Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College is an eminent Government or Public Medical College located in Noakhali, Bangladesh. It was established in 2008 and formally known as Noakhali Medical College. It is acknowledged as one of the best Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.With the motto of ‘Learn to Serve’ , Principal Abdus Salman led a dynamic team of excellent professors and staff. Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) is recognised by MBBS degree colleges and affiliated by Chittagong Medical University . In addition, the courses are approved by UGC and the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
The college is running a 250 bedded hospital. It Mainly aims at providing holistic education by incorporating advanced teaching techniques, modern and innovative activities and giving opportunities to represent College in various national and international scientific forums with excellent professors which expose them to a new world. It gives aninspirable and knowledgeable platform to its students. The campus is shared by the Medical institute and Nursing College.
Affiliation and Recognition of Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
- Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College is affiliated by Chittagong Medical University
- Courses are approved by UGC
- It is recognized under MCI and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- Permission by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- NMC, MCI and WHO recognized the College
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
Why Study MBBS at Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Candidates will get the following advantages of studying medicine program at Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College: -
- Minimal package- Though it’s a top class College but it still doesn't ask for ransom fees. It fits in the pocket of the middle and lower class.
- Quality education- Provide holistic education that excels students in every sphere. Besides, qualified professors guide them to learn in both theoretical and practical ways. It gives an international medical career exposure.
- College is equipped with advanced technology with top notch facilities like an exemplary laboratory, spacious classrooms, departmental museums, library, reading rooms, research rooms, cafeterias, sports complexes etc.
- It encourages teamwork culture, medical research and guides through different scores like extensive lectures, group projects, practical field workshops, eminent alumni meets etc.
- In addition to this ,they provide practical knowledge and guidance from an early stage. So, the experience earned from these practises proves to be helpful for the future in advancing the career.
- It provides different types of education in medicine and helps in specialisation as well as research work.
- Excellent specious campus, chances to join different clubs, cultural activities, sports and extracurricular activities.
- Maintains a good decorum and order with regard to hostels and sanitation facilities. (Separate hostels for boys and girls)
- Overall, the college offers medical education, medical research and health care facilities. It offers a four and half year course of MBBS study degree with a year of internship after graduation.
- Perks of neighbouring countries- Language, way of living ,customs etc. are quite the same as India. Climate conditions are quite similar so it becomes easy for students to get settledown.In addition, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
- Teaching medium is English, so it is quite easy to grasp studies efficiently.
Quick highlights about Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Advantages of MBBS in Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Consider the following benefits of enrolling in Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
for your MBBS education:
- The fees of the college is low when compared with the Indian Private Medical College.
- The curriculum syllabus designed by Abdul MalekUkil Medical College is fully based on all round development of a student.
- Professional Medical staff as well as modern amenities.
- Stress upon theoretical studies with value-based studies. Moreover, conduct guided research works.
- Organise practical field workshops and case-based learnings regularly.
- Students studying here develop a high level of medical skills, enhance research techniques and Methodology skills.
- Moreover, they are taught on a practical basis to help them gain the ability to apply their medical knowledge in an appropriate way.
- Abdul MalekUkil Medical College provides students foreign exposure helping them to build their careers at International level.
- They get a chance to apply their studies early on. They help to treat people under proper guidance
- Gain Medical experience side by side with their studies.
Duration of Study in Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
It takes 6 years to complete graduation in Abdul MalekUkil Medical College, Bangladesh. The duration of study is parted into two categories :-
- 5 years – classroom study ( theoretical and research based )
- 1 year –Internship ( Practical and experience based)
For obtaining registration from BMDC to practise Medicine, Internship is a prerequisite factor.
Faculties of Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
- Facilities of General Medicine.
- Academic campus of the college has spacious and well acknowledged departments that make it unique .
- Abdul MalekUkil Medical College provides Top notch facilities like spacious classrooms , research centres, departmental museums ,library , reading rooms,cafeteria,sports complexes etc.
- To furnish the clear understanding of students they have well equipped classes , advanced laboratories and exemplary research centres.
- In addition to this, It has a full time faculty system, excellent professors and friendly staff.
- To eradicate the problem of language barrier, College system is solely based on English as their primary language.
- College has a good administrative system.
- Sanitation and hygiene are specially taken care of .
- It has an excellent hostel system – separate for both boys and girls .
- Indian foods are served to students. So, Indian get adapted pretty quickly
- Anti-ragging environment.
- They have full air conditioned seminar halls, lecture halls, debate and conference halls.
- Digital smart classrooms with informative websites
- Many scholarship programs are held to help unprivileged students.
Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Fees Structure 2023-24
Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Admission Test Is conducted by Director General of Health Services centrally and it is supervised strictly.
Some major highlights are:-
- The students seeking to apply should be 17 years or above by 31st July yet less than 25 years old.
- Students should have cleared 10th and 12th securing marks more than 60% or 7 GPA.
- Qualifying the NEET exam is an essential criteria for admission.
- Applicants have to go through medical examinations to diagnose their medical condition before getting them admitted. This is because the students having physical, mental and refractory disorders are considered not eligible for admission.
Admission Process of Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1: To get into Abdul MalekUkil Medical College , a student must have appeared for the NEET exam.
- Step 2: Students securing 60 % of marks in all 3 subjects in NEET is prerequisite
- Step 3: Subjects prerequisite to get into Abdul MalekUkil Medical College are BIOLOGY, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY.
- If students meet all the criteria of admission, then they can apply for admission directly in their website:-
- Download ‘MBBS Admission forms from website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry and fill with your medical choices.
- You have to pay $60(subject to change) in a bank of your country in favour of DGHS to get the receipt.
