Rangpur Medical College
Rangpur Medical College is one of the famous government medical colleges in Bangladesh. The college is situated during the era of East Pakistan that is in the year of 1970. But in general the college’s main foundation was held in 1969 by Munaim Khan who was the General Governor of East Pakistan. The college is renowned by the name of “Rangpur Medical College” because it is situated in the district of Rangpur District under the new division of Rangpur.
When the college was started there were 50 students in the first batch. The Rangpur Medical College not only provides MBBS courses but there are multiple postgraduate courses like DCH, DFM, MS in Gynae & Obs, MS in General Surgery, MD in Pediatrics and MD in Internal Medicine. The college also keeps ten reserve seats for international students who are coming from South-Asian countries which include India, Pakistan, Nepal, Maldives and Bhutan.
There are many hospitals which are associated with the college and they teach real-life experiences to their students in their internship programs.The Rangpur medical College is affiliated by different medical councils which includes MCI, General medical council of the United Kingdom, etc it is also joined with WDOMS (World Directory of Medical School). Those Students who have graduated from Rangpur Medical College being recognized all over the globe and some are working in different parts of the globe.
Affiliation and Recognition of Rangpur Medical College
The Rangpur Medical College is been affiliated and recognized by various Medical Statutory bodies such as:-
- World health Organization (WHO).
- Rangpur Medical College has the affiliation of the University of Rajshahi.
- National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
- Nepal Medical Council.
Why study MBBS at Rangpur Medical College
There are various reasons the students should go to Rangpur Medical College or pursue their MBBS.
The reasons are-
- The Rangpur Medical College is affiliated and recognized by various Medical Councils such as NMC, BM&DC, NMC, WHO, and has been affiliated by University of Rajshahi.
- The College is a government college and one of the heritage and renowned colleges of Bangladesh.
- Rangpur Medical College provides quality education to their students.
- The teachers of the Rangpur Medical College are highly qualified and professionals.
- The Rangpur Medical College has modern infrastructure.
- The students who graduate from the Rangpur Medical College are recognized all over the world.
- The fees of the Rangpur Medical are very much affordable so there should not be any kind of difficulty for the students from other countries.
- The language of teaching in Rangpur Medical College is English, so the international students won’t face any difficulty in understanding the subjects and the concepts.
- Rangpur Medical College does take care of the students' fun activities, they arrange cultural events and sports events for their students.
- The college also takes care of the advanced learning of their students, so they do arrange guest lectures for the students.
- The students of Rangpur Medical College are working in different parts of the world.
Quick highlights about Rangpur Medical College
Advantages of MBBS at Rangpur Medical College
There are many advantages of doing MBBS in Rangpur Medical College in Bangladesh.
The advantages are;
- The Rangpur Medical College is one of the great and Heritage College in Bangladesh.
The college is very well known for its quality of Education.
The Rangpur Medical College is recognized by WHO, NMC and BM& DC, MDI.
The students who graduate from Rangpur Medical College can practice all over the world because it is recognized by WHO.
The college is also affiliated to the University Of Rajshahi.
The Rangpur Medical College also provides one year internship for their students and they do arrange the seminars.
The teachers are highly qualified from the highly profiled universities.
The college also provides the best infrastructure and the hostel facility.
The canteen food quality is also very good and Indian food is also available in the canteen.
The students who came from SAARC countries get a big discount in tuition fees.
The Rangpur Medical College also arranges the sports activity for the students.
Duration of Study in Rangpur Medical College
The Rangpur Medical College is providing five years of MBBS course to the students plus one year internship program. The students can pursue their internships at their home countries as well.
The 5 years of MBBS course get endorsed by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC).In an internship of one year Rangpur Medical College provides best hospitals and professionals for their students to make them understand the concepts of each and every aspect of the subject. In five years of duration Rangpur Medical College arranges seminars in that they call highly-qualified professionals to teach their college students.
Faculties of Rangpur Medical College
The faculties vary from department to departments. In Rangpur Medical College do have number of faculties and departments in the college and they are as follows;
- Faculty Of Internal Medicine.
Faculty of Cardiology.
Faculty of Gynae & Obstetrics.
Faculty of Otolaryngology (ENT).
Faculty of Anesthesiology.
Faculty of Neuromedicine.
Faculty of Dermatology & Venereology.
Faculty of Dentistry.
Faculty of General Surgery.
Faculty of Clinical Pathology.
Faculty of Neurosurgery.
Faculty of Physical Medicine.
Faculty of Orthopedics & Traumatology.
Faculty of Transfusion Medicine.
Faculty of Radiology & Imaging.
Faculty of Radiotherapy.
Faculty of Psychiatry.
Faculty of Ophthalmology.
Faculty of Endocrine & Metabolic diseases.
Faculty of Pediatrics.
Faculty of Gastroenterology.
Faculty of Neonatology.
Faculty of Respiratory Medicine.
Faculty of Pediatric Nephrology.
Faculty of Pediatric Surgery.
Faculty of Urology.
Faculty of Hematology Medicine.
Faculty of Hepatology Medicine.
Rangpur Medical College Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Rangpur Medical College
There are certain criteria, all aspiring students need to fulfill and be careful about before admission which is as follows -
- The students should have completed their 17 years of age while taking admissions for MBBS.
- NEET is not that compulsory. There is a Center government’s test which needs to be cleared before taking admission in Rangpur Medical College.
