Rangamati Medical College
The Rangamati Medical College(RmMc) is a newly built medical college in the town of Rangamati, Bangladesh. It was the 29th medical college established in the neighboring nation in 2014 and was inaugurated by Prime minister Sheikh Hasina. It is operating as a temporary campus in the premises of Rangamati General Hospital. It has a strength of 300 students out of which 200 are undergraduates. It also admits 51 students each year. The newly formed college offers a 5 year-long course for MBBS just like in India with a mandatory 1 year of the internship program. It also has BDS courses. The 5-year course has all required subjects like gynecology, physiology, neurology etc.
Also, it prepares you for FMGE.The current principal is Mr.Preeti Prasun Barua. The college facilities including the laboratories available for students are highly efficient, up to date and immensely safe. To make the students physically active and healthy, also for overall personality development they have various games and sports played in the college. Extra curricular is a major factor in building excellence and this is what RmMC believes in. The alumni are all established practitioners and researchers working across the globe. The college is recently made but has made its place in one of the most renowned institutions of Bangladesh.
The admission process is also really easy to do and requires just a little diligence. There is also an admission committee formed to look into matters related to that which have the Principal, vice principal, Superintendent of General Hospital, All heads of departments, Associate Professors, Hostel superintendent and others as it’s members And as the motive says “Dedication, Devotion and Discipline.” These are the most essential part of building a bright career and it also forms the definition of a good doctor.
Affiliation and Recognition of Rangamati Medical College
- RmMC is affiliated with the Chittagong university and the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) has also recognized it.
Why study MBBS at Rangamati Medical College
- They provide excellent faculty of experienced teachers and doctors.
- The extremely modern technologies used is an icing on the cake.
- The safety measures taken be it in the laboratories or the hostel premises.
- The scenic beauty which adds to all the benefits since the college is located in the beautiful Rangamati hill district.
- There is a very limited strength of students because fewer students and more focus on building the professionals of tomorrow!
- The university has a very low fee which ultimately makes it a good choice.
- There are many Indian students as well so it shows the diversity and acceptance of cultures there.
- The Rangamati Medical University scholarship programs, which aims to provide financial assistance to those in need.
Quick highlights about Rangamati Medical College
Advantages of MBBS at Rangamati Medical College
- It is in close vicinity to many facilities like banks, bus and train stations, airports and ATMs so it becomes easy for students.
- Bangladesh gives an opportunity of pursuing MBBS to students of every financial background due to its low fee structure.
- There is also availability of scholarships in certain cases.
- There is no donation needed.
- The medium of communication and teaching is English which helps every student coming from India or maybe the west as well!
- Most importantly a great advantage for Indians is that they can travel to Bangladesh without a visa but a valid passport (at least 1.5years of validity).
Duration of Study in Rangamati Medical College
- The course is of 5 years with a compulsory one year of an internship program for exposure and professional experience.
- The duration is similar to India unlike, some other nations where it is of 6 years.
Faculties of Rangamati Medical College
There are various types of faculties and suffice to say that it covers all important fields and subjects.
- Faculty of Anatomy
Faculty of Physiology
Faculty of Biochemistry
Faculty of Community Medicine
Faculty of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Faculty of Microbiology
Faculty of Pathology
Faculty of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Faculty of Nephrology
Faculty of Endocrinology
Faculty of Anesthesiology
Faculty of Internal Medicine
Faculty of General surgery
Faculty of Gynecology and obstetrics
Faculty of Pediatrics
Faculty of Ophthalmology
Faculty of Orthopedic Surgery
Faculty of Pediatric Surgery
Faculty of Cardiology
Faculty of Urology
Faculty of Hematology
Faculty of Herpetology
Faculty of Dermatology and venereology
Faculty of Radiology and Imaging
Faculty of Blood transfusion
Faculty of Radiotherapy
Faculty of Maxillofacial and oral surgery
Faculty of Otolaryngology
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Rangamati Medical College
There are certain criteria, all aspiring students need to fulfill and be careful about before admission which is as follows -
- The candidate must be at least 17 years old.
- He/she must own a valid passport.
- The candidate must have a required score in the UG medical entrance examination and the university MCQs test.
- For India, a NEET UG score is required.
- He/she must have at least 60% marks in 10+2 examinations in biology and equivalent subjects.
Admission Process of Rangamati Medical College
Rangamati Medical College admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1:The candidate should fill an application form, submit the fee and all documents required on the official website.
- Step 2:Admission will strictly be based on the eligibility criteria mentioned above. According to that, the merit list will be prepared.
- Step 3:Then admission letters will be provided to students based on the merit list generated.
- Step 4:Candidates seeking admission must appear for the entrance examination of RmMC but students would require their respective medical entrance score like that of NEET UG/PG.
- Step 5:The last step is the interview according to which the final admission would take place.
Documents required for admission at Rangamati Medical College
For being eligible make sure to have proper and valid documents before applying to any university and for RmMC the documents are listed below-
- Entrance exam admit card
- Allotment letter
- Entrance exam rank card
- Hall ticket of 10th examination and the mark sheet
- Hall ticket of 12th examination and the mark sheet
- Diploma mark sheet (for students who have it)
- For master’s students' certificates and mark sheets of the degree.
- Original transfer certificate
- Valid ID proofs like passport, aadhaar card, voter ID, license etc.
- 5 stamp size current photos
- Income certificate
- Medical certificate (which includes Covid test reports)
Syllabus of MBBS in Rangamati Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Rangamati Medical College
There are separate hostels for boys and girls with utmost care and safety measures. There are enough space for all students pursuing Master's and bachelor’s degrees.
- Indoor and outdoor games room
- Reading room
- Dining hall
- Common rooms with televisions
- It all wraps up in about 23-40 lakhs (INR). (INCLUDING THE HOSTEL FACILITY)
- The cost of living in Bangladesh is slightly higher than India.
- The rent rates around 16% lower in Bangladesh than India.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- It provides world-class education and at low rates unlike Western countries.
- Bangladesh has given some of the greatest leaders, and professionals, etc.
- There is an easy admission procedure and least cost for that too.
- The infrastructure and a vast variety of streams available catch everybody’s attention.
- It has University recognized by WHO as well.
- The culture of Bangladesh and India matches a lot and hence it’s a friendly place to live in.
- From the safety point of view, Bangladesh is extremely safe for the students, local or international.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- Living cost is similar to India
- Practical and professional experience and training
- Weather and adaptable environment
- Low food, medical and travel costs.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Rangamati Medical College
- RMC education center provides an easy and hassle-free way to deal with admission complications.
- We make sure that the cost is feasible.
- We are always available for any kind of assistance for the visa, forms, or anything else.
- We provide all the assistance and guides for student loans and scholarships.
- We only use authentic sources for the procedure and information.
- We will give you the best of options related to your field of interest and will make sure about affordability, accessibility, accommodation, aptitude, etc.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the eligibility for IELTS/TOEFL required?
How is the placement?
The placement of all Bangladesh institutions is very good and each year all the medical students get the required guidance for placements globally. The doctors get established in their respective fields in a short period.
Is there an in-campus hostel facility?
What are other courses apart from MBBS?
There is BDS as well with a wide range of subjects to choose from Nausheen Ali Nizami