Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is a university that is responsible for the medical specialty of surgery throughout Ireland. In the United Kingdom, there are a total of 4 mutually recognized medical royal Colleges for surgery. This incorporates medical school, which is the largest university with over 3000 students from 60 countries and forms the core of a specialist university. Since 2019 the body has held full university and is the first private university in Ireland. In 1784 the royal character received RCSI. In Dublin, the main campus is situated on st. Stephen's green. At present, there incorporates school medicine, nursing, physiotherapy, and pharmacy and also provides a postgraduate and undergraduate level of education and research in several healthcare fields. RCSI is ranked as one of the World for Good Health and well-being. In 1805 September the current location at the corner of York Street with additional land at Glover's alley was bought in 1809. The Duke of Bedford laid the stone of the new building on st. Patrick day. In 1806 and building reached completion in March 1810.
Postgraduate programs and faculties;-
- School of pharmacy
- School of physiotherapy
- School medicine
- School of nursing and midwifery
- School of postgraduate studies
- Faculty of dentistry
- Faculty of radiology
- Faculty of nursing and midwifery
- RCSI Institute of leadership
- Faculty of sports and exercise medicine
Value and admission
RCSI is a cultural diversity international organization University rcsi now offer undergraduate degrees in medical pharmacy and physiotherapy and is the largest Irish medical school the main purpose of this university to educate and train the health care professional and health science research more than 38000 students representing 16 actions and are currently in rolling in medicine pharmacy and physiotherapy program there any student who is still in rolling their names in this university 17000 RCSI are working in medical doctors allied disciplines present in this hospital.
student life at rcsi is encouraged to participate in extra column activities like Of cultural awareness fest and sports many other a complete list of a current student society and the club be found in our RCSI website if any student wants to take participate in RCSIcultural fest on sports day can easily go to the website official and fill the form and easily take participate.
The student universe consists of eight officer annually elected bodies. The SU is the college bridge between faculty and student body. There is a very good environment for students. All students study very well and perform well in their exams. There is also a library facility available in this university and also in the hostel if any student wants to study he or she can easily visit and study in the library.
Why study at RCSI University
- This university is very good with the undergraduate school of medicine pharmacy and physiotherapy.
- 10 to prepare students for life after graduation when working as a part of the Health care team at our 15500 global medical elements at parties in 97 countries access to international clinical electives.
- this university is the main focus on developing advanced clinical skills and code to develop the healthcare leads to of tomorrow ability to ensure that we continue to graduate student with good skills and good discipline in ERA when the patient is increasingly being treated on an outpatient basis and surgical basis leads us to invest and develop the largest clinic center of in Europe.
- this university tab is a public University and located in an urban place which university is established in 1784 and have several campus 4 number of accommodation complex is also that you more than 25 million you are research funds available in this university.it students are planning to take admission they can take both online and offline application is accepted both methods online and offline and also a mode of program is full time and online.
- There are a total of 7 entry faculties at UG and PG level r si has 4 international campuses which are placed in Dubai Bahrain Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
Admission requirement for the international student:-
- High school transcription script and inclusive of grade from last 3 year with GPA 4.0 and above
- Copy of passport size photograph
- students must always carry their passport personal statement letter of recommendation confident academic refer health insurance cover personal interview and statement of purpose.
Country-wise academic eligibility:-
There are 36 IB score points available for diploma in international Baccalaureate students. For Indian students, a minimum is 20% or work in 4 subjects including chemistry by physics or mathematics for Australian if required minimum 95% and for the United State of America it's required 3.5 with GPS for science subjects.
Visa process for international students:-
Students are required to apply online to take admission to this university. Is applicant must provide the following documents the documents are;
- students have to take their visa fee and print the receipt of the fee.
- applicants need to apply for a student visa and submit the form on the required payment.
- There should be no mistake while filling the form name biography information and program information all should be correctly filled.
- Filename students should attend the scheduled interview at a suitable time.
General document to take for the visa interview.
- Health insurance cover
- Original application form
- Two passport size photographs.
- Receipt of payment.
