Poznan Medical University is the 95 years old university of medical science in Poland providing excellent academic excellence and dynamic growth for medical students. The university is one of the leading medical school in Poland recognized as the largest educational, clinical and research center in Poland.
Poznan Medical University conducts ongoing research and clinical teaching in partnership with 6 clinical hospitals. Around 8000 students including 1000 international students are enrolled for a medical course at the university. The university has joint research and participation in international programs, research projects, scientific conferences through student and faculty exchange programs. Every year university invests upgrading teaching methodology which is reflected in the advancements in their medical laboratory advances.
Poznan Medical University course:
MBBS Course Duration The medicine program duration offered by Poznan Medical University is of 6 years:
Poznan Medical University offers 6 years of MBBS course duration. Students get theoretical as well as the practical aspect of knowledge. The medical classes are taught in the English Language. Traditional and problem-based learning (PBL) offered by experienced faculty members are PhD’s and involved in research and teaching.The candidates need to complete the year of mandatory internship.
Admission Process in Poznan University Of Medical Sciences:
Carry Out the MBBS course admission process mentioned below in a stepwise manner:
- Step 1: All documents must be in English or with a certified translation to English.
- Step 2: Applicants must complete the application for on the official website of the university.
- Step 3: Attach the important document in English or with a certified translation to English with the application form (digitally scanned copies)
- Step 4: The candidate will get an offer letter from the university.
- Step 5: Pay the rest year MBBS course fee.
- Step 6: Apply for visa procedure to get a valid passport.
Documents Required in Poznan University of Medical Sciences:
- The candidate must submit the completed online application form.
- The candidate must submit a valid passport copy.
- Carry 10+2-mark sheet certificate for MBBS admission.
- Internationally accepted English Language Certificate with B2 grade if available.
- Submit the NEET-UG examination scores required for MBBS course admission.
- The candidates must carry recent 3 Passport size photos (Please print your name on the back).
- The candidate must submit the transfer certificate from the previous institution. The birth certificate should be submitted during admission.
- The candidates must submit caste certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates). Candidates should submit the medical report at the university.
- COVID-19 test reports are important to document to carry for admission.
- Submit the migration certificate for admission.
- Non-refundable interview fee of $250 payable by US check or money order. (Canadian checks must have US Co-Bank listed on the check.).
- Ofcial Transcripts received directly from your University, High School, or Secondary School.
- Candidates should submit two Letters of Recommendation from Science Faculty for the 4 Year MD Program and all other programs require 1 letter from Science Faculty and 1 letter from any other teacher or counsellor.
- Candidates should submit Poznan University Health Certificate (Completed by your Physician).
- Candidates must submit the standardized test scores (MCAT, ACT, SAT, or DAT).
- Candidates must submit an Immunization or Vaccination Record including Hepatitis B.
- Candidates can submit a diploma certificate if the degree is not completed (Original diploma or a copy certified by Notary Public).
- Submit the document for Proof of health insurance valid in Poland (EHIC for EU citizens).
- The candidates must submit the proof of English language pruriency (unless the candidate has completed a secondary or post
Eligibility Criteria of Poznan University of Medical Sciences:
- The candidates should complete the age of 17 years on or before the 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidates must secure at least 50% marks in subjects in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2 standard.
- Candidates belonging to the category of SC/ST/OBC must secure at least 45%. Indian candidates must clear NEET examination.
- The candidates must pass Secondary school degree or equivalent credentials with high scores from a recognised board.
- Candidates must possess excellent knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and a high level of English pruriency.
- Candidates must give entrance exams in biology, chemistry, physics and personal interview.
- The international students must carry a valid passport
Advantages of Poznan University Of Medical Sciences:
Everyone should know the multifaceted advantages to study MBBS at Poznan Medical University: Now Why Study MBBS at Poznan Medical University?
- Poznan Medical University provides a high standard of the education system at a reasonable price to the students willing to pursue MBBS education
- Poznan Medical University is officially approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) & World Health Organization (WHO).
- Poznan Medical University offers international exposure due to the students coming from different countries.
- Poznan Medical University has a developed and organised infrastructure equipped with all modern facilities like laboratories, classrooms, computer labs, Auditorium library rooms for international students.
- The university canteen provides Indian, veg and non-veg fresh and healthy food to the students.
- The Poznan Medical University gives a convenient hostel equipped with the latest amenities on the university campus.
- Poznan Medical University provides English teaching to the students during medical education.
