About Semnan University of Medical Sciences
Semnan University of Medical Sciences (SEMUMS), one of Iran's medical universities, is associated with the Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education. It is a governmental medical university in Semnan that was created in 1989. It has always been actively involved in academic activities as well as research, health, and therapy. This university provides a wide range of chances and good facilities for study and research in medical subjects, and it is a nationally known high-profile institution that provides the community with quality education, research, and treatment services. SEMUMS serve as the home campus for state-wide programmes in pharmacology, dentistry, health, nursing, allied medicine, and rehabilitation. SEMUMS, being one of Iran's best medical research institutions, also seeks to support and assist researchers to achieve its research and academic aims. The university works hard to accomplish its three major missions: research, education, and healthcare.
Affiliation and Recognition of Semnan University of Medical Sciences
Semnan University of Medical Sciences (SEMUMS), one of Iran's medical universities, is associated with the Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education.
Why study MBBS at Semnan University of Medical Sciences?
If you want to pursue a further education in medicine or other medical disciplines, Semnan University of Medical Sciences is a suitable location to start. Semnan State Medical University provides affordable medical education to all students, with an experienced staff and a well-organized campus. Furthermore, the university imparts practical knowledge via the utilization of innovative technology and well-equipped laboratories. There is no need to learn the local language because English is also the medium of education. Admission to Semnan State Medical University does not need any contribution fees. Teachers provide pupils with one-on-one attention as they study or practice.
- Teaching students' medical sciences
- Conducting scientific research in many domains of medicine, health, and treatment
- Coordinating education, research, and treatment policies
- Organizing scientific conferences in coordination with relevant authorities
- Providing necessary faculty members and overseeing the effective execution of educational, research, and therapeutic affairs
- Educating GPs and specialists in many aspects of clinical medicine to enhance health
- Collaborating with educational committees to provide continuing education to the province medical community
- Training postgraduate students (MSc) to satisfy treatment and health needs, as well as collaboration with academic staff at the country's universities and research institutions. Conducting fundamental and applied research in basic and clinical sciences to meet healthcare needs and expand knowledge boundaries, as well as providing solutions to current questions and problems through educational committees, research centers, educational centers, and interuniversity collaboration
- Providing health and treatment services to hospitals and connected health facilities to provide a conducive environment for students and trainees
- Collaborating with Semnan University of Medical Sciences and other universities in the nation to educate students from diverse disciplines
Quick highlights about Semnan University of Medical Sciences
Advantages of MBBS at Semnan University of Medical Sciences
To begin with, SEMUMS academic work and activities are not limited to classrooms, libraries, and labs. Every week, several institutions hold conferences and meetings on a variety of topics and in a variety of vocations. You may look for and participate in similar events. For some events, you may be asked to serve on an event's organizing committee, or you may be given the choice to volunteer. These are wonderful chances to help with a range of duties while getting to know your classmates and friends in a pristine environment. Other student unions and groups are also active in other schools.
Their interests are diverse and include activities such as scientific or academic work, various periodicals and journals, leisure hobbies such as climbing, and so on. You might also choose to participate in sports. SEMUMS features a variety of sports teams for both girls and boys, as well as the resources and equipment needed to develop and assist its participants. If you are excellent in a certain sport and want to pursue your passion as a team member, you can compete for a spot on one of the university's teams.
Fortunately, the substantial number of SEMUMS students at all levels, both Iranian and international, means you have an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to satisfy all your expectations of a vibrant and involved university community. Life at SEMUMS will surely offer you a distinct way of life due to its unique academic and non-academic circumstances.
Another significant benefit of attending this university is the scholarship it offers. There are various grants available to assist students manage their expenditures.
Duration of MBBS program in Semnan University of Medical Sciences
As an undergraduate program, the MBBS program consists of Pre-clinical and Clinical phases. Upon the successful completion of the program the title “Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)” is granted to the professionals who succeed in the program, being referred to by the courtesy title of “Doctor” and the prefix “Dr.”
