About Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, founded in 1946, is one of Iran's oldest medical universities. The university was purchased by the Iranian government in order to give MBBS in Iran to all medical students. Its goal is to make better use of national medical resources to boost healthcare, teaching, and research.
Since its inception, the institution has built a name for itself in terms of producing ambitious students, and it is currently one of Iran's most prestigious medical universities. It has been approved by the Iranian Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education, as well as several other organizations throughout the world. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences offers a 7-year MBBS programme. The University provides MBBS courses in both English and Persian.
With over 9000 students studying in over 200 different specialties and an academic staff of approximately 900 and 25,000 workers, it is rated as one of Iran's best medical institutions. Since it is one of Iran's greatest medical universities. Iranian students are recruited to Shiraz University of Medical Sciences(SUMS) through the National Entrance Exam (Konkur) and registered at the university's main campus.
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) is the most popular University of Medical Sciences in southern Iran, with 70 years of medical education experience. It offers international degree and non-degree programmes to international students at various levels and disciplines, including Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.), Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.), B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., Specialty, Subspecialty, and Fellowship. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences(SUMS) is a regional health care provider and the primary medical facility in Fars Province, with 41 hospitals (14 of which are teaching hospitals).
Affiliation and Recognition of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Since its inception, the institution has built a name for itself in terms of producing ambitious students, and it is currently one of Iran's most prestigious medical universities. It has been approved by the Iranian Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education, as well as several other organizations throughout the world. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences is accredited by the National Medical Commission (NMC), the Medical Council of Canada (MCC), the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), registered with the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). These worldwide recognitions enable graduates to work anywhere in the world, subject to approval and clearance of Medical licensing examinations.
Why study MBBS at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences?
- If you are thinking of pursuing higher education in medicine or other branches of medical sciences, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences is one of the best places to start.
- Shiraz State Medical University offers medical education at a low cost to all students.
- The institution features an experienced faculty and a well-organized campus. In addition, the institution delivers practical knowledge via the use of innovative technologies and well-equipped laboratories.
- As English is also the medium of instruction, there is no need to learn the local language.
- There are no contribution fees required for admission to Shiraz State Medical University.
- Teachers provide students with personalized attention while they learn or practice.
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences(SUMS) provides 25% to 100% (Full) scholarship.
Quick highlights about Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Advantages of MBBS at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences(SUMS) embodies both tradition and contemporary, seeking to educate students via high-quality education and research. Since its inception, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences(SUMS) has been active as one of the largest and most prestigious colleges in Iran and the Middle East, as well as a significant figure in the area, in terms of the services it provides to students and patients. The Iran Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education considers Shiraz University of Medical Sciences(SUMS) to be the major hub of four scientific domains, which are as follows:
- The liver transplantation hub
- The clinical immunology hub
- The clinical microbiology hub
- The advanced electronic learning hub
SUMS is also one of the top cochlear implant clinics in Iran. It not only hosts hundreds of patients from southern Iran, but it is also a well-known hub for health tourism in Iran, bringing hundreds of patients from neighboring countries each year. Among the specialized medical treatments that draw patients to Shiraz are:
- Transplantation of organs
- Implantation of cochlear implants
- Cardiovascular angiography
- Hepatic angiography
- Cancer radiation and chemotherapy
- Various forms of eye surgery
- Various types of heart surgery
- Various types of orthopaedic surgery
- Fetal Surgery
- Infertility Treatment Using IVF Technology
Other Advantages Include
- No additional fees or charges for admission.
- Simple Admissions Process
- Reasonably Priced Fee Structure
- Low living expenses
- International Recognition and Exposure
- High-quality instructional materials.
- Academic buildings are linked to dormitories where students can reside.
- Students can study from highly trained and professional professors.
- Well-equipped experimentation laboratories
- Multi-cultural environment
Duration of MBBS program in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
As an undergraduate program, the MBBS program at SUMS consists of Pre-clinical and Clinical phases. Upon the successful completion of the program the title “Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)” is granted to the professionals who succeed in the program, being referred to by the courtesy title of “Doctor” and the prefix “Dr.”
