Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College is an eminent PrivateMedical College located in Agrabad, Chattogram, Bangladesh. It was established in 2005 and affiliated by Chittagong Medical University. It is acknowledged as one of the best Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Principal A.S.M Mostaque Ahmed led a dynamic team of more than 136 academic staff and 500+ students. Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)has recognised MBBS degree and is affiliated byUniversity of Dhaka. In addition, the courses are approved by UGC and the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
The College Is associated with a 650- bedded hospital called ‘Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu General Hospital’ and is famous for its innovative advances both in technological and educational basis. In addition to this, it has official Chattagram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College Journal . It Mainly aims at providing holistic education by incorporating advanced teaching techniques, modern and innovative activities and giving opportunities to represent College in various national and international scientific forums with excellent professors which expose them to a new world. It gives aninspirable and knowledgeable platform to its students. The campus is shared by the Medical institute and Nursing College.
Affiliation and Recognition of Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
- Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College is affiliated to Chittagong Medical University.
- Courses are approved by UGC
- It is recognized under MCI and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- Permission by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) of the Government of the People’s Reprivate of Bangladesh
- NMC, MCI and WHO recognized the College
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED), FAIMER, the USA, which will enable doctors to appear at ECFMG
- other entrance examinations in the United States or Any European Countries or Australia.
Why Study MBBS at Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Candidates will get the following advantages of studying medicine program at Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College: -
- Minimal package- Though it’s a top class College but it still doesn't ask for ransom fees. It fits in the pocket of the middle and lower class.
- Quality education- Provide holistic education that excels students in every sphere. Besides, qualified professors guide them to learn in both theoretical and practical ways. It gives an international medical career exposure.
- College us equipped with advanced technology with top notch facilities like an exemplary laboratory, spacious classrooms, departmental museums, library, reading rooms, research rooms, cafeterias, sports complexes etc.
- It encourages teamwork culture, medical research and guides through different scores like extensive lectures, group projects, practical field workshops, eminent alumni meets etc.
- In addition to this, practical knowledge and guidance are provided in an early stage. So, the experience earned from these practises proves to be helpful for the future in advancing the career.
- It provides different types of education in medicine and helps in specialisation as well as research work.
- Excellent specious campus, chances to join different clubs, cultural activities, sports and extracurricular activities.
- Maintains a good decorum and order with regard to hostels and sanitation facilities. (only for girls)
- Overall, the college offers medical education, medical research and health care facilities. It offers a four and half year course of MBBS study degree with a year of internship after graduation.
- Perks of neighbouring countries- Language, way of living, customs etc. are quite the same as India.Climate condition is quite similar so it becomes easy for students to get settledown.In addition to, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
- All teachings are in English, so it’s quite easier to grasp studies efficiently.
Quick highlights about Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Advantages of MBBS in Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Consider the following benefits of enrolling in Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College for your MBBS education:
- The fees of the college is low when compared with the Indian Private Medical College.
- The curriculum syllabus designed by Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College is fully based on all round development of a student.
- Professional Medical staff and modern amenities.
- Stress upon theoretical studies with value-based studies. Moreover, conduct guided research works.
- Organize practical field workshops and case-based learnings regularly.
- Students studying here develop a high level of medical skills with regard to research techniques and Methodology.
- Moreover, they gain the ability to apply their knowledge in an appropriate way when it comes to medical practises .
- Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College provides students foreign exposure helping them to build their careers at International level.
- It exposes the practical world early on. They treat people under proper guidance and gain experience side by side with their studies.
Duration of Study in Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
It takes 6 years to complete graduation in Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College, Bangladesh. The duration of study is parted into two categories :-
- 5 years – classroom study ( theoretical and research based )
- 1 year –Internship ( Practical and experience based)
For obtaining registration from BMDC to practise Medicine, Internship is a prerequisite factor.
Facilities of Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
- Academic campus of the college has spacious and well acknowledged departments that make it unique .
- Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College provides Top notch facilities like spacious classrooms , research centres, departmental museums ,library , reading rooms,cafeteria,sports complexes etc.
- To furnish the clear understanding of students they have well equipped classes , advanced laboratories and exemplary research centres.
- In addition to this, It has a full time faculty system, excellent professors and friendly staff.
- To eradicate the problem of language barrier, College system is solely based on English as their primary language.
- College has a good administrative system.
- Sanitation and hygiene are specially taken care of .
- It has an excellent hostel system – only for girls .
- Indian foods are served to students. So, Indian get adapted pretty quickly
- Anti-ragging environment.
- They have full air conditioned seminar halls, lecture halls, debate and conference halls.
- Digital smart classrooms with informative websites
- Many scholarship programs are held to help unprivileged students.
Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College Ranking
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS at Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Admission Test Is conducted by Director General of Health Services centrally and it is supervised strictly.
Some major highlights are:-
- The students seeking to apply should be 17 years yet less than 25 years old.
- Students should have cleared 10th and 12th securing marks more than 60% or 7 GPA.
- Qualifying the NEET exam is an essential criteria for admission.
- Applicants have to go under gross medical examination as students having physical, mental and refractory disorders can’t be admitted .
Admission Process of Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College
admission procedure is as follows:
- Step 1:To get into Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College , a student must have appeared for the NEET exam.
- Step 2:Students securing 60 % of marks in all 3 subjects in NEET is prerequisite
- Step 3:Subjects prerequisite to get into Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College are BIOLOGY, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY.
- Step 4:If students meet all the criteria of admission, then they can apply for admission directly in their website:
- Download ‘MBBS Admission forms from website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry and fill with your medical choices.
