About Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University
Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University previously known as St. Petersburg State
Pediatric Medical University is a medical university in Russia that provides medical education in
the pediatric specialisation.The university is located in St. Petersburg which has a licence for providing training is the
English language. St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University lately known as Leningrad Pediatric Medical
Institute is the oldest and most renowned university for pediatric medical education. It was
founded in 1925, with the aim of Protection of Maternity and Infancy morbidity and mortality.
The City's Children Hospital was founded in 1905, with the motive to restrict the spread of
infectious diseases, with 650 beds, staff comprising 28 Ephesians, paramedics, 238 nurses and other
The main building of the St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University was established on the
territory of The City's Children Hospital. During the period of the Russian Civil war, the hospital was forgotten but it gave his home to a
large number of orphan children after the war. This led the authorities to provide more funding,
and in 1925, the Scientific-Practical Institute of Maternity and Infancy Protection, named after
Clara Zetkin, opened. It was then that the structure of the institute was refurbished and included many more facilities
and departments. They are as follows.
Why Study in Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University
In 1932 institute became the Scientific Research Institute of Maternity and Infancy Protection and
kept this status since then. There were new departments that were added to the institute. Physiology, Social Hygiene of Woman and Child,
Hygiene and Nutrition Science, Pathology of Children, Roentgenology, Child Phthisiatry.
In 1932 the institute was converted into the higher medical educational institution, the Clinical
Medical School. The institute struggled initially to get the specialised doctors in paediatrics and
therefore the child mortality rate remained high. Then the government expanded its clinical and
preventive institutions and established health care in houses and correctional institutions for
orphans. At the beginning of World War II, the institute trained 530 and improved training of 300
physicians. There were somatic, surgical, infectious, neurological, tuberculosis, venereal,
obstetric, gynaecological departments in the institute.
Special attention was paid for the prevention of infectious diseases. The number of beds in the
hospital touched to 1215 in 1940. According to the order of Ministry of Healthcare, the institution became Saint-Petersburg Pediatric
Medical Institute in 1992 and then received a status of the academy in 1994. >In 2012, the Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University got the status of a university.
Presently, the University has 70 departments. More than 700 applicants join the university and
become its part every year Till 2000, more than 25000 physicians graduated from Saint-Petersburg Pediatric Medical University,
including 2000 physicians from foreign. More than 3500 physicians enhanced their qualification on the Faculty of Continuing Education.
Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University Faculties
- 11 clinical departments.
- A baby house.
- an infant house.
- The department to qualify children conditions.
- clinics with up to 500 beds in each of them.
- An outpatient clinic.
- A children consulting centre.
- Milk stations.
Petersburg Pediatric Medical University Faculties
- The Faculty of Medical Science The Faculty of Pediatrics
- The Faculty of Clinical Psychology The Faculty of Stomatology
- The Faculty of Dentistry
Why Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University?
- Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University has the highest minimum USE scores among all
the medical universities in Russia.
- Provides world-class medical education with world-class infrastructure.
- Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University has experienced staff which help the student
all the time.
- Medium of teaching at Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University is English.
- Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University is approved by the WHO and NMC.
- Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University has a partnership with many other world-class
universities, thus enabling students to participate in student exchange programmes.
Petersburg Pediatric Medical University Mbbs Course
- Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University offers 6 years MBBS course, in general
- After completion of MBBS, the student has to complete 1 year of compulsory internship to learn
how to handle patients.
Petersburg Pediatric Medical University Ranking 2024-25
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University Admission
The Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University admission procedure is very simple. Applicants
applying for the MBBS course must keep in mind the following points-
- The applicant must apply after completing 12th from biology.
- The students of general category requires a minimum of 50% in PCB.
- Reserve category applicants require an aggregate of 40% in PCB.
- The Indian applicants must have qualified NEET to get Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical
Documents Required To Apply For Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University
- Passport copy certificate by a notary.
- Certificate of education and high school and intermediate mark sheets.
- Transfer certificate to be submitted at Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University.
- Birth certificate.
- Valid passport of the applicant.
- Medical certificate.
- Negative HIV/AIDS report.
- Negative Covid- 19 report.