- Phase 1: (2.5 years): The phase serves as a foundation of basic and general medical sciences, preparing the students for the upcoming Phases by the theoretical and practical courses.
- Phase 2: (1 year): The second phase offers the fundamentals of clinical medicine and provides in-depth preparations for the Clinical clerkship.
- Phase 3: (2 years): This is the phase in which students step into clinics to participate in Clinical Clerkship procedures.
Faculty at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
At SUMS, around 900 academic members and over 25000 workers work in fields like health, treatment, research, and teaching.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Health
- Shiraz Hazrat-e-Fatemeh Nursing and Midwifery Faculty
- Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
- Faculty of Rehabilitation
- Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery
- Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
- Faculty of Management and Medical Information Sciences
- Faculty of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Fees Structure 2023-24
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Ranking 2023-24
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Iran has long been one of the top locations for Indian students pursuing medical degrees. Check the qualifying requirements below if you wish to pursue MBBS at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences.
- Above 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- Cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- The age for applying MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- In order to get enrolled to MBBS in Iran, the candidate must have qualified the NEET test.
- To apply for MBBS in Iran, individuals must have passed the NEET (UG) Entrance exam (according to the most recent MCI release).
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Admission Process
Candidates must take examinations as part of the admissions process. The academic year is traditionally divided into semesters, as it is at many other Iranian universities. The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery) and MD (Master of Medicine) are the two most popular medical degrees awarded in Iranian universities (Doctor of Medicine). The prerequisites for an MBBS application vary based on the university to which you wish to apply. The needs listed here are estimates. So, in order to have a comprehensive image, you need conduct research on the University of your Choice. Some general criteria for an MBBS include:
- Step 1. From our Registration Page, choose your preferred Medical College. Fill out the online application form and upload the required documentation.
- Step 2. Pay your registration fees in the second step.
- Step 3. Within two business days, an offer letter will be issued.
- Step 4. After obtaining the offer letter, students must pay their first-semester tuition payments directly to the institution.
- Step 5. Pay your Documentation and Service Charge Fees.
- Step 5. Visa and other paperwork might take up to 45 days (about 1 and a half months). When all the procedures are completed, you will be able to fly to begin your dream adventure
Document Required For Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Admission
The following is a list of papers necessary for admission to Shiraz University of Medical Sciences; the candidate should ensure that these documents are available.
- Certificate of Birth Certificate and mark sheet for the tenth grade.
- Certificate and mark sheet for the 12th grade.
- ten passport-sized photos
- Official invitation letter from Iran's Medical University.
- All papers have been authorized by the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi.
- All documents from the Iran Embassy have been legalized.
- Visa charges.
- University tuition money for the first year received in the bank (required for some Universities).
- HIV test results
MBBS Syllabus at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences are as follows-
Hostel and Accommodation at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
In Shiraz, SUMS provides well-equipped dorms for all students. They have dorms for all students, including males and girls. in the cities of Shiraz and Kish. All students enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.), and Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) programmes will spend the first year of their studies at Kish, a Persian Gulf Island in southern Iran. Students admitted into other programmes, on the other hand, will remain in Shiraz for their studies. Students who live in Kish for the first year of their studies will be moved to Shiraz after one year and will finish their studies there. SUMS supplies dorms for both male and female students studying in Kish. Kish SUMS dorms provide the following amenities:
- Fully equipped two-bedroom apartments with two to three beds in each room, LED TV, drawer, closet, desk and chairs, couch set, and other amenities. Utilities, landline, and wireless internet connectivity are all supplied at no extra charge.
- Each suite has a lounge and a shared bathroom with a separate shower and toilet.
- It is handy since the neighborhood is full of local stores, bakeries, and shopping complexes.
- The dormitory has laundry facilities, including washing machines with built-in dryers.
- A prayer room is provided.
- Free Wi-Fi across campus and in the dorms
- 10 GB Internet per month
- Online internet service and support Centre
- Online bookstore
- Free computer pools in SUMS schools
- Free access to scientific research databases
Shiraz has an average cost of living of $727, placing it in the top 31% of the world's least expensive cities, ranking 6387th out of 9294 on our worldwide list and 13th out of 102 in Iran.