- You have to pay $60(subject to change) in a bank of your country in favour of DGHS to get the receipt.
- Submit the documents, receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy for grade equivalency and permission from Bangladesh.
- Send the required documents for a provisional letter of the college for booking a swat for you.
- After receiving a permission letter and grade equivalency certificate, you can proceed with admission.
- Step 5:The application goes through a strict evaluation under the Director General of Health Services.
- Step 6: DGHS arranges an admission test called Chittagong Medical University Entrance exam and based on this merit students get a chance to get admission.
- Step 7: A waiting list was also published. If any seat remains vacant after the admission deadline then, waiting list students can go for admission .
Documents required for admission at Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Students who wish to enroll at the Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College (CIMC) for their MBBS program must submit the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- NEET report card
- Photocopies of the documents should be attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- Photocopy of valid passport ( passports within 3 months of validation)
- Health certificate
- Passport size photos ( 2 recently clicked photos )
- High School completion board certificate
- 12th class completion board certificate
- Invitation letter
MBBS syllabus of Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Hostel and Accommodation at Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College has an exemplary Hostel with proper sanitation and hygiene. There are hostels exclusively for girls . The hostel is guided under strict supervision for ensuring the safety of students. Some other features are :-
- Located in Urban areas so, quite good transportation system is available
- High security standard
- Reading Rooms , in hostel libraries
- Kitchen and TV are also available.
- Cafeteria – also provides Indian foods.
- Hostel offers choice between single occupancy or sharing.
- It provides a good study surrounding
- Wi-Fi facilities with 24 hours electricity and internet broadband.
- Living Cost in Bangladesh is minimal, so the hostel fees are not high .
- Embedded with modern amenities
- ultra modern infrastructure
- Internet, laundry, canteen, mess and other basic facilities are available.
- 24 hour important Services
- Provide other facilities like library, research labs, sports complexes, extracurricular centres
A single person estimated monthly costs are 392$ (33,598৳) without rent. The cost of living in Bangladesh is, on average, 53.06% lower than in the United States. Rent in Bangladesh is, on average, 89.32% lower than in the United States. Indian food is also very easily available.
Your food and housekeeping costs are projected to be between $150 and 225 USD. This is based on (US$5-7.50) per day for three meals. Naturally, if you prepare and divide the costs with your buddies, it will be less expensive. Local foods such as rice and noodles cost between (US$0.5-2.50) at food booths or coffee cafes. Dinner in a mid-range restaurant will cost between US$2.5 and $5.
Laundry and clothing
Laundry charges such as washing and drying at a self-service laundromat cost roughly US$ 1 per time. Clothing costs vary depending on your preferences and how frequently you buy new outfits.
Students who live on or near campus may not have to travel to and from classes. Other types of travel, on the other hand, may cost around (US$ 10-20) each month.
Bangladesh's mobile phone packages are quite competitive. The amount you spend will be determined by your use and the promotional package you select. The average student may spend between $3.50 and $10.50 each month.
Books, reading materials, and stationery
The expected cost of books and stationery every semester should be approximately (US$12.50-25), although this can vary greatly depending on the course you have signed up for as well as the quantity and character of projects in your system.
Your monthly personal costs are primarily determined by your lifestyle. The cost, however, is projected to be between (US$25) and (US$50).
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is a hotspot for medical students. It attracts thousands and thousands of students every year.
- Bangladesh offers a wide range of varieties in Medical College with low fees.
- Passing rate of FMGE is quite high. This MCI Screening Test exam is a requisite option for Indians to practice in India.
- English is the official language of colleges so, there is no need to learn any other language.
- Living Cost is Minimal in Bangladesh .
- Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their
- Bangladesh Government issued a lot of scholarship programs for the needy student
to help them complete their MBBS degree.
- It’s the neighboring Country of India so, it has many things in common.
- Perks of neighboring countries- Language, way of living ,customs etc. are quite the same as India.
- They serve Indian foods and people seems to be friendly so, it becomes easy to reside there
- Climate conditions are quite similar so it becomes easy for students to settle down.
- In addition, parents can visit them frequently (more accessible).
Benefits of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- It is easy to apply for admission in Bangladesh
- Minimal package
- Colleges give foreign exposure which act a excellent foundation in career
- MCI Screening Test FMGE pass-out rate is very high which is needed in India for medical practice
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge make a excellent student as well as doctor
- Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College believe in holistic education and acknowledged for their quality teaching.
- Many of the Chattagram Maa-o-Shishu Medical College provide direct admission without sitting for Entrance exam
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
- RMC Educational Service Center coordinately assist students from starting with filling of
application form to the admission process completely get over.
- During Admission process , we provide utmost help to make your journey smoother .
- We assist students in every step by providing instruction and guidance.
- We help students to get students’ loans and insurances .
- We inform students about the topics related to Medical College like eligibility, facilities, Admission process etc.
Popular MBBS Destinations for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there any hostel facilities in Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College ?
Yes, Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College provides hostel facilities to its students with High security standards and ultra-modern infrastructure. They provide separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
Do we need to appear in any entrance exam to get enrolled in?
Even after qualifying NEET you have to appear for the Admission test in order to get admission.
Is Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College approved by MCI?
Yes, MCI approved it so, the students of Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College can apply to practice in India.
How are the professors and staff of Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College ?
Professors and staff are very friendly. As written in the above article, this college has the best faculties and staff who guide and help them throughout your study period. They act as a path finder for you.
Are there any provisions of scholarships?
Yes, in the Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College has provision for scholarship programs. They help both national and international unprivileged students.