If you are looking to study MBBS abroad, Hungary should be on top of the list. Hungary is a
part of the European Union and is very cost-efficient for those who want to study MBBS. Hungary is
rich in culture and highly affordable. Hungary has high regard for education and due to which they
use technologies that are new and innovative.
Since Hungary comprises of world-renowned universities who provide students with the highest
quality of education, it has a popular choice amongst aspiring Medical students both International
Hungary comprises of some top-tier MBBS universities with well-equipped facilities. MBBS in
Hungary give students the opportunity to study in a world-class infrastructure which complies with
European standards of medical studies. A student who decides to study MBBS in Hungary will get a
degree that is valid throughout the European Union. The relatively low entry requirements and the
affordable tuition fees make Hungary a first choice for many students.
MBBS in Hungary for Indian students is a great option for them. As MBBS in Hungary is more open
to international students, Indian students can have the opportunity to study MBBS in Hungary. There
are several factors to why MBBS in Hungary for Indian Students is a good option.
- Low tuition fees: Studying MBBS in Hungary is economical due to which is it one of the top
choices for MBBS aspirants. The tuition fees range from INR 10, 00,000 to INR 12, 00,000 for
MBBS in Hungary Indian Students.
- Modern Equipment and Infrastructure: MBBS in Hungary universities have the top-notch
infrastructure and advanced technology. This helps them get an unmatched learning experience
- Simple Admission Procedure: There are basic requirements for students who want to pursue MBBS
in Hungary. This includes an entrance exam with multiple choice questions in different subjects
like Chemistry, English, Biology and Medical English coupled with an interview conducted by the
- Affordable: Hungary is an economical country with your daily expenses ranging from INR 40,000
to INR 50,000 per month for MBBS in Hungary Indian Students. This cost is for popular cities and
is lesser for the smaller ones.
- EU Recognized Degree: An MBBS degree received from a university in Hungary is recognized by the
EU which means the student can practice all over Europe. Moreover, the degree is also recognized
by the WHO as well as the Indian Medical council. Hence MBBS in Hungar Indian Students sets up a
career for their bright future abroad.
- Study in English: Studying MBBS in Hungary is a good option for Indian students since most
universities use English as their teaching language. Language aptitude tests like TOEFL and
IELTS are during the admissions for MBBS in Hungary.
There are four top MBBS in Hungary Universities which are ideal for MBBS in Hungary for Indian
students. They are
- Semmelweis University - Semmelweis University is a medical school in Budapest, Hungary founded
in 1769. Its 250 years of tradition and unique focus on health care make it one of the best for
MBBS in Hungary for Indian Students.
- University of Debrecen - The University of Debrecen is a university located in Debrecen,
Hungary. It is the oldest continuously operating institution of higher education in Hungary
(since 1538). The university has a well-established program in the English language for
international students, particularly in the Medical field, which first established education in
English in 1986. There are nearly 6000 international students studying at the university making
it an opportunistic institution for MBBS in Hungary for Indian Students.
- University of Pécs - The University of Pécs is an institution of higher education and is a
really great MBBS in Hungary University. Established in 1376 it is a premiere medical
institution with a rich heritage as it also served as an active hospital during WW1.
Approximately 4000 International students go to study MBBS in Hungary at this University per
- University of Szeged - The University of Szeged is a large research university in Hungary. It
is located in Hungary's third-largest city, Szeged, Hungary and was established in 1972. It is
an excellent place for MBBS in Hungary for Indian students as well as international students
especially for pursuing post graduate studies as this MBBS in Hungary university boasts of
excellent facilities and education in Advanced Biology and Biomedical Sciences.
MBBS in Hungary Admissions
Applying to study MBBS in Hungary for international students, certain admission procedures have to
be followed. As the MBBS in Hungary Universities are quite prominent institutions they may have
various eligibly criteria but quit a similar feature in the admissions processes to study MBBS in
Hungary. So, these admission processes have to be carefully followed and it also pertains to MBBS
in Hungary for Indian Students. To study MBBS in Hungary one must follow these common admissions
- An entrance exam which includes multiple-choice questions in a variety of subjects like
Chemistry, English, Biology and Medical English.
- An interview conducted by the university.
- When it comes to education visas, you will need a D-5 student visa that can be applied for at a
Hungarian embassy taking around 60 days for the process.
MBBS in Hungary Eligibility
MBBS in Hungary Universities may have different eligibility criteria for their applications and
selections. To study MBBS in Hungary and from the best MBBS in Hungary university one has to follow
these MBBS in Hungary eligibility criteria.
Semmelweis University – The MBBS in Hungary eligibility for Semmelweis University are as
- All applicants have to apply through the university’s SEMAPHOR platform. It’s a simple platform
with application form fill up and application fee payment.
- Medical certificate to certify if candidate is physically and mentally fit to study at the MBBS
in Hungary university.
- Academic eligibility in Science stream – with 60 or above marks in Biology, Chemistry and
- A good TOEFL and IELTS score is mandatory for MBBS in Hungary for Indian students.
- The University as like all MBBS in Hungary university have an entrance test with key focus in
Biology, Medical Chemistry, General English, Biomedical English. Each topic test is of 20
minutes each. On successful completion the will, be selected for the interview round.