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Official admission letter and complete Visa form admission letter. evidence to the intention to return to the home country and not immigrate to Ireland
Highlights of the University
The University was founded in 1784. It is ranked in the top 250 universities in the world by Timer high education. It has nearly 4000 students from different countries and offering courses like pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, school of medicine, pharmacy, etc. It is a public university and has 4 international Campuses in Dublin, Bahrain, Kuala, Lumpur, and Penang. Students apply the application via online and offline mode. The exam is semester wise and the mode of program is full time and online.
The minimum score for admission
The minimum score for seeking admission are:-
Fee structure of various courses.
- IELTS Academic paper:- Minimum score of 6.5
- TOEFL paper:- Minimum score of 550
- TOEFL CBT:-Minimum score 213
- TOEFL IBT:- Minimum score of 79
- TOEIC:- Minimum score of 605
- Pearson PTE Academic:- Minimum score of 67
- Cambridge CAE/CPE:- Minimum score is Grade A/B/C.
Here are the various fee structure for different courses:-
- Medicine :- 39,500
- Medical Commencement program:-11,300
- B.Sc Nursing:- 12,000
- B.Sc Nursing Bridging:- 18,000
- PhD:- 13,395
Here are some accommodation charges for students who want to live in a hostel
Single Accommodation:- 9,905(Cost EUR)
Light and heat:- 775 (Cost EUR)
Security Deposit:- 300( Cost EUR)
Total average expanse:- 7,705-10,980(CostEUR)
The international students may get financial aid in form like:-
- Student hardship Fund:- This fund helps in emergencies when the students can not cover the tuition fee.
- Student loans:- This loan is available for Canadian Student Loan programs and US Federal loans.
- Aim high Medicine Scholarship:-The candidate gets 3,500 EUR financial and 7,000 EUR get Travel allowance.
- Kiran Pathak pharmacy Scholarship:- The candidate gets 3,500EUR financial and 7,000EUR Travel allowance.
- International pharmacy Scholarship:-The students get a benefit of a 50 percent rebate on tuition fee.
The university gets a 201-250 international ranking. It gets 8 out of 10 rankings in Academic,7 out of 10 in infrastructure,9 out of 10 in placement,9 out of 10 in faculty,8 out of 10 in extracurricular activities, and 8 out of 10 ratings in Accommodation.
Places near the Campus
There are many places near the campus so students easily get their necessary things. Some of the places are:-
- Shopping Mall
The mall-like Entrance to Stephens Green Shopping Centre, Inglot south Anne street, The Happy Shop, Jervis Shopping Centre, Carroll's, Swan Shopping Centre, etc. are very near to the campus
The nearest bus stations are Stephen's Green Nth, St Stephen's Green North, Redmond's Hill stop 1284, Whitefriars Street, Stop 1355, Dawson Street.
- Super Market
The nearest superMarket is:- Dunnes Stores, Dunnes Store-Henry Street, Lidl Thomas Street, SPSR, Tesco Express, etc.
- Book Store
The nearest Book stores are:-The National Bible Society of Ireland, Dervish Books and Holistic Centre, Stokes Books, Hodges Figgis, Chapter, and Verse.
The nearest restaurants are:-The green hotel, Oliver St.John Gogarty's Hostel, The Clarence Hotel Dubin, The Davenport Hotel, Trinity City Hotel, etc.
The nearest restaurants are:- Dublin Airport, Casements Aerodrome, Royal Air Force Station Valley, George Best Belfast City Airport, Ireland West Airport Knock, Shannon Airport, etc.
- Bus station
The nearest Bus stations are:- Stephen's Green Nth, St Stephen's Green North, Redmond's Hill stop 1284, Whitefriars Street, stop 1355, Dawson Street, etc.
Advantages of RCSI
- The university focuses on health sciences.
- It focuses on developing advanced clinical skills and graduates with clinical skills.
- Student of Medicine, pharmacy, and physiotherapy are studied in a multidisciplinary team.
- It has a Unique student community that represents nearly 50 countries from North America to the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- nearly 15,500 global medical alumni are practicing in 97 countries in the world.
RCSI is a research and health institute. With hospitals and campuses in Ireland, Bahrain, and Malaysia. It is placed to develop and enhance research for the patient to improve the global community health.RCSI focused to improve human health through research. The research area includes Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Respiratory Disease, Infection, Immunity related disease, some Neurological and psychiatric diseases, Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Perinatal health, Bioengineering, etc.
