It has become a trend among Gen Y to go study abroad. To explore the world before they settle
down and get all responsible. Today’s millennial is more aware than any generations in the
past and with awareness come options in every
part of their life. Nowadays there are many options available when it comes to pursuing
higher education especially abroad. They are not satisfied with spending their whole life in
the same country hence studying with exploring
has become a new trend in the educational part of life too.
Bangladesh is one of the countries where students from India, China, and Nepal
among other countries come to study medical science. MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College
dhaka is not only affordable but also comes with several benefits. Such as
- Affordable, low-cost tuition fee which usually covers accommodation and food.
- MBBS in Bangladesh Medical Colleges is approved and recognized by several
organizations i.e., NMC, WHO, etc.
- Students are given many opportunities to attend various seminars, conferences, and
- Culture, climate, and food between India and Bangladesh are a little similar making
Indian students in Bangladesh feel closer to home.
- Many don’t realize but most high scores in FMGE [Foreign Medical Graduate Exam], the
MCOISC [Medical Council of India Screening Test] conducted by NBE, and observed by
NMC come from students of MBBS
- There are more opportunities for Indian medical students as 25% of seats are
reserved for non-native students.
- For SAARC students, there is no tuition fee, so no need to pay for studying MBBS in
Bangladesh, only the living cost.
- For those who are not under SAARC provision, they pay around 3000USD [hostel
included] as tuition fee for MBBS
- There is no ulterior donation for any international or native student to study MBBS
- With degrees that are globally recognized and practical training by industry
experts, medical students of Bangladesh have better credibility and career
MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College – Quick Overview
Bangladesh Medical College Fees Structure 2023-2024
- $1 = Rs.80(it may vary)
- Mentioned fee are approximate and it may change as per the change in currency
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College Admission
- It is compulsory to qualify NEET to Study
MBBS in Bangladesh.
- The student must have qualified an examination like HS/’A’ level or any equivalent exam
to become eligible for MBBS admission.
- The student should not have passed the Class 10th/ SSC/ ‘O’ level examination before
- The student should not have passed pass 12th/ HSC/ “O” Level examination before 2019.
- The minimum aggregate GPA that the student has to secure in Class 10th/ SSC/ ‘O’ level
or equivalent examination is 7.
- The minimum GPA in SSC or any equivalent examination and HSC or equivalent examination
- The minimum GP that you need to secure in Biology of 12th level is 3.5.
- To calculate the GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level examination or any
equivalent examination, the top 5 marks in the subjects are calculated. The GPA in ‘O’
level – calculated as- Total marks in all top 5 subjects
divided by 5.
- To calculate the GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level examination or any
equivalent examination, the top 3 marks in the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and
Biology) are calculated. The GPA in ‘A’ level - calculated
as - Total marks in all top 3 subjects divided by 3.
- The student cannot have more than a 1-year gap after 12th class. It means that the
student should have completed their 12th examination in 2019 or after that.
MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College Admission Process
- Attesting of class 10- & 12-marks sheets, pass certificate [if issued], and Admit cards
from Bangladesh High Commission, Delhi.
- Then send the attested documents to the respective medical college you are applying for.
- Pay to book seats and insurance.
- After the issue of the offer letter, you need to apply for an Equivalence certificate
from DGHS, submit an application and attested marks sheets in Bangladesh Deputy High
Commission, Kolkata along with $60 payment for DGHS
approval [needed to be applied within the dead line as pre the announcement by the
- An Equivalent certificate from DGHS Bangladesh will be issued in Bangladesh and the
respective college will issue a confirmed admission letter.
- Pay the remaining (balance) payment of 1st year to the college.
- apply for a student visa with the following documents:
- Class 10 & 12-Admit card, mark sheet & certificate.
- Admission letter & Equivalence Certificate.
- TT copy [college fees transfer].
- Birth certificate
- 2 copies of passport size photo.
- Original Passport
- Then you need to report to the college before the deadline.
MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College FAQ
Courses offered in MBBS in Bangladesh.
- General Medicine
Does the student get paid internships after completing MBBS in
In most universities internships are paid which is beneficial for the medical
students given as the beginning of their career.
Is NEET required for perusing MBBS in Bangladesh?
Yes, to secure a seat in MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College you need the minimum
Is the quality of MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College up to standard?
While the curriculum of MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College remains similar to
India, they have better infrastructure facilities and more exposure to practical
Is there any scholarship available for international students who
want to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh?
Yes, there are scholarships available for international students coming from
SAARC countries. After getting through the eligibility criteria selected
students are granted scholarships in 3000 Bangladeshi Taka.
What is the average cost for a degree in MBBS in Bangladesh?
MBBS fees vary from college to college but the average fee is US$36000 (INR 25
Lac) up to US$48000 (INR 32 Lac).
What are the top 5 colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh?
Following are the top 5 colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College ranking
- Dhaka National Medical College.
- Bangladesh Medical College.
- Monno Medical College.
- Community-Based Medical College.
- Southern Medical College.
- Eastern Medical College.