Mymensingh Medical College
Mymensingh Medical College is a public medical college and hospital in Mymensingh, Bangladesh. College Affiliated with Dhaka University and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University that gives MBBS, BDS, and postgraduate courses in 27 disciplines (BSMMU). per annum, 197 students are admitted to MBBS and 52 to BDS courses, with 10% of them being foreign students. A total of 138 students are admitted to varied postgraduate courses.It was founded in Baghmara in 1924 as the "Lytton school of medicine," after the then-Governor of Bengal, Mr. Lytton. Until 1962, the school of medicine offered the Licentiate of Medical Faculty (LMF). Mymensingh Medical College was established in 1962, and therefore the first batch of 32 students enrolled within the MBBS programme (M 01).
Mymensingh Medical Journal is the official journal of Mymensingh Medical College and is indexed in Index Medicus and MEDLINE.In 1972, the campus was relocated to Charpara on an 84-acre plot of land. A four-story College building with a floor area of 18,000 square meters was constructed. The hospital and college buildings are next to every other.
A four-story College building with a floor area of 18,000 square meters was constructed. The hospital and college buildings are next to every other. The hospital is situated on 58 acres of land (additional 5.7 acres for S. K. hospital). Mymensingh Medical College Hospital features a total capacity of 1000 beds.
A four-story College building with a floor area of 18,000 square meters was constructed.The hospital and college buildings are next to every other. The hospital is situated on 58 acres of land (additional 5.7 acres for S. K. hospital). Mymensingh Medical College Hospital features a total capacity of 1000 beds.
Preclinical and paraclinical disciplines are housed within the College building, while clinical disciplines are housed within the Hospital building.
Postgraduate courses in 27 disciplines are offered by Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) and Dhaka University, additionally to MBBS and BDS programmes. MD residency in five disciplines, MS residency in four disciplines, MPhil in five disciplines, and Diploma in ten disciplines are among the postgraduate courses. Undergraduate (MBBS and BDS) admissions are handled by DGHS, while postgraduate admissions are handled by BSMMU.
Affiliation and Recognition of Mymensingh Medical College
The Mymensingh Medical College from Bangladesh is accredited by the following organisations:
- National Medical Council (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Ministry Of Education of Bangladesh
Why Study MBBS degree at Mymensingh Medical College ?
- One of the foremost prestigious medical colleges in Bangladesh for MBBS studies. The school provides a
world-renowned medical degree at an inexpensive tuition rate. Highly qualified and reputable professors are available to supply international students with a world-class education.
- For the simplest education, hire experienced professors.
- The best possible learning environment.
- Boys and girls have separate hostel facilities.
- Students have access to completely air-conditioned classrooms.
- Medical schools that are approved by the WHO and MCI/NMC.
- A library with an outsized book collection.
Quick highlights about Mymensingh Medical College
Advantages of MBBS at Mymensingh Medical College
Some of the advantages of studying MBBS at Mymensingh Medical College and hospital are as follows:
- the scholars are safe because it is ragging free secured campus
- it also provides practical knowledge and research for exposure also as for sports clubs, social services and a number of other humanitarians for various accomplishments of scholars
- the school features a cafeteria during which the food is cooked under hygienic conditions and Indian food is additionally available therefore there's no got to leave because it is providing the simplest nutritious healthy subsidized food in college itself with proper hygienic conditions
- A multi-special medication hospital is inside the university which benefits students while doing their clinical practice.
- this will help by providing the very best possible quality of effective care and treatment at a coffee cost
- the school is providing all kinds of medical practical chances to students in their best fully structured academic labs.
- the school hospital is providing good levels of patient satisfaction which is that the main aim of the school
- the town is totally safe
- It also provides 4 professional examinations at the top of the year
- Teachers who are teaching here are experienced and renewed as they studied from top Universities within the world successfully through with their graduation and post-graduation.
- the school also provides extracurricular activities for the scholars to point out flawless creativity
- the school it witnessed an interesting development within the field of education, especially within the field of drugs by providing them exposure to practical knowledge within the medical field
- this is often one among the premium institutes for life science in Dhaka
- the school Provides serene environment for studying
- there's the quality of the clinical training.
- there's the providence of chore in serving others.
- The academy also holds social obligations.
- The school has good clinical susceptibility, excellent medical education, unique infrastructure, and well-equipped laboratories.
- Campus is very secured keeping an important point for maintaining their interest
- you'll easily do both graduation and post-graduation from this school
- Classes are never crowded as compared to other colleges which may be a great point most are searching in colleges due to this pandemic
- IELTS and TOFEL criteria aren't applicable
- Donation isn't required during this college
- No entrance examination is required
- the fashionable facilities like heating system and cooling system, laundry facility and Indian mess within the hostel
- the fashionable facilities like heating system and cooling system, laundry facility also as Indian food within the available in hostel
- connecting flights are easily available
- the school provides you with Girls' Hostel and boys' Hostel in separate spaces
Duration of Study in Mymensingh Medical College
1 year and 6 months for Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry will be First Professional MBBS exam continuing to that 1 year for Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine will be Second Professional MBBS exam followed to that 1 year for pharmacology & therapeutics, microbiology, and Pathology will be Third Professional MBBS exam and lastly 1 year and 6 months for Medicine and allied subjects, Surgery and allied subjects, Obstetrics, and Gynaecology will be Final Professional MBBS exam. MBBS in Mymensingh Medical College and hospital, which is NMC/MCI, WHO, officially approved medical university offers a 5-year course and 1 year of hands-on experience (internship) on the with an affiliated hospital of repute and you can also apply for internships while studying in your spare time I which provides them with a great opportunity for doing an internship A multi-special proximity hospital in its building which benefits students while doing their clinical practice
Faculties of Mymensingh Medical College
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Department of Pathology
- Surgery & Allied
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Medicine & Allied
University also empowers numerous intellectual and non-academic facilities and benefits to students including a library, housing, sports facilities, academic counseling career, institutional hospital as well as organizational services for giving them exposure to a better way of learning and research ensuring the care for their physical and mental health both A multi-special medication hospital is attached with the university which benefits students while doing their clinical practice
Mymensingh Medical College Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Mymensingh Medical College
- Qualifying examinations (HSLC/'A' level) or equivalent examinations must have been passed.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/'O' level or equivalent examinations, as well as HSC/'A' level or equivalent examinations: 7:00 (seven)
- Minimum GPA in SSC/'O' level or equivalent examinations and HSC/'A' level or equivalent examinations: 3.0
- Minimum Biology GPA 3.5 This means that no one will be admitted with less than a 60 in Biology.
