Lithuania is a world-class country of northeastern Europe offering top-class medical education
accredited by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Medical Council of India (MCI). Medical
students after studying MBBS in Lithuania become eligible to apply for USMLE or PLAB exams for
practicing MBBS abroad. Medical universities offering MBBS in Lithuania have been listed among the
top 500 medical universities of the world and lithuania medical college of Lithuania are acclaimed
globally. MBBS in Lithuania is recognized and approved by MCI, NMC, PMDC, and BMDC curriculum. The
second-largest university in Lithuania namely the Lithuanian University of Health situated at
Kaunas offers medical courses in medicine, dentistry, and pharmacology.
A glance at Lithuania
A northeastern European country, Lithuania is one of the largest Baltic States in southern Europe.
Climatic conditions of Lithuania are transitional and continental. The average temperature of
Lithuania goes down up to -5 degree C and goes high up to 17 degree C. Belarus, Poland, Russia, and
Latvia are neighboring countries of Lithuania. The national language of Lithuania is Lithuanian.
Apart from this, common languages used in Lithuania are English and Russian. The economic status
and welfare of Lithuania are poised by the high level of development which is recognition of the
Republic of Lithuania. Lithuania has highly diversified landforms such as landscape, flatlands,
abundant forests, lakes, marshes, and seaside beaches. Major tourist attractions in Lithuania are
places like Palanga, Druskininkai, and Neringa.
Reasons to study MBBS in Lithuania
- Lithuanian Medical Universities offering MBBS in Lithuania provides high-quality education to
- MBBS in Lithuania is affordable as Lithuania mbbs fee structure are quite low than in other
- Universities offering MBBS in Lithuania provides a comfortable and sound learning environment
- Students applying for admission in medical schools of Lithuania get a primary chance to take
admission as there are two intakes for MBBS admission in Lithuania.
- Medical degree acquired after completing MBBS in Lithuania is accepted globally as medical
universities of Lithuania are approved and recognized by various international organizations.
- For MBBS in Lithuania, an applicant is not required to appear for any entrance or IELTS exams.
- Medical universities of Lithuania have affiliated hospitals to impart practical knowledge to
medical students and to provide them with internship experience for future works.
- Lithuania is a country whose visa allows you to travel 20+ countries with one visa only.
- The medium of instruction used in Lithuania medical schools is English which is understandable
by international as well as local students.
- After completing MBBS in Lithuania, a student becomes eligible for exams such as MCI, USML,
- Lithuania medical school ranking is among the top 500 universities in the world as per the
World Health Organization’s Directory of World Medical School.
- The cost of living for pursuing MBBS in Lithuania is quite low.
Benefits of pursuing MBBS in Lithuania
- Lithuania medical schools have high-quality educational facilities for students.
- Medical schools in Lithuania have developed modern infrastructure.
- Medical universities of Lithuania have academic buildings attached with hostel buildings for
- Students studying MBBS in Lithuania get the opportunity to gain knowledge from well-qualified
and highly-skilled professors.
- Medical universities in Lithuania have well-equipped laboratories for experiments.
- Universities of Lithuania have enormous libraries with a collection of various textbooks,
reference books, journals, editorials, encyclopedias, and other non-fiction novels to enrich the
knowledge of students.
- While studying MBBS in Lithuania, students get vast exposure to technology and an advanced
level of quality knowledge.
- Lithuania medical schools offer admission from all parts of the world that creates a
- Medical universities of Lithuania provide airport pickup, travel arrangements, accommodation,
and international bank account opening facilities to international students while admission.
- The Visa process of Lithuania is simpler than the visa process of other countries.
- Medical universities in Lithuania offer on-campus MCI training.
- Hospitals affiliated with universities offer training and internship with advanced equipment.
- Universities of Lithuania offer great career opportunities.
Accommodation facilities at medical schools of Lithuania
- Lithuania medical school hostel facilities are amazing at affordable prices.
- Lithuania medical school hostels have fully furnished rooms with a capacity of 2-3 students
sharing one room.
- Lithuania medical school hostels have an average capacity of accommodating 2000+ students.
- Facilities such as high-speed internet connectivity, bed, TV, AC, heater, cupboard, study
table, electric iron, etc. are provided at Lithuania medical school hostels.
- Multiple varieties of cuisine are offered at Lithuania medical school canteens.
