About S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
The S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy is medical academy located in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It aims to provide higher medical researchers and professors the training for armed forces treatment. They also conduct research in military medical services. 1714 is believed to be the unofficial establishment year of the Medical military academy. The academy enhances the doctors’ capabilities as a professional and trains them for serving the armed forces.
The origination dates back to the time of Peter the great. The Admiralty hospital was constructed on the order of Tsar Peter in the Vyborg region of Saint Petersburg region. Later the Land military hospital was created. In 1773 surgical schools associated with the former two were active and they were all constituted into one Main Medical College. The college became the main center for training of physicians and researchers for the army. The academy was constructed by Emperor Paul I . A neoclassical building was built by Antonia Porta. Many murals were there created by Giuseppe Bernasconi.
After gaining fame and being one of the best colleges of Russia it came to be known as the Imperial Medical and Surgical academy. In the following years many intellectuals worked for and in the academy and helped in bringing out their potential and making the education quality reach heights. It also laid emphasis on women’s education in the sciences. It opened courses for nurse wives in 1872. Nadezhda Suslova was one of the first to pass out from the academy. After the assassination of Sergey Kirov the institute gots it’s name.
Affiliation And Recognition of S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
These are the renowned bodies who have given recognition the S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
- S.M Kirov military medical academy is accredited to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
- It also gained recognition from the National Medical Council (MCI).
Why Study MBBS At S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy ?
There are various reasons why you should choose S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy to study MBBS.
Some of the reasons are
- The university is one of the top-ranked institute in Russia.
- The medical military academy is approved by known international bodies like the National Medical Council (NMC).
- The fee structure makes sure medical education is not stressful.
- The tough and challenging working conditions helps to increase the performance of every student.
Quick Highlights Of About S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
Advantages Of Study MBBS In S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
- The academy provides a compulsory internship with the MBBS course to make sure students become experienced for the fieldwork.
- Students get to learn from professional and experienced doctors and researchers.
- The harshness of the training makes the students prepared for working in the environment of the armed forces.
- The university is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and National Medical Council (NMC).
- There is sufficient technological support to enhance the quality of education.
- The medium of teaching is both English and Russian.
- The university has so many notable alumni.
Duration Of MBBS In S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
The MBBS course duration in S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy is 6 years:
- The duration of MBBS is of 6 years with one year of compulsory internship.
- The initial years focuses on theoretical knowledge and later years are about practical subjects. Students get to work with experienced doctors.
Faculties of S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
- Faculty of management
Faculty of Training for the Doctors (for the strategic Missile Forces and Russian Ground Forces
Faculty of Physician training (for Aerospace for forces of Russia)
Faculty of Physician training (for the Russian Navy)
Faculty of Training of Foreign Doctors
Faculty of Training of Professional Doctors
Faculty of Training of Civilian Specialists
Faculty of Secondary Vocational Training
S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy Ranking 2023-24
Eligibility To Study MBBS In S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
- Students must at least be 17 years in age and maximum be 35 years of age.
- He/she must have studied physics, chemistry and biology till class 12th and should have at least 50% marks in it.
- He/she should be a Russian citizen
- Physical fitness for health reasons.
S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy Admission Process
S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy 's admission process to study the MBBS course is detailed below:
- Step1: Students must apply online and fill the application form. They should submit all the documents mentioned above for verification.
- Step2: Once the verification is done and the institute is ready to accept them then they send an invitation letter.
- Step3: The invitation letter is used to apply for the Visa.
- Step4: Student are then required to reach Russia as soon as the session starts.
Document Required For S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy Admission
Make sure to keep the documents up to date and get them verified by the ministry of external affairs.
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity
- 10th mark sheet with original certificate
- 12th mark sheet with original certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Birth certificate
- 10 current passport size photographs
- Invitation letter from the medicine military academy
- Medical certificate which includes negative covid and HIV/AIDS report
- A specified score in United States Exam (USE) 55 in chemistry, 50 in Russian, and biology for specialization in medicine.
MBBS Syllabus at S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy are as follows-
Hostel and Accomodation at S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
The S.M Kirov Medical Military academy has the availability of dormitories for both girls and boys separately. The dormitories are 3-4 for each of them. They have all the basic facilities like laundry, dining area, libraries and more. The hostel is known for its comfort and disciplined environment. Students get to meet different kinds of people and know about their culture more. The hostel develops a sense of unity and togetherness.
- Cost of living in Saint Petersburg is quite high than India but is still lower than some western countries.
- Although the monthly expenses depends mostly one ones lifestyle.
Why MBBS in Russia?
Russia is economically cheap for students yet one of the preferred choices for international students to study MBBS for the following reasons:
- Russia is country with unlimited options for medical studies.
- It is a safe country and you can see the low crime rates.
- Things of daily needs are not at all expensive and are readily available.
- Hostel and PGs are available everywhere with a myriad international student.
- There is an availability of scholarships and financial assistance from the state. They provide subsidy to students qualifying some tests and Olympiads.
- Donation is not a thing in Russia
- Technologies available at colleges and universities enhances the quality of education.
- Friendliness is taught and used as the method of healthy education.
- Russia has 30 of its universities in top 100 of the World’s best medical universities’ list of the World Health Organization.
- The Russian universities also provide training to students for the medical council of India’s screening test after which you can practice medicine in India.
- Most universities have student councilors and psychologists and students can access them anytime in any kind of anxiety or other issues they face while adjusting.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Russia
Studying in Russia is a beneficial choice for students wanting to pursue higher studies MBBS in foreign. A few of these attractive benefits are listed below:
- MBBS in Russia is known globally and accepted elsewhere.
- So many students from India and the neighbors go to Russia and results in having successful futures.
- Russia is a safe and secure nation.
- Over 30 medical schools of Russia are listed in the international rating of medical university teaching.
- The universities here are mostly affordable and provide world-class education.
- Most universities are recognized by the World Health Organization/(WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The students get to learn from various experienced doctors and researchers.
- Russia has a cold but pleasant climate.
- The placement opportunities after graduation are extremely good students get to practice in many nations like Canada, USA, and Germany, etc.
- Most universities provide training to students for the MCI screening test.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy
RMC educational service center is an experienced and well-known consultancy in India. We make sure that the child gets the right information and guidance for choosing the University abroad. We will provide you with everything you’re required to know. We are committed to providing reliable and precise information. We believe in clear communication and tries best to make your journey to study abroad hassle-free. We will help you through everything be it the application forms or the visa procedure. Our MBBS consultants are well trained and experienced in this field and are always available at your service for any difficulty you face.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the city Saint Petersburg?
Saint Petersburg previously Petrograd and later Leningrad is one of the most populous city of Russia. It exists as a federal city. The city has a rich historical past and culture. It has over 200 museums and 2000 libraries. It ha an extensive system of transport which makes it more suitable. The climate is like freezing winters and pleasing yet hot summers.
Is there any internship in the MBBS course at S.M Kirov Medical Military Academy?
The 6-year MBBS course involves one year of compulsory internship for students to learn and practice in a professional environment. They get to work with top qualified doctors and researchers during this time
Is the university recognized by WHO?
Yes, and not only WHO but NMC, as well.
Is IELTS/TOEFL score required in the university?
No, the English proficiency test score is not required. Students can get admission without that however in some universities if you are an Indian student NEET score is required.
Does the university accepts transfer students?
Yes, although it depends upon the case.
Does the university accepts girl students?
Yes it does accepts female students although the academy beloved the medical professionals in the armed forces should be all-male for vocational training and education in courses like nursing and general medicine, they are admitted. They are supposed to give a physical fitness test and shall fulfill the eligibility criteria.