About Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine is an eminent Public Medical College located in Aswan, Egypt. It was established in 2012. It is acknowledged as one of the best Medical Colleges in Egypt. Formally it was known as the Aswan branch of the South Valley University.
Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine is officially managed by Prof. Mohamed Zaki elDahshorey, Dean of Medicine Faculty led a dynamic team of excellent academic staff and amazing students which comprises about 395 graduates and 847 undergraduates.
Actually, the Aswan University branch was established in 1976 as a branch of Assiut University but in the correct sense, it gained true recognition as University in 2012. It made many developments and became an independent university with a full range of academic specialties in areas of Medicine, Science, Agriculture, Education, Arts, Fine arts, etc. The faculty of Medicine is one of the most established sectors of the University.
The College is famous for its innovative advances both on a technological and educational basis. It mainly aims about providing holistic education by incorporating advanced teaching techniques, modern and innovative activities, and giving opportunities to represent College in various national and international scientific forums with excellent professors which expose them to a new world. It gives an inspiring and knowledgeable platform to its students.
Affiliation and Recognition of Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
- Affiliated by Assiut University
- Affiliated by Ministry of Higher Education, Egypt
- Courses are approved by UGC
- NMC, MCI and WHO recognized the College
Why Study MBBS at Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
Some of the reasons of pursuing MBBS at Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine are listed below:
- Minimal package- Though it’s a top-class College it still doesn’t ask for ransom fees. It fit in the pocket of the middle and lower class.
- Quality education- Provide holistic education to students helping them excel in every sphere. Besides, the highly qualified professors guide them to learn every aspect of their degree and career in both theoretical and practical ways. It gives extra foreign exposure to planning up an international medical career.
- College is equipped with advanced technology with top-notch facilities like exemplary laboratories, spacious classrooms, departmental museums, library, reading rooms, research rooms, cafeterias, sports complexes, etc.
- It encourages teamwork culture, medical research, and guide through different score like extensive lectures, group projects, practical field workshops, eminent alumni meets, etc.
- In addition to this, they provide practical knowledge and guidance from an early stage. So, the experience earned from these practices proves to be helpful for the future in advancing my career.
- It provides different types of education in medicine and helps in the specialization as well as research work.
- Excellent spacious campus, chances to join different clubs, cultural activities, sports, and extracurricular activities.
- Maintains good decorum and order with regard to hostels and sanitation facilities. (Separate are available for boys and girls)
- Overall, the college offers medical education, medical research, and health care facilities. It offers a four and half years course of MBBS study degree with a year of internship after graduation.
- The medium of education is English so, it becomes quite easier for students to adapt and grasp studies efficiently.
Quick highlights about Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
Advantages of MBBS at Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
- The fees of the college is low when compared with the Indian Private Medical College.
- The curriculum syllabus is designed fully based on the all-round development of a student.
- Have highly professional Medical staff with modern amenities.
- The theoretical teaching is complemented by value-based studies, practical field workshops, case-based learnings, and guided research works.
- Students studying here develop a high level of medical skills with regard to research techniques and Methodology.
- Moreover, they gain the ability to apply their knowledge inappropriate way when it comes to medical practices.
- Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine provides students foreign exposure helping them to build their careers at the International level.
- It exposes the practical world early on. They treat people under proper guidance and gain experience side by side with their studies.
Duration Of MBBS In Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
It takes full 5 years + 2years to complete graduation in Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine, Egypt. The duration of study is divided into two parts:-
- 5 years – graduation classroom study ( theoretical and research-based )
- 2 years – Internship ( Practical and experience-based)
Internship is a prerequisite factor for applying for the practice in any country especially in India.
Faculties of Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
- Academic campus of the college is spacious and has well-acknowledged departments that make it unique.
- Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine provides Top-notch facilities like spacious classrooms, research centers, departmental museums, library, reading rooms, cafeteria, sports complexes, etc.
- To furnish a clear understanding of students they have well-equipped classes, advanced laboratories, and exemplary research centers. Moreover, It has seven-storied buildings for library purposes.
- In addition to this, It has a full-time faculty system, excellent professors, and friendly staff.
- To eradicate the problem of the language barrier, the College system is solely based on English as their primary language.
- Free Wi-Fi for 24 hours.
- The college has a good administrative system.
- Sanitation and hygiene are specially taken care of.
- It has an excellent hostel system – separate for both boys and girls.
- Indian foods are served to students. So, Indian get adapted pretty quickly
- Anti-ragging environment.
- They have full air-conditioned seminar halls, lecture halls, debate and conference halls.
- Digital smart classrooms with informative websites
- Many scholarship programs are held to help unprivileged students.
- There are several departments like
- Histology (histology and cell biology)
- Medical physiology (physiology)
- Of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Pathology (pathology)
- Pharmacology medical
Aswan University Faculty of Medicine Fees Structure 2022-23
Aswan University Faculty of Medicine ranking
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
Admission Test is conducted by Director General of Health Services centrally and it is supervised strictly.