The average after-tax wage is $309, which covers living costs for 0.4 months. 5710th (TOP 61%) on the list of finest places to live in the world, and 4th best city to live in Iran. Shiraz is Iran's fifth biggest city, with a population of 1.57 million people.
Why Pursue Your MBBS Studies in Iran
Iran, the Islamic republic, is the easternmost country in the Middle East. The Caspian Sea borders the nation on the north, and the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman border it on the south. Persia was the country's former name. On land, it is bordered by Armenia, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan, while in the Caspian Sea, it is bordered by Kazakhstan, Russia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.
The population of the nation is projected to be over 83 million people (as of 2020 data). The republic's capital and political and economic center, Tehran, is the country's biggest metropolis. The Iranian Medes initially unified Iran in the seventh century BC, and it achieved its territorial apogee in the sixth century BC, when Cyrus the Great created the Achaemenid Empire, which became one of the world's first superpowers and one of history's greatest empires.
Iran is a regional and intermediate power in Asia, with a strategic position. It is a founder member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It has massive fossil fuel reserves, including the world's second-largest natural gas supply and fourth-largest known oil reserves. The country's 22 UNESCO World Legacy Sites highlight the country's rich cultural heritage.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Iran
- Affordable living
- Global Recognition and Exposure
- The weather is pleasant.
- Students at MBBS in Iran have access to high-quality educational resources.
- In Iran, MBBS has established cutting-edge infrastructure.
- In Iran, MBBS features academic buildings that are connected to dormitory structures where students can stay.
- In Iran, students studying MBBS have the opportunity to learn from highly qualified and skilled lecturers.
- Experimentation laboratories are well-equipped at MBBS in Iran.
- Universities in Iran have large libraries with a wide range of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, editorials, encyclopedias, and other non-fiction literature to help students expand their knowledge.
- Students studying MBBS in Iran gain extensive exposure to technology as well as a high degree of quality information.
- MBBS in Iran accepts applications from students from all over the world, resulting in a multi-cultural setting.
- MBBS in Iran provides international students with airport pickup, travel accommodations, lodging, and international bank account establishment services while they are enrolled.
- The application for admission to MBBS in Iran is done online and is much simpler.
- On-campus training is available at MBBS in Iran.
- University-affiliated hospitals provide advanced training and internship opportunities.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
RMC education is among the best and well-structured for students who wish to study abroad. We advise and encourage students as they study MBBS and help them create their future. We take on all major and small tasks such as profile evaluation, shortlisting institutions, preparing applications, accessing admissions, Visa procedures, and so forth. Because of our systematic working style, we are among the pioneers in developing abroad education. With us, you have the ideal platform to move forward in the proper direction. We have assisted over 10,000 students in gaining admission to well-equipped foreign colleges without any contribution fees. We also walk students through the admissions process step by step and aid with visa procedures. Our greatest experts are always available to provide you with the most precise and effective advice about studying abroad.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an Iranian medical degree recognised in India?
Yes, if achieved at one of the MCI-approved schools, an MBBS from Iran is accepted in India. The MBBS course structure in Iran is identical to that of India. Students must pass a screening test administered by the National Medical Council in order to practise in India (MCI).
Is NEET essential for MBBS studies in Iran?
NEET has been required to study MBBS in Iran and other countries since 2018.
Is an MBBS degree from Iran recognised in India?
Because Iranian medical institutes are recognised by India's Medical Council, an MBBS degree from Iran is recognised in India.
Is MBBS costly in Iran?
MBBS in Iran is less expensive than in other countries like as India or Nepal.
Are there any long vacations for students that they can take to visit their families in India?
Every semester, students are given two long vacations. These vacations are lengthy enough to allow you to travel back to India.
Is there an entrance exam for Shiraz University of Medical Sciences admission?
There are only basic criteria for students to clear the NEET exam. There is no other entrance exam for taking admission.