- Interview round shall take place via video call to see the candidate's personality and
- If everything is up to the mark, candidates will be sent the offer letter for selection.
University of Debrecen - The MBBS in Hungary eligibility for University of Debrecen are as
- Certificate of education (school leaving qualification, high school diploma, document of
graduation or any equivalent; university or college diploma/certificate or any equivalent) with
60 and above in science subjects.
- Certificate or proof of citizenship and/or permanent residence (e.g., passport)
- Short Resume/CV (personal details, educational background, work experience, language skills,
- Medical Certificate - For Candidates with any medical conditions.
- Bank receipt about the transfer of the application fee of 150 USD or 3500 INR (non-refundable).
University of Pécs - The MBBS in Hungary eligibility for University of Pec’s are as follows.
- Have a high school diploma/official transcript of grades from secondary school (or a
provisional certificate proving that you are going to graduate in the application period,
therefore you will be able to submit it only later on, until the time of enrolment at the
latest) with the best possible grades in Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Have B2 level/upper intermediate English knowledge (no language examination certificate is
needed), TOEFL /IELTS for MBBS in Hungary for Indian Students
- Pass the University entrance exam. Which will be in both written and oral form.
- Have eligibility for higher education studies in home country.
University of Szeged - The MBBS in Hungary eligibility for University of Szeged are as
- Applicant has to be at least 18 years old durin8 admission time.
- Academic eligibility in Science stream – with 60 or above marks in Biology, Chemistry and
Mathematics from a recognized High School. College or University equivalent.
- Medical Certificates for candidate health are required.
- 6. Holders of the following degrees can be exempted from sitting for the entrance examination:
- GCE A2 levels
- Students are required to achieve grade A in three natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry,
Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
- GCE AS level grades are not considered to meet university requirements.
- Predicted A2 level grades are considered for conditional acceptance.
- IB Diploma program
- Students are required to achieve a grade 5 in two natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry,
Physics or Mathematics).and English language.
- In your final year, predicted grades of the second semester are considered for conditional
- BSc Degree Programs
- First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural, Biomedical, Life Sciences,
Chemistry, Biology and Physics if studies were pursued in English language.
- After all selection happens, offer letter will be sent to candidates to apply. For MBBS in
Hungary for Indian Students getting a passport and Visas.
MBBS in Hungary Fees Structure
Hungary MBBS Fees are moderate in nature, this is quite helpful for MBBS in Hungary for Indian
Students. Hungary is a foreigner friendly country hence easy accommodation can be found for those
who wish to study MBBS in Hungary. The accommodation costs are quite cheap in Hungary amounting to
40,000 – 50,000 INR for a month in a popular city like Budapest or even in smaller Hungarian
cities. This low cost of living is an appealing feature for many. Other than this each University
is also equipped with its own hostel and accommodation facilities that are also quit average cost.
The tuition and academic fee for 6years MBBS program in each university are as follows.
- Semmelweis University – The MBBS in Hungary fees are – Total Tuition fee = 7528500 INR,
Hostel and misc. Charges = 65000 INR per month
- University of Debrecen - The MBBS in Hungary fees are – Total Tuition fee = 7270380 INR,
Hostel and misc. Charges = 40000 INR month
- University of Szeged - The MBBS in Hungary fees are – Total Tuition fee = 5979780 INR,
Hostel and MIsc Charges = 60000 INR per month
- University of Pécs - The MBBS in Hungary fees are – Total Tuition fee = 6022800 INR,
Hostel and Misc Charges = 45000 INR per month
Scholarships are of course provided for meritorious students who wish to study MBBS in Hungary.
MBBS in Hungary for Indian Students provides quit a more open opportunity as Total tuition fee is
quit less than studying MBBS in India. Financial support is provided for students for students from
a financially weak background like MBBS in Hungary for Indian Students.
All these facts make MBBS for Hungary an excellent choice for Indian students. Those who wish to
study MBBS abroad from one of the best Medical institutions at a low cost MBBS in Hungary is the
Is Hungary good for medicine?
Hungary complies with European standards and medical studies in Hungary are considered to
be of the highest quality ,hence MBBS in Hungary is a very good choice.
IBenefit of studying MBBS in Hungary?
The best benefit of studying MBBS in Hungary is the low cost of living.
Is Hungary good for international students?
Hungary is a little, beautiful country, with a safe and friendly environment. Although it
is not as well-known as other European countries in terms of international studies, in
Hungary, you can study many top-quality Bachelor's or Master's degrees
Where is the best place to study MBBS in Hungary ?
- Semmelwies University
- University of Debreccen
- University of Pecs
- University of Szegerd
Are some of the best Universities to study MBBs in Hungary.
How expensive is MBBS in Hungary ?
MBBS in Hungary costs approximately 70 to 80 lakhs in total in tuition fees. Scholarships
are also available. Comparing it to an MBBS in INDIA, MBBS in Hungary for Indian students
is quit cheap .
How good is an MBBS in Hungary degree?
An MBBS in Hungary degree is not only recognized as a medical degree across all Europe but
it is also acknowledged by the Indian Medical Council.