- Phase 1 (2.5 years): The phase serves as a foundation of basic and general medical sciences, preparing the students for the upcoming Phases by the theoretical and practical courses.
- Phase 2 (1 year): The second phase offers the fundamentals of clinical medicine and provides in-depth preparations for the Clinical clerkship.
- Phase 3 (2 years): This is the phase in which students step into clinics to participate in Clinical Clerkship procedures.
Faculty at Semnan University of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Nutrition
- Faculty of Nursery & Midwifery
- Faculty of Health management and medical informatics
- Faculty of Para medicine
- Faculty of Rehabilitation
- Faculty Of Advanced Medical Sciences
- Traditional Medicine
- Maragheh Faculty of Nursery & Midwifery
- Sarab Faculty of Medical Sciences
Semnan University of Medical Sciences Fees Structure 2022-23
Semnan University of Medical Sciences ranking
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Semnan University of Medical Sciences
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission in MBBS:
- The candidate must have completed 12th from CBSE/ICSE or an equivalent board of examination.
- To be qualified for MBBS admission to Semnan University of Medical Sciences the candidate must have secured at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th examination.
- The age for applying MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- The base age to apply for affirmation for MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- In order to get enrolled to MBBS in Iran, the candidate must have qualified the NEET test.
- To apply for MBBS in Iran, individuals must have passed the NEET (UG) Entrance exam (according to the most recent MCI release).
Semnan University of Medical Sciences Admission Process
Candidates must take examinations as part of the admissions process. The academic year is traditionally divided into semesters, as it is at many other Iranian universities. The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery) and MD (Master of Medicine) are the two most popular medical degrees awarded in Iranian universities (Doctor of Medicine). The prerequisites for an MBBS application vary based on the university to which you wish to apply. The needs listed here are estimates. So, in order to have a comprehensive image, you need conduct research on the University of your Choice. Some general criteria for an MBBS include:
- Step 1. Completely fill out the application form with accurate personal and educational information.
- Step 2. Send scanned copies of your academic qualifications and passport to the University of your Choice.
- Step 3. After the University has completed its evaluation of your application, it will generate a report.
- Step 4. Paying for tuition Fill out a student visa application.
- Step 5. Board a plane to Iran and begin your adventure to become a doctor.
Document Required For Semnan University of Medical Sciences Admission
Make sure you have all of the relevant papers before applying for admission in Iran to avoid any confusion or rushing at the last minute. For MBBS admission in Iran, the following documents are required:
- You must have your high school/secondary school transcript (10th grade).
- You must have finished your secondary/intermediate schooling (12th).
Bring your NEET Score Card with you.
A new ID proof with all the necessary information issued by the Government of India is required.
English proficiency test certification
Letter of Recommendation
Letter of Motivation Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Student Visa on Passport
- Current Financial Situation
MBBS Syllabus at Semnan University of Medical Sciences
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Semnan University of Medical Sciences are as follows-
Hostel and Accommodation at Semnan University of Medical Sciences
Because many SEMUMS students originate from the provinces, the University takes on the task of providing suitable housing for them through the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Culture and Student Affairs. Currently, dormitories for boys and girls, as well as one for married couples, accommodate all candidates from all fields of study and levels, as well as from various locations of Iran. Reading rooms, book storage, a mosque, an auditorium, a gym, a movie theatre, and other recreational and welfare amenities are available.
Meals are prepared under the supervision of health and nutrition specialists from the University. Self-service eateries in faculties and dorms provide students with a variety of low-cost meals. During the day, kids are served in school cafeterias.
The true cost of remaining is determined by the students' decisions. Depending on the university and the degree, the average cost of studying MBBS in Iran, excluding living expenses, ranges from 6000 USD to 8000 USD a year.
Costs of Food and Accommodation
Food is of good quality and hygienic standards, and it is fairly priced. Lunch at an Iranian mid-range restaurant costs between $15 and $20 USD. The cost of lodging will range between 6000 and 8000 USD.
