Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
The Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College began its journey in the academic year 1999-2000 with the inspiration of Prime Minister Janonetri Sheikh Hasina, daughter of the Father of the Nation and defender of democracy. Sheikh Fazlul Karim Salim, MP served as the Hon'ble Health Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. Sheikh Kabir Hossain was the Chairman of the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society, and Dr. Md. Maniruzzaman Bhuiyan was the Principal of the Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College.
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital is a project of the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and is governed by a Governing Body comprised of representatives from the sponsoring organization, the University of Dhaka, and the Government of Bangladesh.The College adheres to the Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council MBBS course curriculum.The Government of Bangladesh regulates student qualification criteria, and the University of Dhaka conducts professional examinations and awards certificates of MBBS degree.
It began with 50 students in the academic year 1999-2000. We currently have approximately 978 students, and 140 students are admitted during each academic session, with a maximum of 50% foreign students. Fifteen batches of students have already qualified as doctors, fourteen batches have completed internship training, and the fifteenth batches are currently undergoing internship training at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital (HFRCMCH), a tertiary care hospital founded in 1953 with 720 beds and providing clinical services in all specialties of medical science.
Affiliation and Recognition of Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital, has received official recognition from a variety of organizations in the past
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW)
- Government of Bangladesh and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
Why Study MBBS at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
- Holy Family Medical College is located near India.
- The MBBS program at Holy Family Medical College is only 5 years long. Unlike in some other mbbs abroad programs, students begin their careers a year earlier.
- The educational methods and syllabus are the same as those used in India.
- The cost of attending Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital is significantly lower than the cost of attending any Indian private college (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
- Bangladesh has a lower cost of living than India.
- There is no need to take any language entrance exams (such as IELTS/TOEFL/PTE) to be admitted to Holy Family Medical College for MBBS.
- The local people in Bangladesh are friendly with the Indian students.
Quick highlights about Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Advantages of MBBS in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Consider the following benefits of enrolling in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College for your MBBS education:
- This institute provides health care and education to a large number of recognized professionals and legends in the country's health sector.
- The academic faculty is comprised of highly experienced instructors, and the affiliated hospital is a cutting-edge facility with all of the latest amenities.
- All of this will aid students in gaining the information, talent, and attitude necessary to cope with community health issues, as well as provide a solid foundation for further training and higher education.
- For students, the library has a sufficient number of books as well as IT resources.
- The institution provides hands-on experience in the human side of medical science and prepares students for future advancements in science and health care.
- The goal is to teach students how to improve clinical services so that they can establish quality controls for clinical practices and provide health care to the public.
Duration of Study in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College offers a five-year program with a one-year rotating internship.
- The students will learn both academic and practical parts of English language understanding.
- Under the supervision of a medical specialist, complete a one-year internship in a hospital and learn how to deal with patients.
Faculties of Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
The college empowers numerous intellectual and non-academic facilities and benefits to students including a library, housing, sports facilities, academic counseling career, institutional hospital as well as organizational services for giving them exposure to a better way of learning and research.
- Anatomy Department
- Physiology Department
- Biochemistry Department
- Forensic Medicine
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Fee Structure 2023-24
- $1 = Rs.80(it may vary)
- Mentioned fee are approximate and it may change as per the change in currency
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Medical students must achieve the following basic prerequisites to get MBBS seats at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College:
- Qualifying examinations (HSLC/'A' level) or equivalent examinations must have been passed.
- SSC/'O' level or equivalent examination completed after 2017 (2020-2021 session).
- HSC/'A' level or equivalent examination completed no earlier than 2019 (2020-2021 session).
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/'O' level or equivalent examinations, as well as HSC/'A' level or equivalent examinations: 7:00 (seven)
- Minimum GPA in SSC/'O' level or equivalent examinations and HSC/'A' level or equivalent examinations: 3.0
- Minimum Biology GPA 3.5 This means that no one will be admitted with less than a 60 in Biology.
- Only the top five subjects are considered for GPA calculation against the mark obtained in the SSC/'O' level or equivalent exam. As a result, the GPA at 'O' level equals (total marks obtained in the top five subjects)/5.
- Only three subjects (physics, chemistry, and biology) are considered for GPA calculation against the mark obtained in the HSC/'A' level or equivalent exam. As a result, the GPA at 'A' level equals (total marks obtained in top three subjects)/3.
- Students must bring the qualifying marks from their NEET examination.
Admission Process of Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
The following is the admission procedure for Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College & Hospital that students must follow:
- Step 1: To be admitted to the MBBS program, candidates must complete and submit an application form.
- Step 2: The college holds admissions tests for both government and private medical colleges on the same day and at the same time.
