North Bengal Medical College and Hospital
NBMCH (North Bengal Medical College and Hospital) was established in 2000
after the permission of the People’s Republic Bangladesh’ Government. Situated on the scenic
bank of Jamuna River. This establishment of excellence is spread around 6.17 acres of land
in Sirajganj, Bangladesh.
The campus is surrounded by a pastoral scene with a mix of old heritage and modern
architecture. The college is affiliated with University of Dhaka and
approved and recognized by BMDC, NMC, FAIMER, WHO, etc.
If somewhere there is a list of dream jobs, being a doctor is on the top especially in Asian
countries, especially in India. Every year lakhs of students strive to crack NEET to get
into the best medical colleges in India. One is lucky if got admitted to NBMCH.
Due to extreme completion many students are left behind often due to mere fractions. And most
parents are not able to afford through the roof fees and donations for private medical
colleges. That’s when foreign countries come to the salvage of Indian Medical students.
Many foreign medical universities and colleges like NBMCH Bangladesh. Are offering MBBS and
other professional courses at affordable rates and universal credibility. Something many
Indian private medical colleges can’t offer.
Many students nowadays are opting to study MBBS in North Bengal Medical College & Hospital
Bangladesh. And- in today’s time Bangladesh has become a hub for a career in medicine.
Affordable rates and high-quality infrastructure makes studying MBBS
in Bangladesh more attractive.
Quick Information About North Bengal Medical College And Hospital
The people’s republic of Bangladesh is a South Asian neighboring country of India. It’s
located on the Bay of Bengal and is surrounded by India. On all except for a small border
with Burma. It’s the 6th most populous country in Asia.
Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh is also the largest city in Bangladesh. Bangladesh is
situated on a delta of large rivers flowing into the Ganga and Brahmaputra region. The
climate is warm and humid monsoon all year long. Till now there has been no record of
temperature below zero which also resulted in all of its lush green glory. Known for its
natural beauty, Bangladesh is also the home of Bengal tigers.
The economic system in Bangladesh is mainly traditional based on inheritance and primitive
methods with Bangladeshi Taka as its currency.
Apart from that, Bangladesh is a member of the Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA). And the
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
Why study MBBS in NBMCH (North Bengal Medical College) Sirajganj?
As the saying goes, “good things come in small packages”; Bangladesh is relatively smaller
than India. But this should be kept in mind in regards to the quality of education poured by
the country. In the minds of young and ambitious students.
In this small country, students will study in the top colleges/universities of Bangladesh in
the field of medical science. To study MBBS in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj.
Students from a country like India, Nepal among others apply to get their medical degrees
making it a hotspot of medicinal studies.
North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj is recognized. And approved by various medical,
science, education, and health organization in the world:
NMC –National Medical Commission of India
ECFMG-Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
FAIMER’s IMED -Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education
and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
ACGME– Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
MCC – Medical Council of Canada
WHO –World Health Organization
BMDC -Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
Approved by University of
Because of this, any student with an MBBS degree from North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj
is allowed to write various exams. Like USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing
Examination) PLAB (The Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board). The
screening test was conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the
observation of MCI. To create a better career in Medicine and practice all over the globe.
MBBS from North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj and all over education has seen a remarkable
evolution. In terms of quality and infrastructure. MBBS fee structure (including tuition,
food, accommodation, and quality of living) is comparatively lower than other European and
The following are the reasons why international students should prefer to study. MBBS in
North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj:
- The first thing we look for in colleges abroad is the standard and quality of education
and Bangladesh does it right. The educational infrastructure is comparatively more
developed than other European and western countries.
- With the standard of education comes a cost. And MBBS in (NBMCH) North Bengal Medical
College Sirajganj is even affordable. Then some private Indian medical colleges. The
average fee for a degree from Bangladesh MBBS college is around 24 -30 lakhs.
- To study MBBS in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj means getting opportunities.
Sometimes even Indian medical colleges lack behind in providing. Bangladesh MBBS
colleges/universities give their students opportunities to attend various seminars/
conferences. And research projects happening all over the globe get more exposure and
become better doctors in the future.
medical university administration appoints the best faculties among the lot from
around the world. And most of them are industry experts giving students more practical
exposure in the field of medicine.
