About Semey State Medical University
Semey state Medical University is one of the largest medical universities in Kazakhstan with its
own hospital and also branches in Pavlodar and Ust Kamenogorsk. Semey Medical University was
established in the year 1953 (opening of general medicine faculty). 320 students were enrolled in
1953. Over the years of its existence, graduates of the university successfully work all over the
whole Kazakhstan, as well as near and far abroad.
Semey Medical University has rich historical traditions, enormous potential and authoritative
schools and We have made substantial contributions to the development of medicine and population
health support also. Contribution to improving the health of Kazakhstan population through quality
training of competitive specialists by integrating best practices of education, clinics and
Semey State Medical University is considered to be one of the best universities
of Kazakhstan. It was founded in 1952. The university was initially named as Semipalatinsk
State Medical Institute. After more than four decades, the name of the university was changed to
Semey State Medical University by the orders of the Health Services Committee of the Republic of
The very first batch of students got admission under the medicine faculty of SSMU in the year
1953. Gradually, other faculties were also started in the university. These faculties include the
pediatrics which began in 1963, stomatology faculty in 1991, Medico-prophylactically,
pharmaceutical faculty and General Medicine faculty was started in 2003. In the year 1984, SSMU
started the post- diploma education in Pavlodar city. Every year around 1000 doctors pursue their
post- diploma education here.
Currently there are more than 3500 students pursuing their medical education in General Medicine,
pediatrics, Stomatology, pharmaceuticals and medical-prophylactic. Semey State Medical University
provides the best medical education using the best equipment and up to date technology. There are
around 450 teachers in the university including 35 Doctors of Sciences, 1 academician, 168 PhDs, 3
Corresponding members of the AMS RK and 4 corresponding members of the ANS RK.
The university has many hospitals affiliated where the students can practice their internship and
have some practical experience under the guidance of their mentors and doctors working there.
Quick Highlights of Study MBBS in Semey State Medical University
Faculties of Semey State Medical University
Department of Modern History of Kazakhstan and General Subjects
- Department of the Kazakh and Latin Languages
- Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacology and Demonstrative Medicine
- Department of Public Health Care
- Department of a Food and Hygienic Disciplines
- Department of Propaedeutics of Internal Diseases
- Department of Medicine of Accidents and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Stomatologic Disciplines
- Department of Russian and Foreign Languages
- Department of Biochemistry and Chemical Disciplines
- Anatomy and Histology Department
- Department of Pathological Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
- Department of Physiological Disciplines
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of the General Medical Practice
- Department of Children’s Diseases
- Department of children’s infectious diseases and phthisiology
- Surgery and traumatology department
- Department of the general surgery
- Department of neurology, psychiatry and infectious diseases
- Department of Oncology and Visual Diagnosis
- Department of immunology and dermatological venereology
- Department of military preparation
- Department of internship by internal medicine
- Department internship in general practice and further education
- Internship department on pediatrics and pediatric surgery
- Internship department on surgery
- Internship department on obstetrics and gynecology
Semey State Medical University Fee Structure 2024-25
- 1 USD = Rs.82(it may vary)
- Mentioned fee are approximate and it may change as per the change in currency
Semey State Medical University Admission
The main task of Semey State Medical University consists in the preparation of highly qualified
doctor’s specialists. The educational work is carried out in accordance with the normative
documents of higher education under the leadership of the Rector, the protector for educational
works, the deans of departments, coordinated by the Education Counsel & the Central Methodical
Counsel (CMC). For the discussion of the Academic counsel and CMC, cardinal questions, determining
changes of teaching methods, carrying out methods introduction of student’s teaching; introduction
questions about achievement of medicine and practice in the educational process; perfection of
forms and teaching process is based on definite traditions, developed during many years and became
foundations, which in addition to the modern science and foundation, which in addition to the
modern science and technology, preparation of highly qualified doctors/specialists is carried out.
For the last few years the quantity of published educational methodical recommendations and
textbooks has mainly increased.
Methods in the state language in accordance with realization “Languages Law” and “Education Law”;
reviewing of examination materials; manuscripts, discussion for determination of their readiness to
the publication, are submitted. The educational Universitys departments build up the teaching
process considering that the teachers job is not only giving information to the students but also
in their cognitive activity’s stimulation and inculcation of scientific cognition methods in the
Admission Criteria for MBBS in Semey State Medical University
Students have to complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, in order to apply for the
particular year for MBBS admission in Semey State Medical University
- 12th Mark MarkSheet and certificates with 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- NEET-UG Qualified
- Copy of Passport
- 5 Photograph
- Digital Photograph
- Admission terms and conditions apply
Admission Process Of Semey State Medical University?