Some major highlights are:-
- The students seeking to apply should be 17 years of age or above by 31st July and less than 25 years old.
- Students should have cleared 10th and 12th securing marks more than 70% or 7 GPA
- Qualifying NEET exam is an essential criterion for admission.
- Applicants have to go under gross medical examination as students having physical, mental, and refractory disorders can’t be admitted.
Aswan University Faculty of Medicine Admission Process
- Step 1: To get to Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine, a student must have appeared NEET exam.
- Step 2: Students securing 50 % of marks in all 3 subjects in NEET are prerequisite
- Step 3: Subjects prerequisite to get into Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine are BIOLOGY, PHYSICS, and CHEMISTRY.
- Step 4: If students meet all the criteria of admission, then they can apply for admission directly on their website:-
- Step 5: To apply for application, first, register it the website with your details for starting the admission process.
- Step 6: After documents get verified and approved, an admission letter will be emailed within 7 days, and submit original documents within 15 days.
- Step 7: An approval letter gets issued from Ministry and an invitation letter from the university with an accommodation letter.
- After following these procedures, they must deposit tuition fees to Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine’s bank account to complete the whole admission process.
Document Required For Aswan University Faculty of Medicine Admission
- Birth Certificate
- NEET report card
- Photocopies of the documents should be attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- Photocopy of valid passport ( passports within 3 months of validation)
- Health certificate
- Passport size photos
- High School completion board certificate
- 12th class completion board certificate
- Invitation letter
Syllabus of MBBS in Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
Hostel And Accommodation At Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
Hostel and Accommodation at Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine
Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine have an exemplary Hostel with proper sanitation and hygiene. There are hostels exclusively for girls. The hostel is guided under strict supervision for ensuring the safety of students. Some other features are:-
- Located in Urban areas so, the quite good transportation system is available
- High-security standard
- Reading Rooms, in hostel libraries
- Cafeteria – it provides Indian foods as a large number of Indians study there.
- The hostel offers a choice between single occupancy or sharing.
- It provides a good study surrounding
- Wi-Fi facilities with 24 hours electricity and internet broadband.
- The cost of living in Egypt is quite low so, the hostel fees fit in the pocket.
- Equipped with modern amenities and ultra-modern infrastructure for accommodation.
- Internet, laundry, college canteen, Mess at each block, and other basic things are available.
- 24-hour hospital, police, total security, water supply, etc. Services
- Have high security in case of any natural calamity or any other problems like fire safety for fire
- A better decorum and a Hygienic environment with good sanitary systems are its specialties.
- Provide other facilities like library, research labs, sports complexes, extracurricular centers
Living Cost at Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
The table below shows the cost of living in Cagayan De Oro However, it may vary from student to student according to their lifestyle and necessities –
Why MBBS in Egypt?
- Egypt is a hotspot for medical students. It attracts thousands and thousands of students
- Egypt offers a wide range of varieties in Medical College with low fees.
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate is very high which is needed in India for practice.
- English is the official language of colleges so, there is no need to learn any other language.
- The Cost of Living in Egypt is quite affordable.
- Egypt Medical colleges believe in holistic education and are acknowledged for their
- Egypt's Government made many scholarship programs to help the needy student
to complete their MBBS degree.
- Safe and peaceful atmosphere with a learning environment.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Egypt
- It is easy to apply for admission in Egypt
- Minimal package
- Colleges give foreign exposure which acts as an excellent foundation in career
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate very high which is needed in India for medical practice.
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge make an excellent student, as well as a doctor.
- Egypt Medical colleges, believe in holistic education and are acknowledged for their quality
- Many of the Egypt Medical colleges provide direct admission without sitting for
the Entrance exam
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Aswan University Faculty of Medicine
- RMC Educational Service Centre co-ordinately assists students from starting with filling of
application form to the admission process completely get over.
- During the Admission process, we provide the utmost help to make your journey
- We assist students in every step by providing instruction and guidance.
- We help students to get students’ loans and insurance.
- We inform students about the topics related to Medical College like eligibility, facilities,
Admission process, etc.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any hostel facilities in Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine?
Yes, Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine provides hostel facilities to its students with High-security standards and ultra-modern infrastructure. They provide separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
Do we need to appear for any entrance exam to get enrolled?
Even after qualifying NEET you have to appear Admission test in order to get admission.
Is Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine approved by MCI?
Yes, MCI approved it so, the students of Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine can apply to practice in India.
How are the professors and staffs of Aswan University- Faculty of Medicine?
Professors and staffs are very friendly. As written in the above article, this college has the best faculties and staffs who guide and help them throughout your study period. They act as a pathfinder for you.
Are there any provisions for scholarships?
Yes, in the Aswan University- the Faculty of Medicine has provision for scholarship programs. They help both national and international unprivileged students.