About Donetsk National Medical University
Initially known as Maxim Gorky Donetsk National Medical University now renamed as Donetsk National University is one of the largest medical universities in Ukraine and the former USSR. The university is considered one of the best medical schools in Ukraine. Originally located in Donetsk, it was initially relocated to Kropyvnytskyi and then to Mariupol in 2014 due to the War in Donbas.
Donetsk National Medical University was established in 1930 as the Maxim Gorky Donetsk Medical Institute. In 1994 it was given the status of the university and in 2007 it gained the status of National Medical University (NMU). The name of M. Gorky was removed from the title in 2017.
The Donetsk National Medical University currently has four campuses in its name:
- Mariupol Campus
- Kirovograd (Kropyvnytsky) Campus
- Chernihiv Campus
- Kramatorsk Campus
Affiliation and Recognition of Donetsk National Medical University
Following are the accreditation and recognition of Donetsk National Medical University :
- Affiliated by World Federation Medical Education, General medical council, Pakistan medical commission, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Accredited by World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), Medical Council of Canada (MCC) and Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Approved by ECTS, WHO, MCI.
- Aid Status: Public
Why study MBBS at Donetsk National Medical University?
- Donetsk National Medical University was recognized as the best medical university in Ukraine in 2011.
- Again, DNMU was ranked as the first among Ukrainian medical universities constantly since 2001 till 2016 according to the rating[of the Ministry of Healthcare and Ministry of Education of Ukraine.
- Donetsk National Medical University provides training in English, Russian and Ukrainian languages in all faculties.
- Donetsk National Medical University «DNMU» was the first medical university in Ukraine and in Eastern Europe to start the faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy in the English language for foreign students in 1991 after the independence of Ukraine.
- High level of specialists training and considerably low tuition fees, DNMU is one of the best Ukrainian Medical Universities for foreigners.
Quick highlights about Donetsk National Medical University
Advantages of MBBS at Donetsk National Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) started firstly the faculties of General Medicine and Dentistry in English medium of instruction in all over Ukraine and the USSR.
- There are six buildings for theoretical classes and a wide net of clinical bases of medical institutions of Donetsk, which are equipped at the level corresponding to world standards.
- Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) prepares specialists in 172 medical specialities.
- The Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) is one of the largest and best medical universities in Ukraine.
- It has over 920 teachers who work at the 77 departments of the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU). Among them,150 professors and 243 Associate Professors, academic titles of doctors and candidates of medical sciences are respectively 117 and 449 people.
Duration Of MBBS In Donetsk National Medical University
The study plan for doing MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University is arranged to have 6 years of study or 360 credits ECTS. One study year lasts 40 weeks and includes 60 credits (1 week – 1.5 credit ECTS), 1 credit ECTS is 30 academic hours. The study year has 1800 academic hours. The total amount of study hours includes the time for providing lectures, practical work, seminars, tutorials, consultations, practices, self-reliant and individual work and controlling steps.
Faculty at Donetsk National Medical University
At the Donetsk National Medical University, there are eight faculties including a preparatory faculty for foreign students. The Donetsk National Medical University trains specialists along with the following education or qualification levels as junior specialists, specialists, or masters for the following specialities:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Public Health
- Faculty of Post-Graduate Education
- Faculty of Preparatory Department
Donetsk National Medical University Fees Structure 2022-23
Donetsk National Medical University ranking 2022-23
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Donetsk National Medical University
- The applicant must be 17 years or above at the time of application.
- The applicant must have passed the intermediate with PCB from a recognized school in India in their 12th
- The minimum qualification is 50% marks in PCB.
- NEET qualification is necessary.
- Marks obtained by you in NEET is valid for 3 years but only for taking admission in MBBS abroad and not for taking admission in India.
- IELTS/TOEFL is a must.
- Foreign students are invited to enter the Russian federation after the payment is confirmed.
Donetsk National Medical University Admission Process
For applying, send the completed application, copy of passport, and required documents to the email
- Step 1. Fill out the application form (apply online).
- Step 2. Attached are the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marks of completion of higher secondary education (12th grade).
