Eastern Medical College & Hospital
It is a private medical school in Bangladesh that was founded in 2005. The main campus is in Kabila, Burichang Upazila, Comilla District, Chittagong Division, beside the Dhaka–Chittagong Highway. It is affiliated with Chittagong University and Chittagong Medical University. It offers a five-year program that culminates in a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. All graduates must complete a one-year internship after graduation. The Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council recognizes the degree.
The Kabila campus is home to a 600-bed hospital. In October 2014, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare set a cap on admission and tuition fees at private medical colleges at 1,990,000 Bangladeshi takas (US$25,750 in 2014). The college offers a five-year program approved by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) that leads to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Chittagong University of Chittagong Medical University. After passing the final professional examination, a one-year internship is required.
The internship is required to obtain BMDC registration to practice medicine. In October 2014, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare set a cap on admission and tuition fees at private medical colleges at 1,990,000 Bangladeshi takas (US$25,750 in 2014).
Affiliation and Recognition of Eastern Medical College & Hospital
- Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC)
- The Eastern Medical College is affiliated with the University of Chittagong.
Why Study MBBS at Eastern Medical College & Hospital
- One of the most prestigious medical colleges in Bangladesh for MBBS studies. The college provides a world-renowned medical degree at a reasonable tuition rate.
- Highly qualified and reputable professors are available to provide international students with a world-class education.
- For the best education, hire experienced professors.
- The best possible learning environment.
- Boys and girls have separate hostel facilities.
- Students have access to fully air-conditioned classrooms.
- Medical schools that have been approved by the WHO and MCI/NMC.
- A library with a large book collection.
Quick highlights about Eastern Medical College & Hospital
Advantages of MBBS in Eastern Medical College & Hospital
Eastern Medical College in Bangladesh was established to provide medical students with a broad-based education and professional development:
- The academic faculty is comprised of highly qualified teachers, and the attached hospital is of the highest caliber, fully equipped with all modern amenities. All of this will assist students in gaining knowledge, skills, and attitudes to deal with community health problems, as well as providing a solid foundation for future training and higher education.
- Every year, 45 percent of the total seats are reserved for international students.
- The institute provides world-class advanced educational excellence and research.
- There is no need to take any language entrance exams for getting into this college.
- The hostel is within walking distance of shopping malls, restaurants, cafeterias, and bus stops.
- A good food facility is also available for students from all over the world.
- There is the assurance of high-quality clinical activities.
- Serving others entails a sense of obligation.
- The college is also concerned with social issues.
- Because the college believes in the holistic development of each student, it organizes various sports tournaments and encourages students to participate in them to keep students physically fit and active.
- Aside from sports, various cultural programs are held regularly. The college celebrates all major Indian festivals such as Holi, Diwali, Eid, and others.
Duration of Study in Eastern Medical College & Hospital
The college offers a five-year program approved by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) that leads to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Chittagong University of Chittagong Medical University. After passing the final professional examination, a one-year internship is required. The internship is required to obtain BMDC registration to practice medicine.
Faculties of Eastern Medical College & Hospital
The college empowers numerous intellectual and non-academic facilities and benefits to students including a library, housing, sports facilities, academic counseling career, institutional hospital as well as organizational services for giving them exposure to a better way of learning and research.
- Dentistry Faculty
- Faculty of Gynaecology
- General Medicine
- Physical Medicine
Eastern Medical College & Hospital Fees Structure 2023-24
Eastern Medical College & Hospital fees are as follows:
Eastern Medical College & Hospital Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Eastern Medical College & Hospital
Eligibility criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MBBS at Eastern Medical College stated as follows :
- Qualifying examinations (HSLC/'A' level) or equivalent examinations must have been passed.
- SSC/'O' level or equivalent examination completed .
- HSC/'A' level or equivalent examination completed .
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/'O' level or equivalent examinations, as well as HSC/'A' level or equivalent examinations: 7:00 (seven)
- Minimum GPA in SSC/'O' level or equivalent examinations and HSC/'A' level or equivalent examinations: 3.0
- Minimum Biology GPA 3.5 This means that no one will be admitted with less than a 60 in Biology.
- Only the top five subjects are considered for GPA calculation against the mark obtained in the SSC/'O' level or equivalent exam. As a result, the GPA at 'O' level equals (total marks obtained in the top five subjects)/5.
- If the GPA is less than 5, an optional subject will be considered (five).
- Only three subjects (physics, chemistry, and biology) are considered for GPA calculation against the mark obtained in the HSC/'A' level or equivalent exam. As a result, the GPA at 'A' level equals (total marks obtained in top three subjects)/3.
- Students must bring the qualifying marks from their NEET examination.
Admission Process of Eastern Medical College & Hospital
Eastern Medical College admission process is as follows::
- Fill the Application Form
- Submission of academic documents like X & XII mark sheets (educational certificates), Birth Certificate, NEET scorecard, and Passport size photographs.