- Passport size photographs.
- Sponsor letter.
- Nationality certificate.
- Migration certificate to be submitted at Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University.
Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University Admission Procedure
- Step 1: The candidates applying for MBBS admission should first fill-up the proper online
application form available on the official website of Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical
University, and also got through all the information before filling up the form tep.
- Step2: The candidate is required to submit the scanned copies of the essential mentioned
documents required for the Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University admission.
- Step 3: After the application has been evaluated, the applicant will get an offer letter from
Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University within a couple of days.
- Step 4: After the offer letter arrives the applicants are required to pay the first-year
tuition fees of Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University.
- Step 5: The candidate then must apply for the visa, as it takes a long time to process.
- Step 6: Finally, the Candidate will get a valid passport to go to Russia at Saint Petersburg
State Pediatric Medical University, and accomplish their goal.
Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University MBBS Fees structure 2024-25
Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University Hostel Facility
Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University posses multiple multiple hostels for its
students who wish to live near or in the campus premises.There are six Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University hostels,
accommodating almost 3 050 students. Hostel No. 6 being the biggest and catering for the greatest number of students. Saint Petersburg State
Pediatric Medical University hostels provide housing for foreigners. The
hostel is situated in the city centre, in a very nice area with good infrastructure.
- The quality and size of the rooms differ. Each room inhabits 2 to 4 students.
- The bathroom is shared and is divided into several rooms.
- The hostel provide rooms fully furnished with all the necessary furniture.
- Also in the Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University hostel, there are common kitchens,
gyms, laundries, and security.
- The Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University is surrounded by several supermarkets and
shops, for groceries and other important stuff.
- Also, there are bus stops nearby. The entrance to the hostel is allowed on the bases of hostel
- A pass is issued to the student upon arriving at the hostel.
Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University for Indian students has a bright future as hundreds
of student nowadays opt. for MBBS from Russia. The hostel facility is amazing there and also after completing the course,
the student can practice medicine in the country or if they wish to they can come back to India and move forward in serving
the people here. For practicing in India, the student has to clear the examination first.
Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University MBBS Syllabus
Frequently Asked Questions
Is North Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University a safe place for
Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University has been an international centre for higher
medical education for global students striving to pursue a medical career.Every year
thousands of foreign students coming from 70 countries and 4 continents graduate from ST.
Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University.
Is the MBBS degree from Saint Petersburg Pediatrics Medical University
available for other countries?
The college has been a worldwide place for higher medicinal training. Over the past 50
years, a few thousand outside students from 70 nations and 4 mainlands’s moved on from it.
Presently, the entryways of the University are open for students from in excess of 50
What is the weather there in Saint Petersburg Pediatrics Medical University,
The most significant thing about the Russian climate is this: it truly relies upon the
area. A large portion of Russia lies in a moderate atmosphere zone and is a serious
agreeable spot to live in. As indicated by the Russian Weather Service, the atmosphere in
Russia is getting hotter, so the well known Russian ices are presently an irregularity. In
contrast to numerous Western nations, focal warming is on in all houses and open
structures throughout the winter season. Radiators likewise work out in the open vehicle
throughout the winter months
What are the facilities in Saint Petersburg Pediatrics Medical University
Russia gives Campus facilities to its students. Normally these residences are on sharing
premise. At any rate, a couple of different students are required to share a lodging
office. Every one of the inns organized University students are arranged in the premises
of the University to keep up discipline and to guarantee the most extreme wellbeing of the
students. Hostel is furnished with basic kitchens, focal warming frameworks, restrooms,
power, boiling water and cold water and toilets too. The students are likewise given beds,
seats, cushions, and sheets alongside study tables and a closet to place their garments
in. The halls are given 24 hours of observation and security by the Internal Affairs
Ministry of Russia.
What is the North Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University admission
Admission policy and acceptance rate may vary by areas of study, degree level, student
nationality or residence and other criteria. Please contact the Saint Petersburg State
Pediatric Medical Academy's Admission Office for detailed information on a specific
admission selection policy and acceptance rate; the above University admission information
is indicative only and may not be complete or up-to-date.
What is Saint Petersburg Paediatrics Medical University ranking?