- Scanned copy of marks of completion of high education (10th grade).
- NEET scorecard.
- Scanned copy of your valid passport.
- Step 3. After fulfilling all the conditions, students get an admission letter from the university.
- Step 4. After receiving the confirmation letter, a student should pay the fees through net banking and other payment methods.
- Step 5. As soon as after receiving the invitation letter, a student should apply for a visa, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
- Step 6. Once you receive a visa invitation, stamp your visa in the Embassy of the Russian federation
Any violation of the rules is subject to the following matter: fine, administrative expulsion, and deportation. Within 3 working days after arrival at the place, in Ruthe Russian Federation, the foreign student must register in the Migration room.
Document Required For Donetsk National Medical University Admission
The following documents are required –
- 10th-grade mark-sheet
- 12th-grade mark-sheet
- NEET scorecard
- 10 passport size photographs
- Official invitation letter from the university
- Medical test documents (report)
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Russia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year of Buryat State University Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- Covid 19 (-)ve report.
MBBS Syllabus at Donetsk National Medical University
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Donetsk National Medical University are as follows:
Hostel And Accommodation At Donetsk National Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University is available with 9 hostels.
- Rooms in the hostel are well ventilated and well equipped.
- 24/7 Wi-Fi, electricity, sweepers, emergency doctors, and wardens are available.
- Indian Chefs are available who will prepare the phone, and the food is available four times a day.
- Security is advanced.
- After entering the hostel campus, parents will get a call about their child.
Why MBBS in Ukraine?
Ukraine has become one of the most preferable destinations for aspiring students who want to study MBBS in abroad.
An affordable student city -
Some of the advantages are listed below:
Ranking sixth globally for affordability this year, students in Tomsk benefit from low living costs and cheap tuition fees.
Prestigious universities -
Both of Tomsk's ranked universities place with the global top 400 in the world rankings:omsk State University in joint 272nd and Tomsk Polytechnic University in joint 395th.
A sporty city -
Whether you're interested in basketball, rowing, skiing, snowboarding or scuba diving, you'll find it in Tomsk.Tomsk has several stadiums and swimming pools and its mountains and cool climate make it perfect for skiing in the winter.The city also has many universities and scientific research institutes, making it one of Russia’s major centres for science and IT and earning it the nickname ‘Siberian Athens’.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Ukraine
- The standard of education and infrastructure in Ukraine medical colleges is extremely good.
- The govt is usually there to assist the schools in resolving research and financial issues in education.
- The expense of MBBS in Ukraine and accommodation is extremely low.
- No donation is required to be paid by the scholar for getting admission during a medical college in Ukraine.
- Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are held within the medical colleges that keep the scholars fit and active.
- The scholars are encouraged to require part in various seminars and international conferences.
- The Ukraine Education Ministry of Medical Science manages all the Medical universities of Ukraine.
- Ukraine Medical Universities offers the Best & High quality of education of the students comes from all over the world in terms of quality & cost.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Donetsk National Medical University
RMC Educational Service Centre is one of the best and most well-structured guides for students who wish to pursue higher studies abroad in Russia or any other country. We support over 10,000 students to get admitted to their preferred university without any donation expense and in a legally maintained manner. Our guide helps the student with detailed guidance in their admission for MBBS in their choice of the institute and provide light on issues such as visa processing and required formalities. The best consultants are here to provide you with clear and accurate yet effective guidance assessing your requirements while you choose your future.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Is NEET compulsory for studying MBBS at Donetsk National Medical University?
Yes, NEET is compulsory for students wanting to pursue an MBBS degree at Donetsk National Medical University.
Is distance learning available at Donetsk National Medical University?
Yes, distancing learning is available however is less effective than on-campus courses.
When does the academic year start at Donetsk National Medical University?
The academic year at Donetsk National Medical University starts on 1st September each year.
Is Donetsk National Medical University MCI approved?
Yes, DNMU is MCI approved.
Does DNMU provide both UG and PG courses?
Yes, one can have both UG (MBBS) and PG (MD/MS) from DNMU.