- Parents sending their students don’t have to worry about their safety as the residence
provided as well the campus is highly secured. By keeping the best interests of students
- Another positive attribute is that classes are never crowded and the strength of
students kept classes is comparatively lower. Then other colleges across the globe
automatically increasing the quality of education.
- Indian students who study in NBMCH Bangladesh have MCI approved degree. Which makes it
easier for them to come back and practice in India.
To make a more sound decision:
Students who aspire to study MBBS in NBMCH Bangladesh. Or in any other country abroad should
make sure they keep a calm mind. And do their own research from various sources instead of
listing following everyone blindly. Here are some pointers to help make the right decision:
- A degree in MBBS from North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj University is globally
- No admission test is required to study MBBS in NBMCH Bangladesh medical college.
- No ulterior donation is demanded apart from the MBBS fee in Bangladesh
- MBBS students in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj are provided with the
opportunities to intern in various renowned hospitals and medical facilities.
- The climate in Bangladesh is relatively similar to the Indian climate.
- Due to shared history, there’s an abundance of good quality Indian food and restaurants.
- There is an abundance of flights available from Bangladesh to India in case of
emergencies. Even other modes of transport are available at affordable rates.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission In MBBS In North Bengal Medical College
- It is compulsory to qualify NEET to study MBBS in NBMCH.
- The student must have qualified an examination like HS/’A’ level or any equivalent exam
to become eligible for MBBS admission in NBMCH.
- The student should not have passed the Class 10th/ SSC/ ‘O’ level examination before
2017 to apply for admission in NBMCH.
- Students should not have passed the 12th/ HSC/ “O” Level examination before 2019.
- The minimum aggregate GPA that the student has to secure in Class 10th/ SSC/ ‘O’ level
or equivalent examination is 7.
- Min. GPA in SSC or any equivalent examination and HSC or equivalent examination is 3.5
for admission in NBMCH.
- THE minimum GP that you need to secure in Biology of 12th level is 3.5.
- To calculate the GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level examination or any
equivalent examination, the top 5 marks in the subjects are calculated. Hence the GPA in
‘O’ level is calculated as Total marks in all top 5 subjects/ 5.
- To calculate the GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level examination or any
equivalent examination, the top 3 marks in the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and
Biology) are calculated. Hence the GPA in ‘A’ level is calculated as Total marks in all
top 3 subjects/ 3.
- The student cannot have more than a 1-year gap after 12th class. It means that the
student should have completed their 12th examination in 2019 or after that.
Admission process for MBBS in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj:
- North Bengal Medical College admission process is very straight forward and easy.
- Attesting of class 10 & 12 marks sheets, pass certificate [if issued], and Admit cards
from Bangladesh High Commission, Delhi to apply for NBMCH admission.
- Then send the attested documents to the respective medical college you are applying for.
- Pay to book seat and insurance for North Bengal Medical College admission.
- After the issue of the offer letter, you need to apply for an Equivalence certificate
from DGHS, submit an application and attested marks sheets in Bangladesh Deputy High
Commission, Kolkata along with 60 $ payment for DGHS approval [need to apply within
deadline announced by the authorities].
- An Equivalent certificate from DGHS Bangladesh will be issued at Bangladesh and the
respective college will issue a confirmed North Bengal Medical College admission letter.
- Pay the remaining (balance) payment of 1st year for North Bengal Medical College
- The student must apply for a student visa with the following documents to take admission
in NBMCH MBBS:
- Class 10 & 12-Admit card, mark sheet & certificate.
- Admission letter & Equivalence Certificate.
- TT copy [college fees transfer].
- Birth certificate
- 2 copies of passport size photo.
- Original Passport
- Then the students need to report to the college before the deadline for reporting in
North Bengal Medical College And Hospital (NBMCH) Tuition Fees 2023-24
For Food Approx 30 to 40 USD Per Month
NOTE: All the figures given in INR are according to the previous year's exchange rate.
Please cross-check the US Dollar rate before making any payment
- $1 = Rs.80(it may vary)
- Mentioned fee are approximate and it may change as per the change in currency
- The hostel facility is covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees.