- Poznan Medical University currently has 1000 international students from over 50 countries, 12 international student organizations include national and interest groups, Research Association, Residential Advisors, plus numerous smaller clubs.
Hostels in Poznan University of Medical Sciences:
- The dormitories are at some walkable distance from University hospital, sports facilities, library.
- It is supported by English language resident advisor team which is made up of student volunteers.
- The students coming to study MBBS have guaranteed spots in double rooms. All of the dormitories close to Poznan downtown include a cafeteria, laundry facilities, internet access, study rooms and social rooms, parking, etc.
- The dormitories have a high class of protection round the clock. Separate for boys and girls present on different doors.
- The mess provides healthy and fresh food for students.
- All basic amenities are provided in the hostel including beddings, cupboard, table and fan etc.
- A common kitchen is available for students to cook their food of choice.
- Laundry rooms, study room, storeroom and gymnasium are available in the hostel. A room with washing machines is provided.
- The building has a common relaxation area.
- Internet connection is available round the clock in hostel premises.
Do you use a rolling admission policy? Is my chance of being accepted lower, if I decide to take my interview late?
Yes. Under rolling admission, candidates are invited to submit their applications to the university anytime within a large window. The window is usually over six months long, and some schools do not have a previously specified end date (the window simply closes when all spots are filled). The university will then review the application and notify the applicant of their decision within a few weeks from submission.
Does PUMS accept transfer students from other Universities? What are the requirements?
Unfortunately, PUMS does not accept transfers from other Universities.
What is a difference between Advanced MD and 6-year MD program offered by PUMS?
AdvMD program is accessible for university/college graduates (at least B. Sc. degree holders, majoring in natural sciences or pre-med) 6-year MD program is available for high school graduates.
I would like to apply for AdvMD program. I took one of standardized medical admission tests required by PUMS and its result meets PUMS requirement on a minimal score. Do I need to take the written test administered by the University?
Yes, all candidates are required to sit written quiz and take the interview with School representatives. Both parts are compulsory.
After training in Poznan, does your Adv MD program give students eligibility to practice in Europe, as well as the United States, after graduation?
Yes, but please be aware that the studies undertaken by the student at PUMS end with obtaining the degree of ‘Lekarz’ (Medical Doctor). The license to practice the profession of Medical Doctor is governed by commonly abiding regulations and graduation from the University does not automatically implement the right to practice the profession as every country has different regulations and prerequisites in terms of practice Medicine.
My student ID card is damaged. What should I do?
If your student ID card no longer works or has been damaged beyond reasonable use, or if you have changed your personal details (in terms of the information displayed on the card), you should report it to the Dean’s Office and request in writing for a duplicate of ID card. Fee for the new ID card is 17 PLN. The fee should be paid into your individual subaccount number and you are required to deliver receipt of payment to the Dean’s Office. Please make sure to bring your existing card with you.
My student ID card has been stolen. What should I do?
You should report it to the Dean’s Office and request in writing for a new ID card. You have to pay 25 PLN fee for a duplicate. The fee should be paid into your individual subaccount number. Please bring receipt of payment to the Dean’s Office.
When is the payment deadline for tuition?
1st installment of tuition fee should be paid by Sept. 30 and the 2nd installment by Feb. 15
How can I get the dorm deposit back?
First of all you should decide how you want to get it back: in cash or by a wire transfer. If you prefer a wire transfer you should provide us with your bank information: the name of the bank, address of the bank, account number and swift code or routing number and send it to the bursary office via e-mail.
Why I am charged statutory interest rates if I have sent the money on Sept. 30?
You are charged statutory interest rates because PUMS received the money after the deadline
What should I do to extend my payment deadline?
You should write a letter to the President Grzeskowiak and send it to the bursary office via e-mail. You should write in this letter why you can’t pay your fees on time.
Can I pay the 1st installment of tuition fee in PLN and the 2nd one in USD?
Tuition fee should be paid in PLN. For students paying their fees in a currency different from PLN, the amount will be calculated into PLN in accordance with the exchange rate of the University bank
I have been rejected from the list of PUMS students due to failure to complete 1st year of studies. I’ve missed just Anatomy course. I would like to continue my further education back home and I’m wondering if I can get tuition refund for the first year?
Refund of tuition fee is applicable only to students who resign from studies on a specific condition described in the Agreement between PUMS and student, not to the students who are removed from the list of students due to failure to meet requirements.