- The students who come under the caste criteria like SC/ ST/ OBC must have achieved 45% in their HSC examination i.e., in Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- The students who are in the General category must have achieved 60% in their HSC examination i.e., in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The students need to submit all the required documents at the time of admission.
Admission Process of Rangpur Medical College
Rangpur Medical College admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1:The students who got qualified for the MBBS program must have to fill the application form completely.
- Step 2:The student needs to submit all the scanned copies of their documents to the college.
- Step 3: After completing this process the college will send an invitation letter to the selected candidates.
- Step 4:The students need to apply for the valid visa as soon as possible.
- Step 5:The students must have their passports while taking admission in MBBS.
- Step 6:After the above process the students become a part of Rangpur Medical College.
Documents required for admission at Rangpur Medical College
For being eligible make sure to have proper and valid documents before applying to any university and for Rangpur Medical College the documents are listed below-
- The mark sheets of 10th and 12th are must.
- The copy of the completely filled application form.
- Students have to submit their Transfer/ Leaving Certificates.
- The students who attempted the NEET exam have to submit the copy of their results.
- Caste certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Current covi-19 test report.
- Students who are coming from other countries need to submit their Migration certificate.
- ID Proof.
- Passport size photos.
- Receipt of tuition fees paid for 1st year.
Syllabus of MBBS in Rangpur Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Rangpur Medical College
Rangpur Medical College does have the best hostel facility in the college premises. The infrastructure of the hostel rooms is recommendable, and the hostel room rates are cheap.
- The hostel rooms are spacious and fully furnished.
- The rooms are shared among the students.
- The boys’ hostel and girls’ hostel are separated but situated in the premises.
- Students get the 3 time meal in the hotel canteen whereas Indian food is also available for the students.
- If the students want to cook by themselves they can cook in the common kitchen.
- Rangpur Medical College provides the free internet services to the students who are in the hostel.
- There is also the arrangement of libraries, cafes, restaurants, hospitals near the hostel.
- There is one recreation area in the hostel in which they have given the facility of reading room, storeroom, and the guest room.
- The facility of laundry, gym, sports is also there in the hostel.
The cost of living in Bangladesh is way cheaper than other countries. Living in Bangladesh requires $463 which is 1.59 times less expensive than the world average. In the survey of affordable living cost countries which is taken among 197 countries, Bangladesh ranked 183rd in 197 countries. It is also ranked 124th for the best country to live in.
The students want to pursue the MBBS course, Bangladesh can be the best choice for them because the colleges in Bangladesh have affordable fees structure and also provide quality education and Rangpur Medical college is one of the oldest colleges and very well renowned for its quality of education.
It is located in the divisional city of Rangpur which is the oldest town in Bangladesh. It is in the northern side of Bangladesh, so the cost of living in Rangpur is way cheaper than other cities of Bangladesh.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
In all over the world there are lot of students who takes admission in MBBS course every year, but why one should choose Bangladesh for their MBBS course.
- Bangladesh is known for its greenery and the three largest rivers of Asia flow through Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh is one of the countries providing quality education in affordable fees structure.
- The cost of living in Bangladesh is also much cheaper than other countries.
- The colleges in Bangladesh are affiliated to various medical councils such as MCI, NMC, and WHO.
- The hostel facilities and infrastructure is very well furnished and maintained.
- The students can practice anywhere all over the globe only if they need to clear the MCI screening test.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
There are certain benefits of doing MBBS in Bangladesh which are as follows:
- The degree in MBBS from Bangladesh Medical University is acknowledged by WHO and UNESCO and that is why it is accepted globally.
- No donation is required while taking admission in Bangladesh Medical University.
- There is no entrance test required for taking admission in MBBS in Bangladesh.
- The students who pursue their medical study in Bangladesh get great opportunities in multinational hospitals all over the globe.
- The quality of education and infrastructure of hostels is really very good as compared to other countries.
- For students the seminars and practical based knowledge is provided to enhance their skills.
- The hospitals in which the students pursue their internships are very well- equipped and maintained.
- In Bangladesh some colleges have their own hospitals for the practice of their college students.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Rangpur Medical College
- RMC helps the students in filling up the application forms without any mistakes.
- RMC helps the students in selecting the universities according to the student’s criteria.
- The RMC provides detailed information to the students and their parents about the college.
- RMC helps during admission process like in visa, passport, traveling, scholarships, accommodations, etc
- We also help the students in getting education loans and insurances easily.
- We utilize the best resources to provide the best options for the student’s which match the parameters of the student’s such as budget, ability, aptitude, and field of interest, etc.
- We not only give the information about the college but we do provide accurate information about the environment, culture, admission process, documents required, etc.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much time does the admission require?
Once you submit the filled application form then University will send you an invitation and it will require 3-4 months.
Is doing MBBS in Bangladesh beneficial?
Yes, it is beneficial because the universities provide quality education and give a lot of benefits and learning to their students and the degree is recognized all over the world.
Do students from SAARC Countries get any advantage?
Yes, the students from SAARC countries do not need to pay tuition fees.
What is the duration of pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh?
It will take 5 year plus 1 year internship total 6 year or MBBS program.
Is the entrance exam compulsory for MBBS in Bangladesh?
No it is not compulsory to give entrance exam to take admission in Bangladesh Medical University.
For taking admission in Bangladesh Medical University do we need to pay donations?
No, the students don’t need to pay donations to the colleges.