Baguio Central University is a university in Baguio, Philippines. It offers education to high
school and preschool students. It is also known for its vocational courses. This institution was
established by Godofredo Fernandez in 1945 and started offering vocational courses. The school was
first known as ‘Centro Academy’. After four years of success, the school started to offer a high
school program with its vocational courses to serve students for another option after their
vocational training. With its desire for helping many students in the city, the school evolves
itself offering degree programs in 1951.
The Board of Directors changed its name into ‘Lyceum of Baguio’ in 1976, then changed it to Baguio
Central University in 1977. The school continued to expand its academic programs until 2002. The
school has many campuses in the city to give its students a comfortable environment. AS per
Executive Order 330, the university has been accredited by the Commission on Higher Education and
gave the certificate of authorization to the university to accredit, provide equivalency, and to
confer an academic degree in BS Education, Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, Master of Arts in
Education, Master in Public and Business Administration, Doctor of Education, and Doctor of
Philosophy. Associate in Health Science was included in the medical courses in 1998.
The Poi H. Jove Research Center Inc. Was established and the university’s services were extended
outside the Philippines. Sisterhood ties have been established with Presbyterian General Assembly
Theological College and Seminary in South Korea. The Baguio Central University has nine collegiate
divisions that include College of Criminology, College of Liberal Arts and Public Administration,
College of Physical Therapy, College of Nursing, College of Information Technology as well as
College of Administration. The Baguio Central University has associate courses such as Associate in
Computer Technology and Associate in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
A Look at the City, Baguio Philippines
Baguio was established as a hill station by the United States in 1900 at the site of an Ibaloi
village known as Kafagway. It was the United States’ only hill station in Asia.
Baguio is classified as a Highly-Urbanized City (HUC). It is geographically located within Benguet,
serving as the provincial capital from 1901 to 1916, but has since been administered independently
from the province following its conversion into a chartered city. The city is the center of
business, commerce, and education in northern Luzon, as well as the seat of government of the
Cordillera Administrative Region. According to the 2015 census, Baguio has a population of 345,366.
This is the Philippine’s upland, pine-clad retreat from the heat and dust of the lowlands, albeit
not a very tranquil one. Baguio (bah-gee-oh) is a university town that boasts one of the
Philippines’ largest student populations (250,000) and is also a crossroads between hill tribe
culture and lowland settlers. For most travelers, Baguio serves as the primary gateway to
backpacker bliss up north in Sagada, Banaue, and Kalinga.
Baguio is a city and hill station located at an altitude of 1450 meters above sea level (4760 feet)
on the Cordillera Administrative Region in the middle of the island of Luzon, in the Philippines.
Due to its cool mountain weather, Baguio is considered the summer capital of the Philippines.
Because of its many pine trees, it is also called the City of Pines. On October 31, 2017, it became
part of UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network, the first city in the Philippines to join the list.
Baguio, the wet season is overcast, the dry season is partly cloudy, and it is comfortable
year-round. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 56°F to 75°F and is rarely below
52°F or above 78°F.
Based on the tourism score, the best time of year to visit Baguio for warm-weather activities is
from late January to late April.
The temperature in Baguio varies so little throughout the year that it is not entirely meaningful
to discuss hot and cold seasons.
It comes in handy when hotel rates are quoted in Philippine Pesos, for example. How to use the
Currency Converter: 1. Just type in the amount you wish to Baguio is 8 degrees cooler on the
average than any place in lowlands. When Manila sweats at 35 degrees centigrade or above, Baguio
seldom exceeds 26 degrees centigrade at its warmest. Baguio is very wet during the Philippine rainy
season, which is from June to October. It gets the biggest amount of rainfall in the country, twice
the volume of rainfall in the country as compared to Manila. However, from November to May, Baguio
becomes a tropical paradise, a refreshing break from the hot and humid Philippine climate.
Christmas season is when Baguio glows with the nippy winter air. In the summer month of March,
April, May, Baguio lives up to its title as the “Summer Capital of the Philippines when thousands
of visitors from the lowlands and Manila take their annual exodus to the city to cool off. Casual
clothing is recommended worn with jackets or sweaters in the late afternoons or evenings.
LANGUAGE: Ilocano is the predominant dialect in the city. The national language, Filipino, is of
course spoken by almost everyone.
International airport near Baguio central university
- Clark international airport
- Ninyo Aquino international airport.