To live comfortably in Iran while studying, a student should budget roughly $100 per month for living expenses, excluding tuition fees. Ukraine is significantly less expensive to study and live there. This, however, is dependent on the individual's lifestyle.
Public transportation in the nation is also fairly priced. Students receive a 30% discount on ordinary train and bus tickets across the city. A one-way local transit ticket is about $2, while a monthly pass is between $10 and $30.
Why Pursue Your MBBS Studies in Iran
Iran, the Islamic republic, is the easternmost country in the Middle East. The Caspian Sea borders the nation on the north, and the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman border it on the south. Persia was the country's former name. On land, it is bordered by Armenia, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan, while in the Caspian Sea, it is bordered by Kazakhstan, Russia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.
The population of the nation is projected to be over 83 million people (as of 2020 data). The republic's capital and political and economic centre, Tehran, is the country's biggest metropolis. The Iranian Medes initially unified Iran in the seventh century BC, and it achieved its territorial apogee in the sixth century BC, when Cyrus the Great created the Achaemenid Empire, which became one of the world's first superpowers and one of history's greatest empires.
Iran is a regional and intermediate power in Asia, with a strategic position. It is a founder member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It has massive fossil fuel reserves, including the world's second-largest natural gas supply and fourth-largest known oil reserves. The country's 22 UNESCO World Legacy Sites highlight the country's rich cultural heritage.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Iran
- Affordable living
- Global Recognition and Exposure
- The weather is pleasant.
- Students at MBBS in Iran have access to high-quality educational resources.
- In Iran, MBBS has established cutting-edge infrastructure.
- In Iran, MBBS features academic buildings that are connected to dormitory structures where students can stay.
- In Iran, students studying MBBS have the opportunity to learn from highly qualified and skilled lecturers.
- Experimentation laboratories are well-equipped at MBBS in Iran.
- Universities in Iran have large libraries with a wide range of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, editorials, encyclopedias, and other non-fiction literature to help students expand their knowledge.
- Students studying MBBS in Iran gain extensive exposure to technology as well as a high degree of quality information.
- MBBS in Iran accepts applications from students from all over the world, resulting in a multi-cultural setting.
- MBBS in Iran provides international students with airport pickup, travel accommodations, lodging, and international bank account establishment services while they are enrolled.
- The application for admission to MBBS in Iran is done online and is much simpler.
- On-campus training is available at MBBS in Iran.
- University-affiliated hospitals provide advanced training and internship opportunities.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Semnan University of Medical Sciences
RMC education is among the best and well-structured for students who wish to study abroad. We advise and encourage students as they study MBBS and help them create their future. We take on all major and small tasks such as profile evaluation, shortlisting institutions, preparing applications, accessing admissions, Visa procedures, and so forth. Because of our systematic working style, we are among the pioneers in developing abroad education. With us, you have the ideal platform to move forward in the proper direction. We have assisted over 10,000 students in gaining admission to well-equipped foreign colleges without any contribution fees. We also walk students through the admissions process step by step and provide assistance with visa procedures. Our greatest experts are always available to provide you the most precise and effective advice about studying abroad.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an Iranian medical degree recognised in India?
Yes, if achieved at one of the MCI-approved schools, an MBBS from Iran is accepted in India. The MBBS course structure in Iran is identical to that of India. Students must pass a screening test administered by the National Medical Council in order to practise in India (MCI).
Is NEET essential for MBBS studies in Iran?
NEET has been required to study MBBS in Iran and other countries since 2018.
Is an MBBS degree from Iran recognised in India?
Because Iranian medical institutes are recognised by India's Medical Council, an MBBS degree from Iran is recognised in India.
Is MBBS costly in Iran?
MBBS in Iran is less expensive than in other countries like as India or Nepal.
Are there any long vacations for students that they can take to visit their families in India?
Every semester, students are given two long vacations. These vacations are lengthy enough to allow you to travel back to India.
Is there an entrance exam for Semnan University of Medical Sciences admission?
There are only basic criteria for students to clear the NEET exam. There is no other entrance exam for taking admission.