St. Marys school of medicine is the youngest college of the Imperial College, London. It was founded in the year 1854 as a part of the hospital in Paddington.
In the 1980s and 1990s, it was the most popular medical college in the country. It was established as the St. Marys hospital medical school in the year 1854. In 1988, it merged with Imperial College London and in 1997 the college was finally renamed as Imperial College School of Medicine.
All in one St. Marys School of Medicine:
|Establishment||1854- St. Marys hospital medical school.
1988- Merged with imperial college London.
1997- Imperial college school of medicine.
|Location||South Pacific country of Cook island.|
|Affiliations||Imperial College in London.|
The institution is aimed at providing the medical care education facility and nursing education at an affordable price to the students who have a life long aim of getting admission in a medical university and pursuing medicine as their career. The decision of choosing medicine as the career and taking it forward in serving the community and its people is a very important and life-changing decision which depends on choosing the right college. St. Marys school of medicine serves an impressive purpose in this field.
St. Marys school of medicine is registered with the 7th edition of the World Health Organisation publication with the educational commission of foreign medical graduates.
The students seeking St. Marys school of medicine admission must have ninety semester credit hours or a bachelor degree from a recognised institution which should be considered to take admission directly into the 3 ½ years continuous doctor of medicine program. This is considered equivalent to 4 academic years.
The following pre-requisite must be completed to get direct admission into the doctor of medicine program-
|Mathematics/ statistics||4 credits|
|General chemistry||8 credits|
|Organic chemistry||8 credits|
|English language||8 credits|
|Liberal arts and science||2 credits|
|Medical physiology II||3|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics||5|
|Biostatistics and medical writing||4|
|Preventive medicine and epidemiology||7|
|Introduction to clinical medicine||4|
After completing the basic science phase of the medical program the students automatically enter the clinical science phase of the medical degree program. The clinical science program consists of 86 weeks of rotations in different specialities from colleges who have affiliation from St. Marys school of medicine.
|Internal medicine||15 weeks|
|Family medicine||8 weeks|
|Obstetrics and gynaecology||8 weeks|
- The candidate from any country can apply for admission, with a minimum age of 17 years.
- The candidate must have qualified the senior secondary education from any recognised board of education.
- Indian candidates must have passed the high school and intermediate classes with the mandatory subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their 10+2 stream.
- The language proficiency test such as IELTS is mandatory for foreign medical aspirants.
- UMAT is the other mandatory test which must be attempted by all the aspirants.
- For students applying from India, NEET qualification is mandatory.
The students seeking St. Marys school of medicine admission should keep in mind the following points and should keep the following mentioned documents at the time of applying and at the time of arriving at the medical school-
-Complete application form
-All official transcripts.
-Passport size photographs
-Copy of birth certificate
-3 letters of recommendation
-Personal statement explaining all the accomplishments and reason for applying in the medical course.
-Physical examination report
-Character and transfer certificate
St. Marys school of medicine offers the medical and nursing courses at a very reasonable fee. The institution offers medical education with all the facilities and world-class teachers and laboratories which add on to the academic performance and also to the enhancement of practice.
|Particulars||Fee in USD|
|Doctor of Medicine program|
|Basic medical sciences||$5500 per trimester|
|Clinical sciences||$6500 per trimester|
|Bachelor of Science in nursing||$4500 per trimester|
St. Marys school of medicine ranking is recognised by all the applicants at the time of taking admission in the institute.
- The hostel at St. Marys school of medicine is facilitated by all the amenities.
- There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
- The hostel provides a safe atmosphere for its citizens and international students.
- The hostels have rooms and dormitories, which are provided by chairs, beds, table, heaters, air conditioners etc.
- The hostels have a strict security system.
- The hostels are provided with water and electricity for the students.