- Admit cards attested from Bangladesh High Commission, Delhi
- Students will have to apply for a ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following: Passport Medical Fitness Certificate HIV Report Passport size photographs with white background
- Visa stamping is your last step for your admission process in Delhi.
- After receiving the student’s application, the university will send a conformational offer letter for Eastern Medical College admission. There’d be no need to apply at the DGHS for an Equivalent Certificate after receiving the offer letter, just submit the mark sheets with all the documents at Bengal Deputy High Commission, Kolkata with a 60$ payment to get the DGHS approval.
Documents required for admission at Eastern Medical College & Hospital
- Certificates of SSC and HSC/equivalent exams
- Photographs in passport size
- Form of application
- Certificate of transfer
- National identification card Medical certificate
- Bank receipt with a valid passport
- NEET scores on a valid passport
- Passing certificate Invitation letter
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of Migration
- Certificate of Caste
- Certificate of HIV testing
- Report on Covid-19
- Certificate of transfer
MBBS syllabus of Eastern Medical College & Hospital
Hostel and Accommodation at Eastern Medical College & Hospital
Eastern Medical School Bangladesh Hospital has a multi-story hostel structure with modern amenities. Boys and girls have their hostels. Eastern Medical College Bangladesh Hostel & Accommodation is listed below:
- Each specialization course includes a well-equipped laboratory.
- A hospital with all ancillary services is located on the college campus.
- Transportation tailored to the needs of college students.
- Regularly, extracurricular and co-curricular activities are held.
There is a cafeteria and canteen on campus and in the hostels that serve fresh and hygienic foods. There are common areas with televisions. The students are in a safe and secure atmosphere. In the event of a medical emergency, the faculty will assist all pupils. There are outdoor and indoor sports set up for the medical students' overall personality and temperament development.
The low cost of living is a significant benefit for international students who choose to study in Bangladesh. The entire cost of lodging, whether on-campus or off-campus, is quite low. While the real cost of living will vary depending on where you live and your lifestyle, students will be relieved to learn that Dhaka is one of the least costly cities in the world to live in. A monthly budget of US$300 will provide most students with a pretty comfortable existence in Bangladesh.
Food and housekeeping
Your food and housekeeping costs are projected to be between $150 and 225 USD. This is based on (US$5-7.50) per day for three meals. Naturally, if you prepare and divide the costs with your buddies, it will be less expensive. Local foods such as rice and noodles cost between (US$0.5-2.50) at food booths or coffee cafes. Dinner in a mid-range restaurant will cost between US$2.5 and $5.
Students who live on or near campus may not have to travel to and from classes. Other types of travel, on the other hand, may cost around (US$ 10-20) each month.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- The educational standard is highly high and equivalent to that of other industrialized countries.
- In comparison to other nations throughout the world, the cost of the entire MBBS degree in Bangladesh is fairly reasonable.
- Graduates from Bangladesh's medical colleges have the option to attend a variety of foreign seminars and conferences. This contributes to their success as doctors.
- Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh provide world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced faculty.
- MCI recognizes the MBBS degree and other medical degrees received from a Bangladesh medical university. Students from India might return to work in their home country.
- The accommodations are extremely reasonably priced and have good quality standards and services.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- The MBBS degree awarded by a Bangladesh Medical University is recognized by WHO and UNESCO and widely acknowledged worldwide.
- There is no entrance exam necessary for admission, making the admission procedure simpler.
- Admission to a medical college in Bangladesh does not need a contribution.
- Students studying medicine in Bangladesh have the option to intern at some of the world's greatest international corporations and hospitals.
- Students are given practicals and exercises to help them enhance their abilities.
- The standard of infrastructure, education, and housing are equivalent to that of other industrialized countries.
- The hospitals have excellent infrastructure and technology.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Eastern Medical College & Hospital
RMC education is one of the best for those who want to study abroad. We guide and support the students to study MBBS abroad and shape the future students. We supported more than 10,000 students to get admission in abroad universities without any donation charges with good facilities. We also guide students step by step for admission and also give guidance for visa processing. Our best consultants are always ready to provide you with the most accurate and effective guidance to study abroad.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the total cost of the Eastern Medical College hostel for an international student?
Hostel expenses are included in the overall fees of US $33,000, and students are responsible for their meal costs.
Is Eastern Medical College a decent location to get a job?
Yes, Eastern Medical College has a teaching hospital that also offers a year of training.
Is Eastern Medical College in Bangladesh a good place to study medicine?
Yes, Eastern Medical College is well-known among non-government medical colleges and has well-qualified faculty, making it an ideal place to study MBBS.
What is the teaching medium at the Eastern Medical College & Hospital in Bangladesh?
Is Eastern Medical College & Hospital in Bangladesh a good place to study medicine?
Yes, Eastern Medical College & Hospital is well-known among non-government medical colleges and has well-qualified faculty, making it an ideal place to study MBBS.
Are there any provisions for foreign students?
Yes, the Eastern Medical College & Hospital appointed foreign coordinators to take care of foreign students; in addition, there is a provision for scholarship programs.