Northern International Medical College
Northern International Medical College is a eminent Private Medical College located in House# 84, Road# 8/A (new), Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209, Bangladesh . It was established in 2005. It is acknowledged as one of the best Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Director Prof.A Y M Abdullah ( Ph.D) with Principal Prof. Dr. Biswas Akhtar Hossain led a dynamic team of excellent academic staff and 450+ undergraduates . Moreover, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) has recognised MBBS degree and is affiliated by University of Dhaka. In addition, the courses are approved by UGC and the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
The College is famous for its innovative advances both in technological and educational basis . It’s an WDOMS enlisted Medical College which mainly aims at providing holistic education by incorporating advanced teaching techniques, modern and innovative activities and giving opportunities to represent College in various national and international scientific forums with excellent professors which expose them to a new world. It gives an inspirable and knowledgeable platform to its students. It has a 500 bedded hospital which is active all round the clock.
Affiliation and Recognition of Northern International Medical College
- Affiliated by University of Dhaka
- Courses are approved by UGC
- It is recognized under MCI and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- Permission by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- NMC, MCI and WHO recognized the College
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), FAIMER, the USA, which will enable doctors to appear at ECFMG and other entrance examinations in the United States or Any European Countries or Australia.
Why Study MBBS degree at Northern International Medical College ?
- Minimal package- Though it’s a top class College but it still doesn't ask for ransom fees. It fits in the pocket of the middle and lower class.
- Quality education- Provide holistic education to students helping them excel in every sphere. Besides, the highly qualified professors guide them to learn every aspect of their degree and career in both theoretical and practical ways. It gives extra foreign exposure to plan up an international medical career.
- College us equipped with advanced technology with top notch facilities like an exemplary laboratory, spacious classrooms, departmental museums ,library, reading rooms, research rooms, cafeterias, sports complexes etc.
- It encourages teamwork culture, medical research and guides through different scores like extensive lectures, group projects, practical field workshops, eminent alumni meets etc.
- In addition to this , they provide practical knowledge and guidance from an early stage. So, the experience earned from these practises proves to be helpful for the future in advancing the career.
- It provides different types of education in medicine and help in specialisation as well as research work.
- Excellent specious campus, chances to join different clubs, cultural activities, sports and extracurricular activities.
- Maintains a good decorum and order with regard to hostels and sanitation facilities. (Separate are available for boys and girls)
- Overall, the college offers medical education, medical research and health care facilities. It offers a four and half year course of MBBS study degree with a year of internship after graduation.
- Perks of neighbouring Country- Language, way of living ,customs etc. are quite same as India. Climate condition is quite similar so it becomes easy for students to get settle down. In addition to, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
- The medium of education is English, so it becomes quite easier for students to adapt and grasp studies efficiently.
Quick highlights about Northern International Medical College
Advantages of MBBS at Northern International Medical College
Some of the advantages of studying MBBS at Northern International Medical College are as follows:
- The fees of the college is low when compared with the Indian Private Medical College.
- The curriculum syllabus designed by Northern International Medical College is fully based on all round development of a student.
- Have highly professional Medical staff with modern amenities.
- The theoretical teaching is complemented by value-based studies , practical field workshops, case-based learnings and guided research works.
- Students studying here develop a high level of medical skills with regard to research techniques and Methodology.
- Moreover, they gain the ability to apply their knowledge in an appropriate way when it comes to medical practises .
- Northern International Medical College provides students foreign exposure helping them to build their careers at International level.
- It exposes the practical world early on. They treat people under proper guidance and gain experience side by side with their studies.
Duration of Study in Northern International Medical College
It takes 6 years to complete graduation in Northern International Medical College , Bangladesh. The duration of study is divided into two parts :-
- 5 years – graduation classroom study ( theoretical and research based )
- 1 year – Internship ( Practical and experience based)
For obtaining registration from BMDC to practise Medicine, Internship is a prerequisite factor.
Facilities of Northern International Medical College
- Academic campus of the college is spacious and well acknowledged departments that make it unique .
- Northern International Medical College provides Top notch facilities like spacious classrooms , research centres, departmental museums ,library , reading rooms, cafeteria, sports complexes etc.
- To furnish the clear understanding of students they have well equipped classes , advanced laboratories and exemplary research centres. Moreover, It has seven storied buildings for library purposes.
- In addition to this, It has a full time faculty system, excellent professors and friendly staff.
- To eradicate the problem of language barrier, College system is solely based on English as their primary language.
- College has a good administrative system.
- Sanitation and hygiene are specially taken care of .
- It has an excellent hostel system – separate for both boys and girls .
- Indian foods are served to students. So, Indian get adapted pretty quickly
- Anti-ragging environment.
- They have full air conditioned seminar halls, lecture halls, debate and conference halls.
- Digital smart classrooms with informative websites
- Many scholarship programs are held to help unprivileged students.
Faculties of Northern International Medical College
- General Medicine (MBBS)
- Public Health (Master)
- Clinical (Medical) Psychology
- Social Work
- Adaptive Physical Training
- Economy and Finances
Northern International Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Northern International Medical College Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Northern International Medical College
Admission Test is conducted by Director General of Health Services centrally and it is supervised strictly.