- Simple Admission Process
- English Medium
- No Capitation
- World Class Infrastructure
- Moderate cost Fee
- Simple Fee Installment
- Application VISA is exceptionally basic and simple
- Medicinal in
Kazakhstan By WHO, MCI and other International Recognized Bodies
- Great job Opportunities after completion of MBBS in Semey State Medical University
- Education standard is of a greater high MBBS degree in Semey State Medical University.
Colleges have world class standards of techniques and systems.
- Safety and security of students is guaranteed in this nation.
- Easy VISA process with 100% certification
- Students can show up in the screening test led by the Medical Council of India. They can
likewise apply for the European Union and United States of America for employment. MBBS
in Kazakhstan is perceived all around the world.
- Our Degrees recognized by WHO, Directory of Avicenna(more than 60 countries in Europe & Asia),
Asian Network of Quality & equalized by councils like MCI, PMDC, etc.
- More than 25000 students and aspirants successfully graduated and work in leasing medical
establishments and institutions all over the world, including in countries like the USA,
Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.
- Have Scientific agreements and MoU for collaboration and cooperation, joint research,
Academicians, students and scholar exchange with leading institutions & medical establishments
all over the world.
- First Central Asian Government Medical University to carry out studies fully in ENGLISH MEDIUM
for foreign and local. Studies being carried out in three different languages (English, Russian,
Kazakh) at the student’s choice.
- First CIS University to get recognition and Associate Membership of Association of Indian
Universities New Delhi”. Our one professor deputed for permanent representation in AIU- Delhi.
- Educational Training Center (EMC) with models & Interactive Computer mannequins for practice.
- Innovative teaching methods “Problem-based learning” & “Case-Based Learning” and other
possible techniques of Modern Learning.
- Joint Scientific Laboratory for Research & Training Activities. 400 Computers connected to the
Internet & with access to the Cochrane Library.
- 3 Hostels to accommodate students and scholars with an hostel exclusively for International
Students. Library, Sports, art, Medical Aid, canteens, etc & other facilities available to the
- International Students from countries like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria,
Afghanistan, China, studying in our university since 1997. The selection, admission and other
related process being taken care of jointly with the services of “TECAS” – our official
consulting partner & the Foreign Relations Department under the direct supervision of the
higher management of the university. Our pass out International students successfully working in
various hospitals and institutions in their countries.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Semey State Medical University has highest ratings in the world ranking systems of
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Semey State Medical University Hostels
- Hostels for students are provided with full security.
- The university has well-furnished hostels for its students. Hostels are provided by the
university with facilities like 24-hour gas and electricity supply, hot and cold water, etc.
- There is a large library with an excellent collection of books.There are Cafeterias for
students that provide tasty and healthy food.
- University encourages sports activities like basketball, volleyball, cricket, football, etc.
at the hostel campuses for students.
- University has separate hostels for girls and boys and those have CCTV cameras for student’s
safety. Special attention is given to the security of girls.
- There are three separate hostels and one international student’s hostel available for the
students studying at SMU.
- The International Students Hostel is situated within the walking distance from the university
at a very prime location.
- Students can get every necessary requirement in less than two hundred meters from the hostel.
- The Hostel building is new and classy and the rooms are quite big and spacious, fully
furnished for comfortable living and stay.
- Hygienic canteen, primary medical care centre and currency exchange facilities are provided to
thforeign students for their stay.
- There is a common kitchen, in which many students cook food on a daily basis and a large hall
is built for students to sit and study in the common space.
- Laundry facility is also available to the hostel residents with 24 hours hot and cold water
available for students.
- For the safety of students, cameras are administrating every floor and hostel campus, which is
under the surveillance of warden on duty.
- Also to keep in check of all students and all work in hostel security is 24×7 present
Semey State Medical University Courses
- Public health
- Hygienic discipline
- Chemical discipline
- Forensic medicine
- Physiological discipline
- Children disease
- Infectious diseases
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Kazakhstan a safe country?
Crime in Kazakhstan, In the 2020 Global Peace Index, Kazakhstan ranks 70 out of 163
countries when it comes to safety and peace in the country. In Russia and Eurasia overall,
Kazakhstan ranks #1 in peacefulness out of 12 countries in the region.
Is Kazakhstan part of Russia?
The Russians began advancing into the Kazakh steppe in the 18th century, and by the
mid-19th century, they nominally ruled all of Kazakhstan as part of the Russian Empire.
... Kazakhstan was the last of the Soviet republics to declare independence during the
dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.