Institute of Applied Health Science
Institute of Applied Health Science is a eminent Private Medical College located in USTC Academic Building, Foy’s lake, Chittagong, Bangladesh. It had a modest starting on13 May 1989 andthen, it was finally established in 1990. It is acknowledged as one of the best Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Prof. Dr. Nurul Islam is the founder and Chairman of this eminent Medical College who led a dynamic team ofexcellent academic staffs and 300+ students.Moreover, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)has recognised MBBS degree. In addition to the courses are approved by UGC and Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
The Collegeis famous for its innovative advances both in technological and educationalbasis . It’s an WDOMS enlisted Medical College which mainly aims about providing holistic education by incorporating advanced teaching techniques, modern and innovative activities and giving opportunities to represent College in various national and international scientific forums with excellent professors which you expose them to a new world. It gives aninspirable and knowledgeable platform to its students. The campus is shared by Medical institute and Nursing College.
Affiliation and Recognition of Institute of Applied Health Science
- Courses are approved by UGC
- It is recognized under MCI and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- Permission by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- NMC, MCI and WHO recognized the College
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), FAIMER, the USA, which will enable doctors to appear at
- ECFMG and other entrance examinations in the United States or Any European Countries or Australia.
Quick highlights about Institute of Applied Health Science
Why Study MBBS degree at Institute of Applied Health Science ?
- Minimal package- Though it’s a top class College but it still don’t ask for ransom fees. It fit in the pocket of middle and lower class.
- Quality education- Provide holistic education to students helping them excel in every sphere.Besides, the highly qualified professors guide them to learn every aspect of their degree and career in both theoretical and practical ways.It gives extra foreign exposure to plan up an international medical career.
- College us equipped with advanced technology with top notch facilities like exemplary laboratory, spacious classrooms, departmental museums ,library, reading rooms, research rooms, cafeterias, sports complexes etc.
- It encourages teamwork culture, medical research and guide through different score like extensive lectures, group projects, practical field workshops, eminent alumni meets etc.
- In addition to this ,they provides practical knowledge and guide on from a early stage. So, the experience earned from these practices proves to be helpful for future in advancing the career.
- It provides different types of education in medicine and help in specialization as well as research work.
- Excellent specious campus, chances to join different clubs, cultural activities, sports and extracurricular activities.
- Maintains a good decorum and order with regard to hostels and sanitation facilities. (Separate are available for boys and girls)
- Overall, the college offers medical education, medical research and health care facilities. It offers a four and half years course of MBBS study degree with a year of internship after graduation.
- Perks of neighbouring County- Language, way of living ,customsetc. are quite same as India.Climate condition is quite similar so it becomes easy for students to get settledown.In addition to, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
- The medium of education is English so, it becomes quite easier for students to adapt and grasp studies efficiently.
Advantages of MBBS at Institute of Applied Health Science
Some of the benefits of studying MBBS at Institute of Applied Health Science are as follows:
- The fees of the college is low when compared with the Indian Private Medical College.
- The curriculum syllabus designed by Institute of Applied Health Science fully based on all round development of a student.
- Have highly professional Medical staff with modern amenities.
- The theoretical teaching is complemented by value-based studies , practical field workshops, case-based learnings and guided research works.
- Students studying here develop a high level of medical skills with regard to research techniques and Methodology.
- Moreover, they gains ability to apply their knowledge in appropriate way when it comes to medical practices .
- Institute of Applied Health Science provides students foreign exposure helping them to build their careers at International level.
- It exposes practical world early on. They treat people under proper guidance and gain experience in side by side with their studies.
Duration of Study in Institute of Applied Health Science
It takes full 6 years to complete graduation in Institute of Applied Health Science ,Bangladesh. The duration of study is divided into two parts :-
- 5 years – graduation classroom study ( theoretical and research based )
- 1 year –Internship ( Practical and experience based)
For obtaining registration from BMDC to practise Medicine, Internship is a prerequisite factor.
Faculties of Institute of Applied Health Science
Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Radiology and Imaging
Facilities of Institute of Applied Health Science
- Academic campus of the college is spacious and well acknowledged departments that make it unique .
- Institute of Applied Health Science provides Top notch facilities like spacious classrooms , research centres, departmental museums ,library , reading rooms,cafeteria,sports complexesetc.
- To furnish the clear understanding of students they have well equipped classes , advancedlaboratories and exemplary research centres. Moreover, It has seven storied building for library purposes.
- In addition to this, It has full time faculty system, excellent professors and friendly staffs.
- To eradicate the problem of language barrier, College system is solely based on English as their primary language.
- College has a good administrative system.
- Sanitation and hygiene are specially taken care of .
- It has excellent hostel system – separate for both boys and girls .
- Indian foods are served to students. So, Indian get adapted pretty quickly
- Anti-ragging environment.
- They have full air conditioned seminar halls, lecture halls, debate and conference halls.
- Digital smart classrooms with informative websites
- Many scholarship programs are held to help unprivileged students.
Institute of Applied Health Science Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Institute of Applied Health Science
Admission Testis conducted by Director General of Health Services centrally and it is supervised strictly.
