About Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
The First Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute was founded on September 14 (26) 1897 as the Women's Medical Institute. It was the first institution both in Russia and in Europe that offered women the opportunity to get higher medical education. The academy has grown into one of the leading medical centers in the country. From the very beginning it has adopted as the main principle a unique teaching methodology based on the combination of the best Russian medical educational traditions with methods of the Western educational system. The current name, Saint Petersburg is State The Medical University of P.Pavlov was awarded in 1994 by the decision of the Government of the Russian Federation to our university.2010 marked the 175th anniversary of the founding of the polyclinic. Scientific activity is one of the highest priorities of the university; The research covers the main areas of medicine, such as oncology, pharmacology, hematology and transplantation, molecular genetics, cardiology and heart surgery, pulmonology, nephrology, etc.
Affiliation And Recognition of Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
These are the renowned bodies who have given recognition the Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation
Why Study MBBS At Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute?
There are various reasons why you should choose Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute to study MBBS.
Some of the reasons are
- It is one of the oldest and largest Russian higher medical schools. Throughout its 112-year history, the Academy remains a leading Russian institution in medicine and in the training of specialists in preventive and clinical medicine.
- Petersburg due to its name change in 1920 in conjunction with Saint Petersburg State Medical University, referred to as the First Faculty of Medicine.
- The university is currently building the largest infectious disease hospital in St. Petersburg, a title previously claimed by Botkin. Hospital.
- The SPSMA has a long tradition of educating Russian and international students.More than 35,000 doctors graduated from the university.
- Since the international program began in 1947, there have been more than 3,500 international graduates from more than 50 countries.
- The total number of students is currently over 5000.
- There are plans to merge SPSMA with other schools; established a Northwestern State Medical University.
Quick Highlights Of About Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
Advantages Of Study MBBS In Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
- Many students attend the Academy from varied countries round the world, that emphasizes the Academy’s wonderful name. St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute policies give for civil right and social action in a job and admission to any or all programs of the Academy.
- The Academy graduates are wanted by employers everyplace for his or her data and reputation as innovators, leaders, and team players.
- The St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute encompasses a long and proud tradition of teaching Russian and international students; 35,000 physicians graduated from the Academy.
- Since starting the international program in 1947 there are more than 5000 international graduates from quite fifty countries.
- Presently there's a complete student population of over 6,000. the tutorial programs of the most schools of St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute are supported state educational standards, found out by Ministry of Health Care of Russian Federation.
Duration Of MBBS In Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute offers a 6 year medical degree in English that includes 5 years of MBBS course and 1 year of internship.
Faculties of Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
- Faculty of general medicine (English and Russian)
Medical-prophylactic Faculty (Russian)
The surgical Faculty (Russian)
Therapeutic faculty (Russian)
The pediatric Faculty (Russian)
Medical – biological Faculty (Russian)
The Faculty of foreign students
The Faculty of education for nurses
Health care and social work (Russian)
Dentistry faculty (English and Russian).
Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute Ranking 2023-24
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission in MBBS:
- Students must have cleared NEET exam.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate must have completed class 12th with at least 50% from a regular board.
- The student must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology at his/her 12th standard.
Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute Admission Process
Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute's admission process to study the MBBS course is detailed below:
- Step1: Candidates applying for admission to the MBBS must first fill out the relevant online application form available on the St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute official website and also gather all the information before completing the form .
- Step2: The candidate must submit the scanned copies of the above essential documents required for admission to the St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute.
- Step3: After reviewing the application, the applicant will receive an offer letter from St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute within a few days.
- Step4: After the letter of offer arrives, applicants must pay the tuition fees for the first year of St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute.
- Step5: The candidate must then apply for the visa as it takes a long time to process.
- Step6: Finally, the candidate obtains a valid passport to go to Russia at St. Petersburg Medico-social Institute and achieve his/her destination.
Document Required For Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute Admission
The following are the key documents students must provide to be admitted to Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
- The candidate willing to study MBBS at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute must carry the properly filled up application form copy during the admission process.
- Every candidate should submit the 10 th and 12 th mark sheets for admission.
- Submit the transfer certificate at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute which is provided by the previous institute.
- Candidates should submit the recently clicked passport size photographs for MBBS admission at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute.
- The candidate must submit a valid passport copy to enroll in the MBBS program at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute.