Some major highlights are:-
- The students seeking to apply should be 17 years of age or above by 31st July and less than 25 years old.
- Students should have cleared 10th and 12th securing marks more than 60% or 7 GPA.
- Qualifying the NEET exam is an essential criteria for admission.
- Applicants have to go under gross medical examination as students having physical, mental and refractory disorders can’t be admitted .
Admission Process of Northern International Medical College
Northern International Medical College admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1:To get into Northern International Medical College , a student must have appeared for the NEET exam.
- Step 2:Students securing 60 % of marks in all 3 subjects in NEET is prerequisite
- Step 3:Subjects prerequisite to get into Northern International Medical College are BIOLOGY, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY.
- Step 4:If students meet all the criteria of admission, then they can apply for admission directly in their website:-
- Download ‘MBBS Admission forms from website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry (www.mofa.gov.bd) and fill with your medical choices.
- You have to pay $60(subject to change) in a bank of your country in favour of DGHS to get the receipt.
- Submit the documents, receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy for grade equivalency and permission from Bangladesh.
- Send the required documents for a provisional letter of the college for booking a swat for you.
- After receiving a permission letter and grade equivalency certificate, you can proceed with admission.
- Step 5:The application goes through a strict evaluation under the Director General of Health Services.
- Step 6:DGHS arranges an admission test called Chittagong Medical University Entrance exam and based on this merit students get a chance to get admission.
- Step 7:A waiting list was also published. If any seat remains vacant after the admission deadline then, waiting list students can go for admission .
Documents required for admission at Northern International Medical College
- Birth Certificate
- NEET report card
- Photocopies of the documents should be attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- Photocopy of valid passport ( passports within 3 months of validation)
- Health certificate
- Passport size photos ( 2 recently clicked photos )
- High School completion board certificate
- 12th class completion board certificate
- Invitation letter
Syllabus of MBBS in Northern International Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Northern International Medical College
Northern International Medical College has an exemplary Hostel with proper sanitation and hygiene. There are hostels exclusively for girls . The hostel is guided under strict supervision for ensuring the safety of students. Some other features are :-
- Located in Urban areas so, quite good transportation system is available
- High security standard
- Reading Rooms , in hostel libraries
- Kitchen and TV are also available.
- Cafeteria – it provides Indian foods as a large number of Indians study there.
- Hostel offers choice between single occupancy or sharing.
- It provides a good study surrounding
- Wi-Fi facilities with 24 hours electricity and internet broadband.
- Cost of living in Bangladesh is quite low, so the hostel fees fit in the pocket.
- Equipped with modern amenities and ultra modern infrastructure for accommodation.
- Internet, laundry, college canteen, Mess at each block and other basic things are available.
- 24 hour hospital, police, total security, water supply etc. Services
- Provide other facilities like library, research labs, sports complexes, extracurricular centers
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is a hotspot for medical students. It attracts thousands and thousands of students
- Bangladesh offers a wide range of varieties in Medical College with low fees.
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate is very high which is needed in India for practice.
- English is the official language of colleges so, there is no need to learn any other language.
- Cost of Living in Bangladesh is quite low
- Bangladesh Medical colleges believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their
- Bangladesh Government made many scholarship programs to help the needy student
to complete their MBBS degree.
- It’s the neighbouring Country of India so, it has many things in common.
- Perks of neighbouring countries- Language, way of living ,customs etc. are quite the same as India.
- They serve Indian foods and people seems to be friendly so, it becomes easy to reside there
- Climate conditions are quite similar so it becomes easy for students to settle down.
- In addition, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- It is easy to apply for admission in Bangladesh
- Minimal package
- Colleges give foreign exposure which act a excellent foundation in career
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate is very high which is needed in India for medical practice.
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge make a excellent student as well as doctor
- Bangladesh Medical colleges believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their quality teaching.
- Many of the Bangladesh Medical colleges provide direct admission without sitting for Entrance exam
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Northern International Medical College
- RMC Educational Service Centre coordinately assist students from starting with filling of
the application form to the admission process completely gets over.
- During Admission process , we provide utmost help to make your journey smoother .
- We assist students in every step by providing instruction and guidance.
- We help students to get students’ loans and insurances .
- We inform students about the topics related to Medical College like eligibility, facilities, Admission process etc.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there any hostel facilities in Northern International Medical College?
Yes, Northern International Medical College provides hostel facilities to its students with High security standards and ultra-modern infrastructure. They provide separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
Do we need to appear in any entrance exam to get enrolled in?
Even after qualifying NEET you have to appear for the Admission test in order to get admission.
Is Northern International Medical College approved by MCI?
Yes, MCI approved it so, the students of Northern International Medical Collegecan apply to practice in India.
How are the professors and staff of Northern International Medical College ?
Professors and staff are very friendly. As written in the above article, this college has the best faculties and staff who guide and help them throughout your study period. They act as a path finder for you.
Are there any provisions of scholarships?
Yes, the Northern International Medical College has provision for scholarship programs. They help both national and international unprivileged students.