- Step 3: Submit the required documentation, and admission will be granted based on national merit.
- Step 4: Selected candidates will be assessed by a college medical board to determine their fitness
- Step 5: As an admission confirmation, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College will send the student an offer letter.
- Step 6: To be admitted to the medical course at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, students and their parents or guardians must sign bonds on non-judicial stamps regarding the terms and conditions of education, conduct, and discipline.
- Step 7: Every applicant must begin the visa application procedure as soon as possible, as it may take a long time.
Documents required for admission at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
- Certificates of SSC and HSC/equivalent exams
- Photographs in passport size
- Form of application
- Certificate of transfer
- National identification card medical certificate
- Bank receipt with a valid passport
- NEET scores on a valid passport
- Passing certificate Invitation letter
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of Migration
- Certificate of Caste
- Certificate of HIV testing
- Report on Covid-19
- Certificate of transfer
MBBS syllabus of Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
At a reasonable fee, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College provides students with a fully equipped and pleasant dormitory.:
- The students at Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College have access to comfortable rooms.
- The students share rooms.
- Boys and girls have their rooms at the hostel.
- During medical school, the hostel includes a sanitary mess that provides fresh and healthful cuisine.
- Students have access to a common kitchen where they can prepare their food.
- This location has all amenities.
- The hostel also has Internet access.
- The rooms in the hostel are all air-conditioned.
- On-site laundry and refrigerators are offered.
- There is a common TV room at the hostel.
- For safety, hostels are equipped with CCTV cameras.
- Gym and laundry facilities are both available.
- The hostel has all of the modern conveniences you might want.
The low cost of living is a significant benefit for international students who choose to study in Bangladesh. While the real cost of living will vary depending on where you live and your lifestyle, students will be relieved to learn that Dhaka is one of the least costly cities in the world to live in. A monthly budget of US$300 will provide most students with a pretty comfortable existence in Bangladesh.
Food and housekeeping
Your food and housekeeping costs are projected to be between $150 and 225 USD. This is based on (US$5-7.50) per day for three meals. Naturally, if you prepare and divide the costs with your buddies, it will be less expensive. Local foods such as rice and noodles cost between (US$0.5-2.50) at food booths or coffee cafes. Dinner in a mid-range restaurant will cost between US$2.5 and $5.
Laundry and clothing
Laundry charges such as washing and drying at a self-service laundromat cost roughly US$ 1 per time. Clothing costs vary depending on your preferences and how frequently you buy new outfits.
Students who live on or near campus may not have to travel to and from classes.
Bangladesh's mobile phone packages are quite competitive. The amount you spend will be determined by your use and the promotional package you select. The average student may spend between $3.50 and $10.50 each month.
Books, reading materials, and stationery
The expected cost of books and stationery every semester should be approximately (US$12.50-25), although this can vary greatly depending on the course you have signed up for as well as the quantity and character of projects in your system.
Your monthly personal costs are primarily determined by your lifestyle. The cost, however, is projected to be between (US$25) and (US$50).
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- The educational standard is highly high and equivalent to that of other industrialized countries.
- In comparison to other nations throughout the world, the cost of the entire MBBS degree in Bangladesh is fairly reasonable.
- Graduates from Bangladesh's medical colleges have the option to attend a variety of foreign seminars and conferences. This contributes to their success as doctors.
- Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh provide world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced faculty.
- MCI recognizes the MBBS degree and other medical degrees received from a Bangladesh medical university. Students from India might return to work in their home country.
- The accommodations are extremely reasonably priced and have good quality standards and services.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- The MBBS degree awarded by a Bangladesh Medical University is recognized by WHO and UNESCO and widely acknowledged worldwide.
- There is no entrance exam necessary for admission, making the admission procedure simpler.
- Admission to a medical college in Bangladesh does not need a contribution.
- Students studying medicine in Bangladesh have the option to intern at some of the world's greatest international corporations and hospitals.
- Students are given practicals and exercises to help them enhance their abilities.
- The standard of infrastructure, education, and housing are equivalent to that of other industrialized countries.
- The hospitals have excellent infrastructure and technology.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
RMC education is one of the best for those who want to study mbbs abroad. We guide and support the students to study MBBS and shape the future students. We supported more than 10,000 students to get admission in abroad universities without any donation charges with good facilities. We also guide students step by step for admission and also give guidance for visa processing. Our best consultants are always ready to provide you with the most accurate and effective guidance to study abroad.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College a decent location to get a job?
Yes, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College has a teaching hospital that also offers a year of training.
Is Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College in Bangladesh a good place to study medicine?
Yes, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College is well-known among non-government medical colleges and has well-qualified faculty, making it an ideal place to study MBBS.