Some major highlights are:-
- The students seeking to apply should be17 years of age or above by 31st July and less than 25 years old.
- Students should have cleared 10th and 12th securing marks more than 60% or 7 GPA.
- Qualifying NEET exam is a essential criteria for admission.
- Applicants have to go under gross medical examination as students having physical, mental and refractory disorders can’t be admitted .
Admission Process of Institute of Applied Health Science
Institute of Applied Health Science admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1:To get in Institute of Applied Health Science , a student must have appeared NEET exam.
- Step 2:Students securing 60 % of marks in all 3 subjects in NEET is prerequisite
- Step 3: Subjects prerequisite to get into Institute of Applied Health Science are BIOLOGY, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY.
- Step 4:If students meet all the criteria of admission, then they can apply for admission directly in their website:-
- Download ‘MBBS Admission forms from website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry (www.mofa.gov.bd) and fill with your medical choices.
- You have pay $60(subject to change) in a bank of your country in favour of DGHS to get the receipt.
- Submit the documents, receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy for grade equivalency and permission from Bangladesh.
- Send the required documents for a provisional letter of the college for booking a swat for you.
- After receiving permission letter and grade equivalency certificate, you can proceed with admission.
- Step 5: The applications goes through a strict evaluation under Director General of Health Services.
- Step 6:DGHS arrange admission test called Chittagong Medical University Entrance exam and based on this merit students get chance to get admission.
- Step 7: A waiting list also published. If any seat remains vacant after the admission deadline then, waiting list students can go for admission .
Documents required for admission at Institute of Applied Health Science
Students who wish to enroll at the Institute of Applied Health Science for their MBBS program must submit the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
NEET report card
Photocopies of the documents should be attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
Photocopy of valid passport ( passports within 3 months of validation)
Passport size photos ( 2 recently clicked photos )
High School completion board certificate
12th class completion board certificate
Syllabus of MBBS in Institute of Applied Health Science
Hostel and Accommodation at Institute of Applied Health Science
Institute of Applied Health Science has a exemplary Hostel with proper sanitation and hygiene. There are hostels exclusively for girls . The hostel is guided under strict supervision for ensuring the safety of students.
Some other features are :-
- Located in Urban areas so, quite good transportation system is available
- High security standard
- Reading Rooms , in hostel libraries
- Kitchen and TV are also available.
- Cafeteria – it provides Indian foods as a large number of Indians study there.
- Hostel offers choice between single occupancy or sharing.
- It provides a good study surrounding
- Wi-Fi facilities with 24 hours electricity and internet broadband.
- Cost of living in Bangladesh is quite low so, the hostel fees fit in the pocket.
- Equipped with modern amenities and ultra modern infrastructure for accommodation.
- Internet, laundry, college canteen, Mess at each block and other basic things are available.
- 24 hour hospital, police, total security, water supply etc. Services
- Provide other facilities like library, research labs, sports complexes, extracurricular centers
Why Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is a hotspot for medical students. It attracts thousands and thousands of students
- Bangladesh offers a wide range of varieties in Medical College with low fees.
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate very high which is needed in India for practice.
- English is the official language of colleges so, there is no need to learn any other language.
- Cost of Living in Bangladesh is quite low
- Bangladesh Medical colleges believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their quality teaching.
- Bangladesh Government made many scholarship programs to help the needy student
to complete their MBBS degree.
- It’s the neighbouring County of India so, it has many things in common.
- Perks of neighbouring County- Language, way of living ,customs etc. are quite same as India.
- They serve Indian foods and people seems to be friendly so, it becomes easy to reside there
- Climate condition is quite similar so it becomes easy for students to get settle down.
- In addition to, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- It is easy to apply for admission in Bangladesh
- Minimal package
- Colleges give foreign exposure which act a excellent foundation in career
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate very high which is needed in India for medical practice.
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge make a excellent student as well as doctor
- Bangladesh Medical colleges believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their quality
- Many of the Bangladesh Medical colleges provide direct admission without sitting for
- Entrance exam
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Institute of Applied Health Science
- RMC Educational Service Centre co-ordinately assist students from starting with filling of application form to the admission process completely get over.
- During Admission process , we provide utmost help to make your journey smoother .
- We assist students in every step by providing instruction and guidance.
- We help students to get students’ loans and insurances .
- We inform students about the topics related to Medical College like eligibility, facilities,
- Admission process etc.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any hostel facilities in Institute of Applied Health Science?
Yes, Institute of Applied Health Science provides hostel facilities to its students with High security standards and ultra-modern infrastructure. They provide separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
Do we need to appear any entrance exam to get enrolled in?
Even after qualifying NEET you have to appear Admission test in order to get admission.
Is Institute of Applied Health Scienceapproved by MCI?
Yes, MCI approved it so, the students of Institute of Applied Health Science can apply to practice in India.
How are the professors and staffs of Institute of Applied Health Science ?
Professors and staffs are very friendly. As written in the above article, this college has best faculties and staffs who guide and help them throughout your study period. They act as a path finder for you.
Is there any provisions of scholarships?
Yes, in the Institute of Applied Health Science has provision for scholarship programs. They help both national and international unprivileged students.