Studying medicine is a dream for thousands of students who want to pursue their career as a doctor
or nurse. Now days studying medicine from abroad is preferable from a destination like Austria
because it offers a smattering opportunities to start the medical career as a profession. While
choosing your destination for pursuing the degree, choose Austria for MBBS, as it will offer you to
meet new people, new opportunities, environment and a beautiful place to explore.
Austria is a beautiful country with the highest quality of life in the world. The stability of
Austria can be seen by the healthcare facility, culture, food, education system, transportation,
politics, security, crime rate, law and order.
Vienna is situated alongside Germany and recycles 63% of the waste products which makes it
MBBS from Austria offers one of the best facilities, high standard of medical education, beautiful
dwellings, affordable tuition fee, hostel fee and feed expenses.
MBBS from Austria colleges are well recognised by organisations.
Why Austria for MBBS-
There can be a handful of reasons for a student to choose study medicine in austria. Some of them
have been mentioned here-
- Quality of education in Austria is of the western curriculum. Some of the universities of
Austria are ranked among 500 in the world, which are reputed and very much recognised by the
- MBBS in austria fees for pursuing medicine from Austria highly subsidized for international
students. The universities of Austria are much cheaper as compared to other countries like the
US and another western country.
- Austria is a peaceful place where the law and order are strict for maintaining social harmony.
The educational institutions take extra pain to offer a safe environment for the students.
- The MBBS degree from Austria is worldwide accepted. After completing the degree and returning
to your country, you will be having multiple opportunities with significant pay and respect.
- Studying from a place like Austria plays a significant role in developing the overall
personality of a student which takes place through workshops, seminars, assignments, quiz etc.
- MBBS from Austria colleges are well reputed and respected throughout the world.
Bavarian dialects of German is spoken by a large number of people which is also the official
language of Austria. Therefore German is also used as a medium of teaching. Therefore students can
also go for a 2-year preparatory course in the la German language.
MBBS from Austria eligibility criteria
Before applying for MBBS course in any of the colleges from Austria, the applicant must keep in
mind the following points
- The applicant must be 17 years old at the time of applying.
- For applying for MBBS from Austria the applicant must have passed high school and an
intermediate class from a recognised institution.
- The applicant must have passed the primary education with Physica, Chemistry, Biology and
English as their subjects.
- In the case of Indian students, NEET qualification is mandatory.
- The applicant is required to clear the proficiency test.
MBBS from AUSTRIA colleges
Several colleges in Austria offer the MBBS course that is well recognised and respected across the
world. Some of the famous colleges are-
The medical University of Vienna with the country ranking 7 and world ranking 836.
The- Medical University of Graz with the country ranking 15 and world ranking 1745.
The- Medical University of Innsbruck with the country ranking 25 and world ranking 3085.
Paracelsus Private Medical University with the country ranking 38 and world ranking 4655.
Vienna School of Osteopathy.
MBBS in AUSTRIA documents required
At the time of applying for admission in MBBS in Austria, the candidate must keep in mind the
- Filled application form.
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Certificate of code of conduct.
- Valid passport of the candidate.
- Passport size photographs.
- School leaving certificate.
- Birth certificate.
- IELTS/ TOEFT certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- National ID proof of the candidate.
- Medical certificate.
- Student's visa
- Bank statement of parents/ guardians.
All these documents must be verified by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
MBBS in AUSTRIA admission process
- Fill up the online application form which is available on the official website of the
STEP2- The applicant is required to submit all the documents with the form after legalisation and
STEP3- After the college has reviewed the application form, and sent the invitation letter, the
applicant is required to pay the college tuition fee.
STEP4- After the tuition fee has been paid, apply for the Visa.
STEP5- Once all the above things has been done, be ready to fly to Austria with all the original
Courses offered in medical colleges in AUSTRIA
- General medicine MBBS and MD.
Accreditation of MBBS colleges in AUSTRIA
- National Medical Commission ( NMC)
- World Health Organisation ( WHO)
- United States Medical License Examination Test ( USMLE)
- United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organisation ( UNESCO)
- Ministry of Education, India.
Hostel accommodation for MBBS college in AUSTRIA
All the medical colleges that are approved by NMC have hostel facility inside the campus. The
hostels provide following facilities in Austria-
- Clean and hygienic rooms and surrounding.
- Washrooms with geyser facility.
- The hostels are facilitated with geysers and room heaters, to conform in the cold weather.
