The most prestigious degree in the world for professional medical degrees is the MBBS. MBBS international degrees are offered by thousands of universities around the world. Iran is one of the top destinations in the world to study medicine. Many students register for MBBS in Iran Medical Colleges because of the numerous chances available at Iranian medical institutions and universities.
Iran, the Islamic republic, is the Middle East's easternmost country. The country is bordered on the north by the Caspian Sea and the south by the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. Persia was the previous name for the country. Armenia, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan border it on land, while Kazakhstan and Russia, in the Caspian Sea, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia have sea boundaries.
The country's population is estimated to be around 83 million people (as of 2020 data). Tehran, the republic's capital and political and economic hub, is the country's largest metropolis. Iran was first united by the Iranian Medes in the seventh century BC and reached its territorial apex in the sixth century BC when Cyrus the Great formed the Achaemenid Empire, which became one of the world's first superpowers and one of the greatest empires in history.
Iran is a regional and intermediate power in Asia, having a geopolitically significant location. It is a founding member of the United Nations, the World Economic Organization, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It possesses huge fossil fuel reserves, including the second-largest natural gas supply and the fourth-largest proven oil reserves in the world. The 22 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the country showcase the country's rich cultural heritage.
Why Study MBBS In Iran 2024-25?
Iran provides one of the most economical medical study options for what is likely the most advanced learning experience. WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and MCI are all lists of recognized medical universities in Iran. The greatest medical universities in Iran are among the best medical universities in the world. In comparison to other countries, the cost of living in Iran is quite affordable for Indian students. The hostels are well-equipped to meet all of the comfort needs of international students.
- Iran Universities that are globally affiliated, accredited, and recognized: WHO, WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and the Medical Councils of leading nations such as the United States, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Australia, India, Canada, and others recognize all universities.
- An atmosphere that is conducive to learning: Iran provides all of its pupils with a safe and secure learning environment. The greatest medical institutes in Iran provide students with a safe and secure educational environment as well as lifestyles.
- Experience with Advanced Learning: Iran is one of the countries that has always placed a high priority on developing its public healthcare system. As a result, the country has cutting-edge hospitals and well-equipped medical schools.
- Healthcare Industry that is Resourceful: Iran's medical universities are world-class in terms of infrastructure, technological advancements, skilled lecturers, and other factors, making it a popular choice for students from all over the world, particularly those from India.
- Duration of the course: In Iran, the MBBS program lasts seven years. The first five years of the course are dedicated to theoretical and technical instruction, following which the focus shifts to practical application through a two-year internship.
- Sophisticated Learning: The employment of advanced technological resources in the classrooms is a characteristic of MBBS in Iran. The use of technology allows pupils to learn in a more advanced and engaging manner.
- Various Profession Options: Iran has a varied range of career options from which students can choose based on their interests, aptitudes, and preferences.
- Language of Instruction: English is the prevalent and official language of instruction in most universities.
Quick Information Table
MBBS In Iran for Indian students
Iran's MBBS programme leads to a medical degree that is recognized worldwide. Iran is a wonderful country where people are patient and welcoming to outsiders. It is a country noted for its vibrant and diverse cities.
The NEET is an entrance exam for MBBS in Iran for Indian students and MBBS in Iran for Kashmiri students, who intend to pursue the graduate medical programme, dentistry programme (BDS), or postgraduate programme (MD/MS) at government or private medical institutes in India.
As a result, students can pursue their MBBS medical degree in Iran. The unique aspect of Iran is the level of security provided throughout the country. As a result, MBBS in Iran is the greatest option for students from all over the world who want to pursue medical education in a stress-free environment. Following are the reasons why Indians students should opt for MBBS in Iran:
- The medical degree awarded to graduates of the MBBS programme in Iran is internationally recognized.
- In Iran, MBBS confers eligibility for licensure exams such as MCI, PMDC, and PLAB, among others.
- The application process for MBBS in Iran is simple.
- The medium of instruction for MBBS in Iran is English, which is understood by both international and domestic students.
- The cost of MBBS in Iran is very reasonable.
- The medical degree earned at Iranian universities, known as MBBS, is recognized by international organizations.
- In Iran, MBBS has the advantage of providing students with internships at several sophisticated facilities.
- In Iranian institutions, MBBS offers a good study environment as well as a multi-cultural environment in which to learn new things.
- To assist the study process, MBBS or medical universities in Iran feature well-equipped laboratories and classrooms.
- Iran's medical universities have large campus grounds with academic buildings and hostel buildings.
- In Iran, MBBS students benefit from the convenience of having all of their study materials in one place, which is the vast libraries of institutions.
- Studying MBBS in Iran allows you to study from teachers who are highly trained and skilled.
Cost of Study MBBS In Iran
The actual cost of staying is determined by the students' preferences. However, depending on the university and the degree, the average cost of studying MBBS in Iran, excluding living expenses, ranges from 6000 USD to 8000 USD per year.
- (i) Food and Accommodation Cost: Food is of excellent quality and hygienic, and it is available at reasonable costs. A meal in Iran's mid-range restaurant costs between 15 USD to 20 USD. For Accommodation, it will cost around 6000 USD to 8000 USD.
