copies of your academic qualifications and passport to the University of your Choice.
- Step 3. After the University has completed its evaluation of your application, it will generate a report.
- Step 4. Paying for tuition Fill out a student visa application.
- Step 5. Board a plane to Iran and begin your adventure to become a doctor.
Document Required For Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) Admission
Make sure you have all of the relevant papers before applying for admission in Iran to avoid any confusion or rushing at the last minute. For MBBS admission in Iran, the following documents are required:
- You must have your high school/secondary school transcript (10th grade).
- You must have finished your secondary/intermediate schooling (12th).
Bring your NEET Score Card with you.
A new ID proof with all the necessary information issued by the Government of India is required.
English proficiency test certification
Letter of Recommendation
Letter of Motivation Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Student Visa on Passport
- Current Financial Situation
MBBS Syllabus at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) are as follows-
Hostel and Accommodation at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
Single student residence in any residential property not linked with Tabriz University of Medical Sciences is illegal by Iranian law, and all international students must remain in university dorms.
Unfortunately, the University cannot presently provide lodging for additional family members (wife/husband/children, etc.) of married students; however, if the married students desire to be placed in the single students' dormitory, the University can assist them in obtaining a room.
Also, if married students wish to accommodate their family members in the city, they need go to the Immigration and Passport Office and complete the necessary paperwork. They can then rent an apartment outside of the University.
The institution does not offer student dorms, but it may recommend some of the best places, all of which are near to the main campus. International students may share dorms with their Iranian counterparts. These dorms' rooms are normally constructed to sleep four or five individuals. Although we make every effort to place foreign students in the same rooms, this is not always possible, and we cannot guarantee the quantity or nationalities of roommates.
The true cost of remaining is determined by the students' decisions. Depending on the university and the degree, the average cost of studying MBBS in Iran, excluding living expenses, ranges from 6000 USD to 8000 USD a year.
Costs of Food and Accommodation
Food is of good quality and hygienic standards, and it is fairly priced. Lunch at an Iranian mid-range restaurant costs between $15 and $20 USD. The cost of lodging will range between 6000 and 8000 USD.
To live comfortably in Iran while studying, a student should budget roughly $100 per month for living expenses, excluding tuition fees. Ukraine is significantly less expensive to study and live there. This, however, is dependent on the individual's lifestyle.
Public transportation in the nation is also fairly priced. Students receive a 30% discount on ordinary train and bus tickets across the city. A one-way local transit ticket is about $2, while a monthly pass is between $10 and $30.
Why Pursue Your MBBS Studies in Iran
Iran, the Islamic republic, is the easternmost country in the Middle East. The Caspian Sea borders the nation on the north, and the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman border it on the south. Persia was the country's former name. On land, it is bordered by Armenia, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan, while in the Caspian Sea, it is bordered by Kazakhstan, Russia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.
The population of the nation is projected to be over 83 million people (as of 2020 data). The republic's capital and political and economic center, Tehran, is the country's biggest metropolis. The Iranian Medes initially unified Iran in the seventh century BC, and it achieved its territorial apogee in the sixth century BC, when Cyrus the Great created the Achaemenid Empire, which became one of the world's first superpowers and one of history's greatest empires.
Iran is a regional and intermediate power in Asia, with a strategic position. It is a founder member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It has massive fossil fuel reserves, including the world's second-largest natural gas supply and fourth-largest known oil reserves. The country's 22 UNESCO World Legacy Sites highlight the country's rich cultural heritage.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Iran
Affordable living costs
- Global Recognition and Exposure
- The weather is pleasant.
- Students at MBBS in Iran have access to high-quality educational resources.
- In Iran, MBBS has established innovative infrastructure.
- In Iran, MBBS features academic buildings that are connected to dormitory structures where students can stay.
- In Iran, students studying MBBS can learn from highly qualified and skilled lecturers.
- Experimentation laboratories are well-equipped at MBBS in Iran.
- Universities in Iran have large libraries with a wide range of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, editorials, encyclopedias, and other non-fiction literature to help students expand their knowledge.
- Students studying MBBS in Iran gain extensive exposure to technology as well as a high degree of quality information.
- MBBS in Iran accepts applications from students from all over the world, resulting in a multi-cultural setting.
- MBBS in Iran provides international students with airport pickup, travel accommodations, lodging, and international bank account establishment services while they are enrolled.
- The application for admission to MBBS in Iran is done online and is much simpler.
- On-campus training is available at MBBS in Iran.
- University-affiliated hospitals provide advanced training and internship opportunities.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS)
RMC education is among the best and well-structured for students who wish to study abroad. We advise and encourage students as they study MBBS and help them create their future. We take on all major and small tasks such as profile evaluation, shortlisting institutions, preparing applications, accessing admissions, Visa procedures, and so forth. Because of our systematic working style, we are among the pioneers in developing abroad education. With us, you have the ideal platform to move forward in the proper direction. We have assisted over 10,000 students in gaining admission to well-equipped foreign colleges without any contribution fees. We also walk students through the admissions process step by step and provide assistance with visa procedures. Our greatest experts are always available to provide you the most precise and effective advice about studying abroad.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an Iranian medical degree recognised in India?
Yes, if achieved at one of the MCI-approved schools, an MBBS from Iran is accepted in India. The MBBS course structure in Iran is identical to that of India. Students must pass a screening test administered by the National Medical Council in order to practise in India (MCI).
Is NEET essential for MBBS studies in Iran?
NEET has been required to study MBBS in Iran and other countries since 2018.
Is an MBBS degree from Iran recognised in India?
Because Iranian medical institutes are recognised by India's Medical Council, an MBBS degree from Iran is recognised in India.
Is MBBS costly in Iran?
MBBS in Iran is less expensive than in other countries like as India or Nepal.
Are there any long vacations for students that they can take to visit their families in India?
Every semester, students are given two long vacations. These vacations are lengthy enough to allow you to travel back to India.
Is there an entrance exam for Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) admission?
There are only basic criteria for students to clear the NEET exam. There is no other entrance exam for taking admission.