About the City.
Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic. It is the second-largest island of the British Isles and the third largest island in Europe. It is surrounded by an 84,421km² area and ranked 19 in population. Dublin is the caption of Ireland. Here are some places where you visit are:-
- The cliffs of Moher
- Grafton Street
- Killarney National park and Muckross House and Garden
- The book of Kells and Trinity College
- Kilmainham Gaol
- The Ring of Kerry
- Glendalough, Co.Wicklow
- Powerscourt House and Garden, Co Wicklow
- The Little Museum of Dublin
- The Rock of Cashel
- Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone
- Kinsale, Co.Cork
- The dingle peninsula and the Wild Atlantic Way.
- St.Stephens Green, Dublin
- Bunratty Castle and Folk Park
- The English Market, Cork
- The Aran Islands
- Killarney National park
- Boyne Valley
RCSI Dubai was founded in 2005. It offers a Master's program in health care management. In Malaysia, RCSI has its campus within George Town.RCSI Bahrain is a fully owned university of RCSI and has nearly 450 registered students. In 2006, the Medical University of Bahrain formed a school of nursing in September 2006. More than 60 countries from each continent are showed in the RCSI students body. The university has 19,000 alumni in 97 countries. The Perdana University Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is the second Campus in the state of Selangor. It was established in 2011.The program hosts 100 students per year. Prof Eilis McGovern became the president of RCSI in 2010. She became the first female president of a surgical royal in the world. The Motto of the university is adopted from the College de St.Cosme in Paris.
RCSI performs many events like webinars, virtual fairs, Undergraduate open day, Graduate entry Medicine open Day, Mature entry Medicine open Day, Graduate, Mature and pharmacy Technicians open Day, Graduate Entry Physiotherapy open Day, Transition year MiniMed program.
How do I make sure Medicine, Pharmacy or Physiotherapy at RCSI is the right course for me?
To get a flavour of your chosen course we recommend you attend one of the dedicated RCSI open days or evenings. Whether you are thinking of applying as a School Leaver, Graduate or Mature Entry student, our open days will provide you with a unique opportunity to meet with academic staff, current students and graduates. You’ll also receive guidance on the application process and tips on how to make the transition from school or full-time work to college/university, and details on potential career opportunities after graduation.
We also recommend you visit the campus for yourself and consider taking a guided campus tour. Campus tours offer a unique insight into the history and heritage of RCSI and allow you to experience first-hand the exceptional teaching and social facilities available to all students including Europe’s largest clinical simulation teaching facility.
Finally, we recommend you try to get exposure to working (or work-shadowing) in a clinical environment. This should clarify whether a career in healthcare is right for you.
Can I be exempt from Irish?
In some circumstances yes you can be exemp
- Are resident in Northern Ireland and are presenting GCE/IGCSE qualifications for matriculation
- Were born outside Ireland (32 counties), permanently resident outside of Ireland and are presenting qualifications other than the Irish Leaving Certificate for matriculation
You are automatically granted an exemption and do not need to apply for one.
Exemptions from the Irish requirement may also be possible for applicants:
- Not born in the Republic of Ireland who are presenting the Irish Leaving Certificate
- Educated for an extended period of time outside of Ireland
- Have specific learning difficulties affecting language acquisition.
If you fulfil any of the criteria listed above, you can apply for Opens in new windowan NUI exemption from Irish. To apply for exemption, you will need to complete the Opens in new windowApplication for Matriculation Registration Exemption form and other relevant material. Applicants with specific learning difficulties affecting language acquisition (dyslexia) may apply for exemption from the requirement of presenting another language.
What is the HPAT-Ireland test and how do I prepare for it?
The Opens in new windowHPAT-Ireland test measures a candidate’s logical reasoning and problem-solving skills as well as non-verbal reasoning and the ability to understand the thoughts, behaviour and/or intentions of people. It does not test academic knowledge and candidates do not require special understanding of any academic discipline.
However, some familiarity with the question types typically presented in HPAT-Ireland would be an advantage. Sample questions are available on the Opens in new windowHPAT-Ireland website along with information about how to purchase further HPAT-Ireland practice materials.
The test results are combined with the moderated Irish Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) examination points for selecting applicants for admission to Undergraduate Medicine in the Republic of Ireland.