- (ii) Living Cost: To live comfortably in Iran while studying, a student should budget roughly $100 per month for living expenses in excluding the tuition fees. Studying and living in Ukraine is substantially less expensive. However, this is dependent on the lifestyle of the particular student.
- (iii) Traveling Cost: The Country's public transportation is likewise quite cheap. Students receive a 30% discount on normal train and bus tickets throughout the city. A one-way local transit ticket costs roughly 2 USD, while a monthly pass costs around 10 USD to 30 USD.
MBBS In Iran Fees Structure 2024-25
- $1 = Rs.80(it may vary)
Mentioned fee are approximate and it may change as per the
change in currency
Advantages of Study MBBS in Iran
Following are the advantages of studying MBBS in the Universities of Iran:
There are no extra fees or additional costs for admission.
- There is no requirement for a gift.
- Simple Admissions Process
- Fee Structure that is Reasonably Priced
- Affordable living costs
- Global Recognition and Exposure
- The weather is pleasant.
- Students at Iran have access to high-quality educational resources.
- In Iran, MBBS has established cutting-edge infrastructure.
- In Iran, MBBS features academic buildings that are connected to dormitory structures where students can stay.
- In Iran, students studying MBBS have the opportunity to learn from highly qualified and skilled lecturers.
- Experimentation laboratories are well-equipped at Iran.
- Universities in Iran have large libraries with a wide range of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, editorials, encyclopedias, and other non-fiction literature to help students expand their knowledge.
- Students studying MBBS in Iran gain extensive exposure to technology as well as a high degree of quality information.
- Iran accepts applications from students from all over the world, resulting in a multi-cultural setting.
- Iran provides international students with airport pickup, travel accommodations, lodging, and international bank account establishment services while they are enrolled.
- The application for admission to MBBS in Iran is done online and is much simpler.
- On-campus training is available at Iran.
- University-affiliated hospitals provide advanced training and internship opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS In Iran
To be able to apply for MBBS in Iran, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- They must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the admittance year.
- They must have received 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 12th grade from CBSE / ICSE or an equivalent board of examination.
- They must have passed the NEET(UG) Entrance exam (as per MCI's recent notice) to apply for MBBS in Iran.
Admission Process For MBBS In Iran 2024-25
The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery) and MD (Master of Medicine) are the two most prevalent medical degrees offered at Iranian universities (Doctor of Medicine). The requirements for an MBBS application vary depending on the university to which you wish to apply. The requirements that follow are estimates. So, in order to obtain a clear image, you'll need to look up information on the selected university. Some of the general criteria for an MBBS are as follows:
- Step 1: Complete the application form with correct personal and educational information.
- Setep2: Send scanned copies of your academic documents and passport to the university of your choice.
- Step 3: After the University has completed its assessment of your application, it will generate a report.
- Step 4: Paying the tuition fees
- Step 5: Once your acceptance has been confirmed, you can start the immigration procedure. Make an application for a student visa.
- Step 6: It's now time to board a plane to Iran and begin your adventure to becoming a doctor.
Required Documents For MBBS In Iran
When you are applying for admission in Iran, be ready with all the required documents to avoid any kind of confusion or hurry at the last moment. The documents that are required for MBBS admission in Iran are:
- You must possess your high-school/Secondary School (10th) Marksheet.
- You must have your Intermediate/ Senior Secondary School (12th).
- You should be ready with your NEET Score Card.
- A new ID proof with all the correct details issued by Govt. of India is essential.
- English proficiency test certification
- Recommendation Letter
- Motivation Letter Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Student visa on passport
- The current state of the fund
- Photocopies of current passport photos
- Keep in mind that, depending on the university's application process, more documents may be required.
Scholarship Offered to Students For MBBS in Iran
There are many scholarships available to study in Iran. Scholarship applications are being accepted for a variety of medical university scholarships. These scholarships provide a financial stipend to a chosen group of academically qualified international students to help defray their educational costs.
Iran has many significant medical universities that provide a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of fields. Iran is thought to have the oldest higher education institutions in the world.
Description of the scholarship:
- Application Deadline
- Scholarships are provided for students pursuing BA, MSc, and Ph.D. programs.
- Subject to research
Types of Scholarships: There are three different sorts of scholarships available: Type A, Type B, and Type C are the three types of people.
MBBS In Iran Syllabus
MBBS In Iran vs MBBS In India
Other MBBS Options for Indian Students
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is an Iranian MBBS recognized in India?
Yes, an MBBS from Iran is recognized in India if it was earned at one of the MCI-approved colleges. In Iran, the MBBS course format is similar to that of India. In order to practice in India, students must pass a screening test issued by the National Medical Council (MCI).
Is NEET required to study MBBS In Iran?
Since 2018 NEET is compulsory to study MBBS In Iran
or any other country.
Is the degree of MBBS from Iran valid in India?
MBBS degree from Iran is valid in India as medical
colleges in Iran are approved by India's Medical
Is MBBS In Iran expensive?
MBBS In Iran costs lower than any other country like
India or Nepal.