- Food provided at Lithuania medical school hostels’ cafeteria or mess is prepared with proper
care and hygiene.
Top medical universities of Lithuania
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas
- Vilnius University, Vilnius
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Klaipeda University
- Mykolas Romeris University
Lithuania medical school fees and cost of living
- Lithuania medical school fees depend on which university you are applying for admission to.
- Lithuania medical school ranking at top charges high Lithuania medical school fees whereas
Lithuania medical school ranking at slightly lower rank charges low Lithuania medical school
- Lithuania medical school fees reach a maximum of up to INR Rs. 10.5 Lakhs per year whereas
Lithuania medical school fees go minimum till INR Rs. 4 Lakhs per year.
- This implies that Lithuania medical school fees range between INR Rs. 4.5 Lakh per year and
INR Rs. 10.5 Lakh per year.
- Total Lithuania medical school fees for a complete MBBS course range between INR Rs. 22.5
Lakhs and INR Rs. 52.5 Lakhs.
- Lithuania medical school cost of living includes accommodation charges, food charges, and
transport charges which approximately range between INR Rs. 35,800 and INR Rs. 47,000.
MBBS in Lithuania: Course duration
MBBS course duration in Lithuania is of 6 years along with students are offered advanced training
programs conducted by universities of Lithuania.
MBBS in Lithuania: Course curriculum
Subjects included in the curriculum in first 3 years of MBBS course:
- Medical chemistry and physics
- Cytology and parasitology
- Introduction to studies
- Anatomy, Histology, and Embryology
- Professional Language
- Philosophy of Medicine
- Preclinical studies
- Module of nutrient uptake and homeostasis along with respiration
- Human Reproductive Health System and Social Medicine
- Essential of clinical studies
- Fundamentals of Neuroscience
- Elective in medical fundamentals
- Elective in Fundamental philosophy
- Elective in fundamental philosophy
- Elective in Humanitarian subjects
Subjects included in the curriculum in last years of the MBBS course
- Cardiovascular Diseases and Endocrine diseases
- Chest Diseases module
- Allergology and Clinical Immunology
- Hematology and Oncology
- Skin, Sexually Transmitted and Infectious Diseases
- Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology
- Public Health
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology modules
- Digestive System diseases modules
- Children Diseases modules
- Nervous System Diseases modules
- Kidney and Urinary Tract Diseases modules
- Eye, ENT, and Maxillofacial diseases modules
- Geriatrics modules
- Clinical Toxicology
- Family Medicine
- Clinical Practice of Medicine
- Elective specialty subject
- Elective research work
MBBS in Lithuania: Documents required for admission
- 10th certificate and mark sheet
- 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
- NEET scorecard
- English proficiency result (if required)
- Statement of purpose
- Financial Statement
MBBS in Lithuania: Eligibility criteria for admission
- To apply for MBBS in Lithuania, an applicant must complete 10+2 level or equivalent education.
- To be eligible for admission to medical universities of Lithuania, an applicant must have
scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2.
- Applicant must appear for NEET exams to enroll for MBBS in Lithuania.
- The minimum age to apply for admission for MBBS in Lithuania is 17 years.
MBBS in Lithuania: Admission procedure
- To start the admission procedure for MBBS in Lithuania, an applicant must select the program
and fill online application forms along with required documents until July.
- Once the documents are verified, an interview is conducted based on which reports are
- Applications are reviewed by the university and results regarding admission are declared at the
end of the month.
- Once admission is confirmed, an invitation letter is sent to the applicant by the university
- After receiving the invitation letter, the applicant should apply for a visa to the embassy.
- Then applicant should book an appointment, pay the tuition fees for the 1st year and confirm
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the complete duration of the MBBS course in Lithuania?
MBBS in Lithuania is a 6-year long course inclusive of training and internship.
Is it necessary to learn Lithuanian to study MBBS in Lithuania?
No, it is not compulsory to learn Lithuanian to study MBBS in Lithuania as a medium of
language used to teach in Universities is English.
Are medical universities of Lithuania MCI approved?
Yes, the medical universities of Lithuania are approved by the Medical Council of India
What is the average annual cost to study MBBS in Lithuania?
Studying MBBS in Lithuania costs up to INR Rs. 12 Lakh annually.
Is Lithuania a safe place for students?
Yes, Lithuania is the top choice among tourists and is one of the safest places in Europe.