- Submit the documents, receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy for grade equivalency and permission from Bangladesh.
- Send the required documents to issue a provisional letter for seat booking.
- After receiving a permission letter and grade equivalency certificate, you can proceed with admission.
- The application goes through a strict evaluation under the Director General of Health Services.
- DGHS arranges an admission test called Chittagong Medical University Entrance exam and based on this merit students get a chance to get admission.
- A waiting list was also published. If any seat remains vacant after the admission deadline then, waiting list students can go for admission .
Documents required for admission at Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
- Birth Certificate
- NEET report card
- Photocopies of the documents with permission of the foreign ministry of your country.
- Photocopy of valid passport ( passports within 3 months of validation)
- Health certificate
- Passport size photos ( 2 recently clicked photos )
- High School completion board certificate
- 12th class completion board certificate
- Invitation letter
MBBS syllabus of Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
Abdul MalekUkil Medical College has an exemplary Hostel with proper sanitation and hygiene. There are hostels exclusively for girls. Strict supervision is ensured in the hostel for the safety of students. Some other features are :-
- Located in Urban areas so, quite good transportation system is available
- High security standard
- Reading Rooms , in hostel libraries
- Kitchen and TV are also available.
- Cafeteria – serves Indian foods due to large population of Indian students
- Hostel offers choice between single occupancy or sharing.
- It provides a good study surrounding
- Wi-Fi facilities, 24 hours electricity as well as internet broadband.
- Living Cost in Bangladesh is minimal, so the hostel fees are mostly affordable for each category of student.
- Embedded with modern amenities
- ultra modern infrastructure
- Internet, laundry, canteen, mess and other basic facilities.
- 24 hour important Services
- Provide other facilities like library, research labs, sports complexes, extracurricular centres
The low cost of living is a significant benefit for international students who choose to study in Bangladesh. The entire cost of lodging, whether on-campus or off-campus, is quite low. While the real cost of living will vary depending on where you live and your lifestyle, students will be relieved to learn that Dhaka is one of the least costly cities in the world to live in. A monthly budget of US$300 will provide most students with a pretty comfortable existence in Bangladesh.
Your food and housekeeping costs are projected to be between $150 and 225 USD. This is based on (US$5-7.50) per day for three meals. Naturally, if you prepare and divide the costs with your buddies, it will be less expensive. Local foods such as rice and noodles cost between (US$0.5-2.50) at food booths or coffee cafes. Dinner in a mid-range restaurant will cost between US$2.5 and $5.
Laundry and clothing
Laundry charges such as washing and drying at a self-service laundromat cost roughly US$ 1 per time. Clothing costs vary depending on your preferences and how frequently you buy new outfits.
Students who live on or near campus may not have to travel to and from classes. Other types of travel, on the other hand, may cost around (US$ 10-20) each month.
Bangladesh's mobile phone packages are quite competitive. The amount you spend will be determined by your use and the promotional package you select. The average student may spend between $3.50 and $10.50 each month.
Books, reading materials, and stationery
The expected cost of books and stationery every semester should be approximately (US$12.50-25), although this can vary greatly depending on the course you have signed up for as well as the quantity and character of projects in your system.
Your monthly personal costs are primarily determined by your lifestyle. The cost, however, is projected to be between (US$25) and (US$50).
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is a hotspot for medical students. It attracts thousands and thousands of students every year.
- Bangladesh offers a wide range of varieties in Medical College with low fees.
- Passing rate of FMGE is quite high. This MCI Screening Test exam is a requisite option for Indians to practice in India.
- English is prime teaching and communicating language
- Living Cost is Minimal in Bangladesh .
- Bangladesh Medical colleges believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their
- Bangladesh Government issued a lot of scholarship programs for the needy student to help them complete their MBBS degree.
- the neighbouring Country of India- hence, has a lot of things in common.
- Perks of neighbouring countries- Language, way of living ,customs etc. are quite the same as India.
- Serve Indian foods and people are friendly so, it becomes easy to adapt
- Climate conditions are quite similar so it becomes easy for students to settle down.
- In addition, parents can meet frequently (more accessible).
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- Admission process to admit in Bangladesh Medical colleges isn't complicated one.
- Minimal package
- Colleges give foreign exposure which act a excellent foundation in career
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate is very high which is needed in India for medical
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge make a excellent student as well as doctor
- Bangladesh Medical colleges believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their quality teaching.
- Many of the Bangladesh Medical colleges provide direct admission without sitting for
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College
- RMC Educational Service Centre coordinately assist students from starting with filling of
the application form to the admission process completely gets over.
- During Admission process , we provide utmost help to make your journey
- We assist students in every step by providing instruction and guidance.
- We help students to get students’ loans and insurances .
- We inform students about the topics related to Medical College like eligibility, facilities,
Admission process etc.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there any hostel facilities in Abdul MalekUkil Medical College ?
Yes, Abdul MalekUkil Medical College provides hostel facilities to its students with High security standards and ultra-modern infrastructure. They provide separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
Do we need to appear in any entrance exam to get enrolled in?
Even after qualifying NEET you have to appear for the Admission test in order to get admission.
Is Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College approved by MCI?
Yes, MCI approved it, so the students of Abdul MalekUkil Medical College can apply to practice in India.
How are the professors and staff of Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College ?
Professors and staff are very friendly. As written in the above article, this college has the best faculties and staff who guide and help them throughout their study period. They act as a path finder for you.
Are there any provisions for scholarships?
Yes, the Abdul Malek Ukil Medical College has provision for scholarship programs. They help both national and international unprivileged students.