- Wifi facility with IT infrastructure.
- Furniture is available which include beds, table, chairs, study table, wardrobe etc.
- Canteen on the campus with Indian food.
- Housekeeping and laundry service.
- Separate kitchens are available for students who can cook their meal of choice.
- Television and resting rooms are available.
- Central heating in the hostel is available.
- Hostel wardens are assigned for looking after the welfare of the students and maintenance.
- Hostels are managed with strict rules and regulations.
Cost of living in AUSTRIA
The students taking admission in medical colleges in Austria and its states can be at ease when it
comes to the price of living. The colleges offer hostel accommodation, and those who wish to stay
outside can also afford it.
- $1 = Rs.80(it may vary)
- Mentioned fee are approximate and it may change as per the change in currency
Oppurtunities after pursuing MBBS from AUSTRIA
While most of the students aim at doing masters after completing MBBS, the others who don't opt for
masters have a handful of alternatives-
- The students can apply for jobs at private or government medical hospitals and practice
medicine as a professional doctor.
- The interested students can also work as a lecturer in a good private/ public medical college.
- Other options include Pharmaceutical sector, Pathology, Educator etc.
- Students with a bachelors degree can only work for 10 hrs a week which also give them time to
prepare for masters exam.
MBBS course details in AUSTRIA
PHASE 1- TWO SEMESTERS
PHASE III- 6 SEMESTERS
The University of VIENNA
The University of Vienna is a public institute which is located in Vienna, Austria. It was founded
by Duke Rudolph IV in 1365 and is the oldest institute in Germany. The university of Vienna has a
strong history and has developed into one of the largest universities in Europe, and is the most
renowned and respected educational institution especially in the Humanities. It is associated with
21 Nobel prize winners and has been the academic home to many scholars of chronological as well as
of academic importance.
The University of Vienna was founded by 1365, by Duke Rudolph and his two brothers Dukes Albert
III and Leopold III hence is commonly known as Alma mater Rudolphina.
The University of Vienna was modelled after the University of Paris. The University of Vienna
offers 55 bachelor programmes, 110 master programmes, 3 diploma programs and 13 doctoral
The university offers several Masters programs in English, namely:
- Quantitative Economics, Management and Finance
- Environmental Sciences
- Middle European interdisciplinary Master Programme in Cognitive Science
- European Master in Health and Physical Activity
- English Language and Linguistics
- Anglophone and Cultures
- East Asian Economy and Society
- Ecology and Ecosystems
- Molecular Microbiology, Microbial Ecology and Immunobiology
- European Master in Urban Studies
- Masters in European and International Business Law
The University of Vienna consists of 15 faculties and five centres:
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Protestant Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics (not to be confused with the Vienna University of
Economics and Business)
- Faculty of Computer science
- Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Philosophy and Education
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Social sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
- Faculty of Life sciences
- Centre for Translation studies
- Centre for Sport Science and University Sports
- Centre for Molecular biology
- Centre for Microbiology and Environmental Systems Science
- Centre for Teacher Education
The library at the University of Vienna is large and consists of enormous books, print papers etc.
The library consists of 50 departmental libraries that are spread in the whole city of Vienna.
What are the advantages of pursuing MBBS from Austria?
Austria is the best place mbbs in austria for indian students because of the following
benefits: It is easy to get MBBS admission in Austria medical college because of the
simple procedure for Indian students. There is no requirement to clear any English
proficiency test for pursuing Study MBBS in Austria.
What is the MBBS fee structure from Austria?
MBBS Universities.com estimates the fee structure of austria medical university to be
approximately around 2,27,707 INR – 10,00,000 INR per year based on our years of
experience of helping Indian students in seeking admission to medical colleges Austria.
What is the hostel accommodation in Austria?
Housing in Austria is generally not offered by universities. Students choose to either
live in residence halls or private spaces. The Austrian Exchange Service (OeAD) and the
Austrian Student Union (Österreichische Hochschülerschaft / ÖH) offer reasonably priced
accommodation in Austria for international students.
Where is the University of Vienna located?
What is the eligibility criteria for taking admission in Austria?
Universitätsring 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
What is the admission procedure for enrolling in MBBS college in Austria?
For an MBBS program at best medical universities in austria, candidates must have
completed higher Secondary Education from a recognized board of Country. Candidates must
have qualified 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Age of
candidate should be 17 years or as on 31st December at admission time.