- It is necessary for the candidates to submit medical test reports and HIV tests.
- NEET examination scorecard and admit card is required during the time of MBBS admission.
- Submit COVID-19 test reports due to the pandemic situation during admission at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute.
- The candidates willing to pursue medicine at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute should submit a nationality certificate.
- The candidates must carry a birth certificate for MBBS admission.
- Migration certificate should be submitted by the students while admitting into the medicine program at ST. Petersburg Medico-social Institute.
MBBS Syllabus at Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute are as follows-
Hostel and Accomodation at Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
- The rooms are simple but comfortable, with a bed, a table, lamps, a small wardrobe and a bookcase.
- Each room adjoins a separate toilet and shower shared by two people.
- Two rooms together form a small apartment with a separate entrance from the ground floor.
- Each room and apartment has doors that can be locked with two separate keys to ensure high security and privacy.
- Some rooms have been renovated and are equipped with televisions, refrigerators and telephone lines, which can also be used for Internet connections via modem.
Why MBBS in Russia?
Russia is economically cheap for students yet one of the preferred choices for international students to study MBBS abroad for the following reasons:
- There are about 57 medical universities in Russia and 12 of them offer MBBS education in Middle English.
- One of them is that the ranking of medical universities in the Pacific state is also high.
- As one of the best educated countries in the world, Russia has a really good education system.
- Russia is considered the best in the world for MBBS education. Russia occupies almost 30 places among the 100 best medical universities in the world, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
- All of the top universities listed in W.H.O and M.C.I are helping Indian students practice anywhere in the world including India.One of them is that Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute ranking is too high.
- The average
MBBS fee in Russia is between 2.5 and 5 lakh which is very low.
- It is low because the Russian government grants an education grant.
- Students can also try different ways to qualify for free classes, as they can participate in Olympic Games organized by Russian universities, winners can be admitted to university without entrance exams, and they can prepare for free classes.
- Comfortable with less expensive groceries and less expensive utilities. Russia is a safe country compared to other countries due to strict laws.
- The climatic conditions are easy to adapt as they largely correspond to the climatic conditions of India
- The lifestyle is easy to adopt in Russia.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Russia
Studying in Russia is a beneficial choice for students wanting to pursue higher studies in MBBS in foreign. A few of these attractive benefits are listed below:
- Low tuition fees and affordable living cost.
No entrance test for admission
Oppurtunity to obtain dual diploma.
Advanced and comfortable.
Medium of Instruction Is English.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute
- RMC facilitates the scholars in filling up the applying forms with none mistake.
- RMC helps the students in choosing the colleges consistent with the student’s criteria.
- The RMC provide elaborated info to the students and their folks regarding the college.
- RMC helps throughout admission method like in visa, passport, travelling, scholarships, accommodations, etc
- We have a tendency to conjointly help the students in obtaining education loans and insurances easily.
- We have a tendency to utilize best resources to produce best choices for the student’s that matches the parameters of the student’s adore budget, ability, aptitude, and field of interest, and so on.
- We have a tendency to not solely provide the knowledge regarding the school however we do give correct information about the environment, culture, admission process, documents required, etc.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
What facilities are there in the hostels?
All necessary facilities for a comfortable stay are included. The hostel rooms usually have two to three beds (including blankets, pillows and sheets), several desks, some closets, chairs, up to 10 sockets, several lamps (blanket and desk) and central heating. Stable high-speed WiFi is provided free of charge for everyone staying at the hostel or studying at the university. Kitchens and bathrooms are shared The youth hostels have their own laundry and reading rooms.
Is it safe to live in Russia?
Russia is a safe country with an extremely low crime rate. It is safe to live and walk in any city as the police regularly patrol the streets and public squares for the safety of citizens. There are CCTV cameras operating within the dormitory, university and town in general 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and guards patrol their premises. All hostels are patrolled by security guards, a fire alarm system, card entry system and surveillance cameras are in place to keep our students in a healthy and safe environment.
What is the cost of living in Russia?
The cost of living in Russia is relatively cheap compared to other European countries. In case a student wants to live in Moscow, the cost is about $500 per month, and for all other cities of the Russian Federation, it is about $300 per month.
Can I work in my country/Russia after graduating from Russian University?
All degrees obtained in Russian universities are recognized by numerous countries and organizations (WHO, USMLE, MCI and others), so after graduation a student is able to work.