- Only the top five subjects are considered for GPA calculation against the mark obtained in the SSC/'O' level or equivalent exam. As a result, the GPA at 'O' level equals (total marks obtained in the top five subjects)/5.
- If the GPA is less than 5, an optional subject will be considered (five).
- Only three subjects (physics, chemistry, and biology) are considered for GPA calculation against the mark obtained in the HSC/'A' level or equivalent exam. As a result, the GPA at 'A' level equals (total marks obtained in top three subjects)/3.
- Students must bring the qualifying marks from their NEET examination.
Admission Process of Mymensingh Medical College
Mymensingh Medical College admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1:Candidates must complete the application form and attach all required documents.
- Step 2:Candidates must submit scanned copies of their high school diplomas and other documents.
- Step 3: Selected students will soon receive an offer letter from Eastern Medical College.
- Step 4:Selected students must pay tuition for the MBBS programme.
- Step 5: Candidates should apply for visas as soon as possible.
- Step 6:Following the completion of the visa processing time, each student will be issued a passport to fly.
Documents required for admission at Mymensingh Medical College
- Certificates of SSC and HSC/equivalent exams
- Photographs in passport size
- Form of application
- Certificate of transfer
- National identification card Medical certificate
- Bank receipt with a valid passport
- NEET scores on a valid passport
- Passing certificate Invitation letter
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of Migration
- Certificate of Caste
- Certificate of HIV testing
- Report on Covid-19
- Certificate of transfer
Syllabus of MBBS in Mymensingh Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Mymensingh Medical College
Mymensingh Medical School Bangladesh Hospital has a multi-story hostel structure with modern amenities. Boys and girls have their own hostels. Eastern Medical College Bangladesh Hostel & Accommodation is listed below:
- Each specialization course includes a well-equipped laboratory.
- A hospital with all ancillary services is located on the college campus.
- Transportation tailored to the needs of college students.
- On a regular basis, extracurricular and co-curricular activities are held.
- There is a cafeteria and canteen on campus and in the hostels that serve fresh and hygienic foods.
- There are more opportunities for Indian students in Bangladesh because 25% of seats in top private and medical colleges are reserved for them.
- If the students are from a SAARC country, they will not have to pay any tuition fees for their medicine course in Bangladesh, only their living expenses.
- There is no need for language training because the medium of instruction for MBBS in Bangladesh is entirely in English.
- The NMC and WHO have recognized every top medical university in Bangladesh, making them globally recognized.
- Direct admission to the MBBS course is available in Bangladesh, with no donation or capitation fees.
A single person estimated monthly costs are 392$ (33,598৳) without rent. The cost of living in Bangladesh is, on average, 53.06% lower than in the United States. Rent in Bangladesh is, on average, 89.32% lower than in the United States. Indian food is also very easily available.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is that the South Asian neighboring country of India
- Mymensingh Medical College and hospital universities are recognized by MCI, WHO
- Sixth hottest country of Asia
- Member of APTA and SAARC
- Pocket-friendly allow studying and living in hostel secured urban campus
- you'll do an internship while studying in Mymensingh Medical College and hospital
- Can easily get internship opportunitiesv
- Globally recognised
- you'll easily get the connecting flights
- providing the staff and students with the entire sense of freedom in learning and teaching processes
- Bangladesh comes under the peak of 10 greatly occupied countries within the world with a population of 162 million.
- Bangladesh colleges and universities organize seminars in order that the scholar can receive a chance to practice in other countries.
- ECFMG Education Council of Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
- Benefits of pursuing your MBBS studies in Bangladesh
- Well-equipped furnishing, infrastructure, faculty
- The authority is providing these hostel facilities at a coffee cost. Students can stay here for the entire educational year in colleges.
- It also organizes health camps
- South Asian neighboring country of India
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Mymensingh Medical College
This is our life. The life that needs proper education for a better carrier is why RMC education is here for the students to seize them with better knowledge through their services. Students can apply for direct admission to Mymensingh Medical College and hospital through RMC Education for MBBS in Bangladesh.
RMC Educational Services Centre is one of the major consultants in the field of international studies as it is working for over 20 years in this field and has been experienced for admission in universities through RMC education of India. It has assisted over 10,000 students with their immigration applications in India. Through overseas education, the agency can support you in achieving your goals in the best universities of Bangladesh. You just have to prepare your bag and documents. Furthermore, they are credible for all major and minor protocols from profile examination to admissions access, and visa procedures among others. We can be among the settlers in profitable overseas education because of the agency's systematic and experienced working style. With the help of the agency, you'll be able to go forward in the appropriate direction with the open door for the way to your success and many more opportunities in the field
The agency deals with the following aspects:
- Application process
- Proper assistance
- Accurate counseling
- Reliable information
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the hostel facility available?
yes, the college also provides you with hostel
How is the college environment?
Eastern Medical College has a pleasant college atmosphere. Which provides excellent infrastructure for students' healthy physical and mental development.