- Cooking is allowed in the hostel and charges are covered in North Bengal Medical College
- Food in mess and canteen is not covered under North Bengal Medical College tuition fees.
- Books, stationery, uniform, laptop, etc cost up to INR 7000/ year.
- Bangladesh SIM cards, WIFI is not covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees
and costs around 600 Bangladeshi Taka.
- The cost of air travel during holidays can be around INR 18,000/trip.
- Reappearing in any exam, the supplementary test fee is not covered in North Bengal
Medical College tuition fees and costs around 500 Bangladeshi Taka/test.
- Recognition and registration from University of Dhaka of
BMDC are covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees.
- Student visa application for extension is not covered under North Bengal Medical College
tuition fees and cost about 2000 Bangladeshi Taka/year.
North Bengal Medical College and Hospital (NBMCH) – College Rules
It is needless to emphasize that a very high degree of sense of integrity, self-esteem, and
discipline is expected from a medical student.
- Discipline is an important pillar of North Bengal Medical College & Hospital and must be
maintained both inside and outside.
- Students are required to wear a white full-sleeved apron while attending the classes and
ward duties in the hospital. Within the college and hospital camps, they should carry
the identity card.
- Female students of North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj shall wear light-colored
salwar – kameez with preferred shoes with the full-sleeved apron.
- Fashionable dresses, shabby/untidy appearance are to be avoided. Prescribed dress
includes a white shirt, navy blue trousers, black shoes/white ked, and white
full-sleeved apron for male students.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj campus which
includes the college, hospital, canteen, and hostel.
- Pasting of posters and graphitizing on the walls of North Bengal Medical College,
hospital, and hostel premises shall be deemed serious acts of indiscipline on the part
of students responsible for it and they shall be dealt with accordingly.
- Abstentions from classes in groups or collectively without prior permission or valid
reasons shall be considered as acts of indiscipline. And shall be punishable with the
imposition of fine and other forms of punishment. Guardians shall be informed of such
activities of their wards.
- Drug and alcohol abuse tantamount to moral turpitude and such offenders are liable to
expulsion from North Bengal Medical College & Hospital.
- Political activities shall not be encouraged in North Bengal Medical College & Hospital.
- At the time of admission, both the student and his/her guardian shall furnish a bond.
That the student shall abide by the rules and regulations of North Bengal Medical
College, hospitals, and hostels.
- A high-powered disciplinary committee exists in North Bengal Medical College & Hospital
which is endowed with the responsibility. To deal with and take necessary actions in
relation to any report or charge of the disciplinary actions brought against any student
in the college.
- Prescribed textbooks, stationery, dissecting instruments, laptops, medical equipment,
etc. Have to be bought by the student only. North Bengal Medical College & Hospital will
not provide for it.
- A minimum of 75% attendance is required to sit in North Bengal Medical College &
Hospital professional exam. In case of unavoidable reasons a written statement must be
presented by the parents/guardian to the teachers concerned to get the principal’s
- Students must qualify the eligibility criteria as per University of Dhaka and
BMDC and clear all the dues as it could hinder their chance to sit in the professional
- All North Bengal Medical College & Hospital MBBS students must undergo internship
training for 1 year as per the rules. And directions of BMDC (Bangladesh Medical and
MBBS in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj FAQ
Is NEET required for perusing MBBS in NBMCH (North Bengal Medical
College & Hospital) Sirajganj?
Yes to secure a seat in MBBS in NBMCH Bangladesh you need the minimum qualifying
Is the quality of MBBS in North Bengal Medical College Sirajganj up
While the curriculum of MBBS in NBMCH (North Bengal Medical College & Hospital)
Sirajganj remains similar to India, they have better infrastructure facilities
and more exposure to practical knowledge.
What is the average cost for a degree in MBBS from NBMCH (North
Bengal Medical College & Hospital) Sirajganj?
An MBBS fee in NBMCH is US$38000 (INR 27 Lac).
What are the various major departments in NBMCH (North Bengal Medical
College & Hospital)?
- Orthopedics and trauma
- Gynecology and obstetrics