Advantages of pursuing MBBS from Baguio central university
- Qualified professor’s, teachers, and doctors
- Highly preferred medical university for medical programs
- MCI approved medical university
- Amazing infrastructure with necessary labs
- MBBS degree is recognized worldwide
- Hostel facilities are available
- Quick admission process
- Top medical university in the world
- Many recreational options
- Top & extensively recognized university
Baguio central university fees 2023-24
PHP 25,000 to 65,000 PHP ( Philippines currency )
Baguio central university rankings
When it comes to national and worldwide ranking, the university is at 124th and 12765th
Documents required for in Baguio central university
- Language proficiency certificate
- Health and medical certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Letter of recommendation
- No criminal certificate
- Academic certificates
- Statement of purpose
- Application form
Baguio central university college of medicine
Baguio central university is a university in Baguio City, Philippines.it offers high education and
preschool students. This institution was established by gogofredo Fernandez in 1945. The school was
first known as ‘Centro academy’.after four years of success, the school started to offer a high
school program with its vocational courses to serve students For another option after their
vacation courses to serve students For another option after their vacation training. With its
desire for helping many students in the city, the school revolves itself on offering degree
programs in 1951. The Board of Directors changed its name into ‘Lyceum of Baguio’ in 1976, then
changed it to Baguio Central University in 1977. The school continued to expand its academic
programs until 2002. The school has many campuses in the city to give its students a comfortable
environment. The name Baguio conjures, for both the international and domestic traveler, a highland
retreat in the Grand Cordillera in Northern Luzon, with pine trees, crisp cold breezes, and low
verdant knolls and hillocks. Through the numerous decades, Baguio has morphed from what was once a
grassy marshland into one of the cleanest and greenest, most highly urbanized cities in the
country. It has made its mark as a premier tourist destination in the Northern part of the
Philippines with its cool climate, foggy hills, panoramic views, and lovely flowers. Being the
ideal convergence zone of neighboring highland places, Baguio is the melting pot of different
peoples and cultures and has boosted its ability to provide a center for education for its
neighbors. Its rich culture and countless resources have lured numerous investments and business
opportunities to the city.
Baguio central university enrollment
We are accepting Freshmen and Transferees. Baguio Central University is accepting enrollees for the
2nd Semester Academic Year 2020-2021 both in the Undergraduate and Graduate Programs. This
registration will provide you a slot for enrollment for the 2nd Semester Academic Year 2020-2021
Baguio central university courses
- Eligibility-12 pass out+ NEET
Baguio Central university courses
There are various courses offered by the Baguio Central University. Baguio Central university
courses are designed in a very systematic manner which helps the students to grow higher in their
careers. Baguio Central university courses are globally recognized and accepted and hold great
Baguio Central university courses are listed down
General Graduate School
College of Bussiness Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy in Administration and Supervision
- Doctor of Education in Education Management
- Master of Arts in Administration and Supervision
- Master of Arts in Alternative Learning System
- Master of Arts in Elementary Education
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Filipino
- Master of Arts in Guidance and Counseling
- Master of Arts in Mathematics
- Master of Arts in Pre-Elementary Education
- Master in Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Home Economics
College of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Major in Financial Management
- Human Resource Development Management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Office Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration
- 2 Year Certificate in Computer Secretarial
- 2 Year Associate in Computer Technology
College of Teacher Education
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism
- Associate Hotel and Restaurant Management
College of Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Major in Biology/Physical Science, English, Filipino, Mathematics, Physical Education, Health
College of Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in History
College of Criminal and Justice Education
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Geodetic Engineering
College of Nursing and School of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Diploma in Midwifery
Baguio central university Scholarship
Scholarships Provided by Baguio Central University.
- Valedictorian – 100% free tuition fees
- Salutatorain – 50% free tuition fees
- First Honor – 15% free tuition fees ( not applicable to transferees )
Grant-in-aid Scholarship Program
- Full Academic Scholar 100% tuition fee discount -average must not be lower than 95% and a grade
not lower than 92%
- Half Academic Scholar 50% tuition fee discount -average must not be lower than 92% and a grade
not lower than 88%.
- Student Assistants and Marshals -100% free tuition fee, free laboratory and departmental fees,
with a monthly allowance.
Group Discount for Siblings
- Student Assistance Fund for Education (SAFE) Loans Philippine Veterans Administration Office
(PVAO) Scholarship Tulong Duong
- 10% tuition fee discount is given to the youngest among the siblings. This applies to 3
siblings or more.
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF – 100% free tuition fees.
ACTIVE MEMBERS of the EDITORIAL STAFF – 50% tuition fee discount.
- CLASS A – 100% tuition fees discount for GOLD Medalist in the BBEAL, PRISMA, and PNG.
- CLASS B – 80% tuition fees discount for SILVER or BRONZE Medalist in the BBEAL, PRISMA, and
- CLASS C – 60-70% tuition fees discount for ACTIVE participants in the BBEAL and other
Baguio central university Admission Requirements
(Submit Original Copies)
- *Form 138 (High School Report Card) *Birth Certificate issued by NSO
- *Certificate of Good Moral Character
Baguio central university, Philippines faqs
What Baguio is known for?
Summer Capital of the Philippines
Baguio, too many, is best known as the “Summer Capital of the Philippines”, with its cool
climate making this a spot to escape the chaotic scenes in Manila. The city is also home
to tropical pine forests, lending the city the nickname “City of Pines”.
What is the best month to go to Baguio?
Best time to go to Baguio Average weather of Baguio, Philippines
- The best months for good weather in Baguio are January, February, March, November, and
- On average, it is hot all year round.
- The rainiest months are July and August.
Is the Philippines safe to visit in 2020?
Reconsider travel to the Philippines due to COVID-19. Additionally, exercise increased
caution in the Philippines due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, a measles outbreak, and
kidnapping. Some areas have increased risk. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page
before you plan any international travel.